Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
  • Pool
US$125
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$127
US$115
Travelocity
6,301 results
All reviewsbusiness classmanchester airportbusiness loungecovered walkwayrunway viewan early flightunder coverstart your holidayour honeymoonnext morningmain restaurantsuperior roommini bargood nights sleepovernight staycar parkingstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed one night before a flight. We travelled to Manchester by train so the location of the hotel is excellent for both the train and the flight and is the reason I would choose the hotel again. The room was comfortable and clean but nothing special (Scandinavian themed, so a bit like IKEA). I don't quite understand some of the reviews for the restaurant, as we found the food choice to be quite limited and the price is quite high. The food is nothing special and breakfast buffet was standard fare.
Compared to other airport hotels, which are obviously so well used, it is probably better than most but compared to other similar rated hotels in general I would only rate it as average.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Stayed here a few times before catching a flight as very convenient. Much better experience this time. Stayed in Buisness class room, like others have said it is in need of an update as starting to look tired and dated.

I must mention the restaurant as when we visited in the past it was dreary and uninviting. They have spruced it up now and the food really is top notch! Staff very friendly and attentitive.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank The W
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed on night one of our honeymoon on the celebration package.

Small but good room, nice champers and strawberries dipped in chocolate, good meal etc etc. disappointed that the pay for view movies we paid for in advance we broke and no apology or solution forthcoming despite us telling the maintenance man that we had wanted to curl up and relax with a film.

Handy location for sure, maybe the hotel plays on this a touch?

Anyway, would I return? Yes.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vixster722
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife and I continue to use this hotel when flying from Manchester due to its very convenient positioning. However, we look back with some dismay at the high standards of some years ago that have been allowed to significantly decline. This trip is no exception. Whilst our room is comfortable enough, the decor is shabby in places and in need of a thorough refurb. On check in the reception staff member who dealt with us was frosty, unable to fully comprehend english, did not know the correct rate for the room and charged us differently from the rate we had been offered on the 'phone when booking. The extra was only £16, but that is not the point, this sort of thing should not happen. Staff in the various restaurants are very nice, but again had trouble in understanding simple english when ordering drinks and food. On going for breakfast the restaurant staff were not aware that we had paid for breakfast in the cost of our room, and kept us waiting whilst they checked with reception. The food isn't at all bad, but at the breakfast buffet finding bacon and sausages that have been properly cooked is not easy.....how this has not been a cause of illness in some people is a mystery to me, as sausages tend to be cooked on one side only and just about raw on the other and the bacon is much the same.
So, will we come here again? I am not sure. There are other airport hotels and we may try the Hilton, the problem there is that the Hilton (Like the other hotels here) is not directly connected to the walkways and consequently the hassle of using shuttles to and from the terminals is neccessary.....not always a good thing after a tiring long haul flight! Convenience might therefore win the day as far as the Radisson is concerned, but I am left with the impression that this allows the management to take its customers for granted.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RKH245
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Greetingsfrom the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport.l am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed many of the services and amenities provided by the hotel and would like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at the hotel. I have taken your concerns into
consideration with my team and assure you that every effort will be made to ensure that guest experience remains flawless.Please reach out to me to discuss this further.
l look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed here for one night before departing for our honeymoon the following morning on an early flight. We arrived about 7pm, reception was busy but we were seen fairly quickly for check in. My husband had emailed about a month before, explaining it was our honeymoon and was there anything that we or the hotel could do in order to make it a bit more special. We were upgraded to a better room which was brilliant, and were also promised a room overlooking the runway which sounded brilliant. Although we did receive a better room, we were given a room on the other side of the hotel which was disappointing but not the end of the world. So we took up our suitcases and went to look for something to eat.

We returned about 45 mins later with no food as everywhere had stopped serving within the terminal, so decided to order room service. We also asked reception on the way in if there were any rooms available facing the runway and there was so we were changed room without a problem and I was helped by a lovely gentleman from concierge who came with me to move the bags whilst my husband sorted out the room! He was very friendly and chatted all the way to our new room.

The room itself wasn't bad, I wasn't overwhelmed or underwhelmed. The bed was nice and big, very comfortable and was angled to face the window which was nice (we slept with the curtains open so we could sit and watch the airport). It was spacious, had a nice desk area and the bathroom was nice and clean. Other that that it did look a little tatty with old fixtures and a very old huge TV with very bad signal! It looked a little out of date and that it may be needing an upgrade & refurbishment soon! it was practical though, very quiet so we could sleep with ease.

The room service was very expensive, £40 for 2 burgers with fries, an extra portion of fries, and 2 cokes but it was delicious and was quick to arrive. It was needed though as we were hungry and nowhere else was open! I did request a burger without cheese and it was read back to us that it would come without...it did end up coming with cheese however which was disappointing but I just scraped it off onto my plate. I was too hungry to ring and then request another!

Location-wise it was ideal, right on the sky walk with about a 15 min walk to terminal 1 all under cover (terminal 2 is about a 5-10 min walk). We requested a wake up call which we got and check out was efficient.

Overall it was exactly what we needed before being up early for a flight. We would stay again but would possibly hope for a more recently refurbished room if we were being picky. Staff were friendly and professional and it was a good price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma G

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport. I am very pleased to know that you liked most of the services and amenities at the hotel. Thank you for your review. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.