“Convenient but tired room!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #14 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
UK
“Convenient but tired room!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed in August before morning flight, had 2 interconnecting rooms ( oriental). The rooms were ok, twin beds together for me and hubby, twin beds and a put me up bed in the next interconnecting room for kids. Both baths were filthy! Hair clogged in both plugs! Thank goodness we only had a shower, and used the better of the 2 bathrooms! Breakfast was great! Pillow (1 each bed terrible ! Very bad sleep) Check in was VERY slow ( over 20 minutes), rooms tired, hubby says that's probably because they are always busy, probably I say with people who will stay once, not complain but NEVER stay again :( oh and wouldn't have known about the swimming pool unless I saw it on the website. Food in restaurant overpriced and service poor.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was disappointing. I would love to rectify this. Consistency is a must in service and I sincerely apologize that we have let you down. I hope you can reach out to me at your convenience to discuss this further and perhaps help gain your trust in us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
oswestry, england
Reviewed 6 September 2012

First of all we got a good deal on accomodation here the night before a trip, so it was a no-brainer. Its great to be able to walk to departures and not worry about a bus / taxi / train. This in itself provides a relaxing start to your holiday.

Now though we try to spend as much time here as possible before our trip, as the beds are about the most comfortable, pillows especially, in any hotel I've ever stayed in. My wife also had a special body wrap which she enjoyed. They also let us keep the room until 3pm when our flight left, with us on it, fully relaxed.

Parking extra at £12 / night, even for residents. Ouch. But the hotel itself gets better and better.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Denby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2012

If your flying from t2 or t1 really then location couldn't be better. Food at the runway restaurant was brilliant, however we were on the start of our honeymoon the manager brought us over 2 glasses of champagne complimentry but they still ended up on the bill! Check in and out a breeze. However the beds are on wooden or laminate floors and move around overtime you even sit on bed. No headboard on bed so pillows just slide off behind bed. Pillows are a waste of time honestly didn't get much sleep at all as there so soft they end up instantly flat! Even my partner likes soft pillows and she said they were far too soft!! Even if you like them soft you will find them too soft!! Rooms nice and clean tho.

• Stayed September 2012
Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I do apologize that the experience was not up to your expectations, we value our guests’ comments very highly and will certainly take note of the points that you have mentioned as we constantly strive to improve our guests’ experience. I do hope you would return in your next Manchester visit and create a better experience.
England
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

The check in was speedy, efficient and friendly. I was allocated a oriental themed room with view of the airport. The bed was huge and really comfortable, the room was really quiet and the air on was really efficient (after a hot night in another airport hotel last year this is important for a good nights sleep i find!). The furniture is looking a bit worn and looks due for a refurb in the not too distant future (IMO) , the TV was fine but I do find it odd in this day that there is no freeview offerings...? However, the bathroom was spotless, the water good and hot and the toiletries surprisingly good. I didn't eat in the restaurant as I wasn't that hungry but a short stroll to T2 (arrivals) I bought a tasty Indian snack from a concession outlet (and a can of G&T, use free ice from ice machine on each floor..)
Breakfast was very good (£12) and good value for the amount on offer. Polite service.
I have used other airport hotels in the past and this is one I will return to, not only is the position great but I had really good nights sleep to set me up for a long journey.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport. I’m happy to read your comments about your recent stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a great overnight location prior to flying out of the UK. We treated ourselves and stayed prior to an early morning flight to Mallorca. Great room with the all important view of the planes coming and going. Rooms are what you'd expect from a business type hotel. Breakfast was buffet style and good quality. Check in/out no problems. Its close location in respect of T1/2 is perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport. What a delightful review! Thank you for taking the time to post this, I am glad we have lived up to your expectations, and we all look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully soon!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a business class room for one night on 18th. August prior to early morning flight. The hotel was convenient and the room was satisfactory although the corridor outside was grubby with a dirty carpet. We had also booked car parking for a maximum fifteen days, included in the room price which worked very well. We ate in the Runway Brasserie which was quite disgusting as was the breakfast the following morning in the main restaurant. What visitors from other countries think of our country when they experience this kind of food and service must be quite embarrassing. Overall a hotel for convenience but nothing more. Not up to standard of other Radissons say in London or Cape Town as examples.

Stayed August 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I've stayed here on business several times.

On this occassion I stayed at this hotel before an early morning flight and it certainly helped reduce the stress levels of travel to the airport. I would definitely consider returning.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport. Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent experience with us and hope to welcome you back soon to your Manchester home.