“Excellent location”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Great location for all three terminals and the train station at Manchester Airport. Friendly check-in staff, very comfortable room and excellent sound proofing. The meal I had at one of the hotel restaurants tasted fresh and was nicely served. The price for a glass of wine is a disgrace - nine UK pounds.

Manchester Airport has recently introduced new trolleys, which are easy to handle, but beware - you pay one UK pound or two Euros and do NOT get your money back when you return the trolley. Maybe travellers should do as I did, and pass their trolley on or leave it in a convenient place for other travellers. Travellers pay quite enough in airport taxes without this additional charge

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now for business and I must say I have been Impressed every time.
The main thing for me is how comftable the beds are so you can get a really good night's sleep.
The rooms are fairly spacious and are modern and very clean.
The service I have recieved has been great and once I forgot my toothbrush and paste and was given both complimentry and they were brought to my room no problem.
The food is totally gorgeous and plenty choice for all tastes.
The location is great and is also linked to the train station as well as having its own car park.
The only slight negative really is how expensive the drinks are £8 for a glass of wine is just to much!!

Room Tip: They each have a theme oriental was nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here overnight as going on holiday next day.. The welcome was wonderful checked in very quickly. Room out of this world everytning you could need. Had meal in hotel not to expensive. drinks were not to badly priced.
Very good nights sleep, wake up call in morning, checked out coffee waiting for us.
Would stay there every time pay the big extra for a good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed for one night following a flight the next morning.

Check-in with Danny at reception was a complete pleasure, he gave us lots of info about the facilities and genuinely enjoyed making us feel welcome.

The rooms at the back of the hotel face the terminal and runway area and as a plane fanatic itwas great. I sat in the chair with a beer from the mini-bar and watched the airports activities all afternoon. These rooms would also be good for kids who need to be kept amused! Rooms were spacious, very clean and had everything you needed. inc. Iron, trouser press, tea & coffee etc.

The hotel does have a gym, pool, sauna and steam room. Unfortunately the sauna and steam room were out of order which we were disappointed about as no one had told us before we arrived (even though we booked direct with the hotel) this was one of the main reasons for booking this hotel due to us chilling out before our flight the next day)

There are two restaurants on-site and we choice to dine at the non al l carte of the two (cant remember the name). Unfortuanlty the menu is very limited and prices a little too high for whats on offer. Its a real shame as we feel this is the facility that lets down the hotel. We didn't try the other Resturant so can't comment.

We left the car with the hotel for the week we were away and this was simple to arrange. The car departed the hotel once we handed the keys in the next morning so we were able to put clothes we didn't want to take with us back in the car before leaving for the holiday.

The airport is about a 5 minute walk via the tunnel from the hotel. We would return to this hotel as its very convenient and the rooms are so different to anything else on offer.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Used this hotel for overnight stay between flights.
Check in easy and staff very friendly.
Rooms clean with comfortable bed and good pillows.
Used the Runway resturant which was good food and reasonable.
Over all found this airport hotel better than others I had used and very good value for money.
I will use this hotel again and recommend it for over night stays.

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night prior to a meeting. The room was okay but the decor a bit strange. Fake Italian design, very kitch. The bed was at a funny angle, the tv worked poorly and was showing British summer time instead of gmt. I was glad I wasn't there to catch a train. No complimentary water, just a minibar that was locked and unusable. The shower had barely any hot water.

Meeting rooms were okay but the flip chart was flimsy and the food abysmal. Pasta salad fit a conference? Cone on, this is 2012, not 1982. Service for the meeting was poor. Only 4 bottles of water for 10 people which were not refreshed at lunchtime so unless you beg you will desiccate. Staff cane and went as they pleased causing huge disruption. Plates were banged together, etc etc. not a pleasant affair at all. Not mentioning the constant drilling.

I was hoping we could use the venue for future conferences but we won't.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 7 November 2012

On checking in, I was told I was being upgraded (at no extra cost) to a business class room up on the ninth floor. I don't often get lucky breaks like this so I was more than happy with the arrangement! Very clean room with a nice view from the window over towards Manchester. Very comfortable furnishings, nice cosy area with a small desk for anyone wanting to work. Nespresso coffee machine, minibar, room safe, free wifi. Bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very quiet.

Breakfast is the usual hot / cold buffet arrangement typical of this kind of hotel, however, compared to Radisson hotels that I've stayed at in Scandinavia, the choice of food seemed very limited. The cooked breakfast was okay except that the scrambled eggs had a strange floury texture to them.

If you're an ordinary traveller passing through for one night (as I was), I can't imagine the extra you have to pay for business class would be justified. On the other hand, if you're on business and wanted to use the hotel as a base for a couple of days, it's worthwhile going for the superior rooms. The transport links to and from Manchester airport are excellent and the hotel is certainly perfect for the airport. It took me ten minutes from checking out to checking in for my flight. Overall very happy with my room and if I ever have to fly out of Manchester on an early flight again, I would definitely stay here as it takes all the stress out of getting to the airport using taxis / trains.

Tip: If you're catching a morning flight at Manchester, allow a bit of extra time to check-out of the hotel as there's a good chance that lots of other people will be leaving at the same time as you.

Room Tip: Rooms with the best views are definitely higher up.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo