Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
US$125
Doubletree
US$125
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$127
US$115
Travelocity
6,301 results
All reviewsbusiness classmanchester airportbusiness loungecovered walkwayrunway viewan early flightunder coverstart your holidayour honeymoonnext morningmain restaurantsuperior roommini bargood nights sleepovernight staycar parkingstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again because of its proximity to the terminals. You are connected by covered walkways which makes a morning stroll to the airport pleasant and relaxing as opposed to a mad rush.

The hotel is standard Radisson and gets very busy with fellow travellers. We had to queue for about 10 minutes to check in. Once in our room we were very pleased to see a great view over the airport. The rooms are functional, clean and comfortable and the hotel is remarkably quiet.

Food is expensive for what you get - we ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. However, the staff were polite and the food was fine. They have a captive audience so it's our fault for not going out in search of something better for the sake of an relaxing evening! The bar at the top of the hotel is also (unsurprisingly) expensive but it's a novel place to have a drink whilst watching the planes coming and going.

We booked online for a decent rate. I certainly wouldn't pay rack rate. It was also cheaper to park overnight at the hotel and then move our car the following morning to the meet & greet car park for the duration of our trip, so don't be fooled by the parking packages they offer. Navigating to the meet & greet car park took literally 60 seconds once out of the hotel's car park.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NorthernSoutherner
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed overnight here because we had a very early flight. A very smart hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Our room was very modern, comfortable, spacious and immaculately clean. We enjoyed a very nice meal in the restaurant where the service was also very pleasant and efficient although the wine was rather pricey. The hotel is easy to find and ideally situated for all terminals and the railway station. We would have no hesitation whatsoever in staying here again should the need arise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YorkyWashington
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I checked into this hotel for one night after a week in the wretched Malmaison Hotel downtown. A fabulous room in business class was waiting, but while there were no guests waiting at reception on the main floor, they directed me to the business class floor where there was a wait, while one employee checked in others. When I got into my room there was a notice on the bed that said that the lounge would be closing at 18:00. I went to the lounge at 17:15, where I was scowled at by a couple of women who were asking why people were still being allowed in. There were several people clearly setting up an event, making the lounge a loud, crowded place. I took a glass of wine and went to my room to call and complain. I waited 5 minutes for someone to pick-up the "instant service" line. I was told there was not a manager that I could speak with available and the responses of the person on the phone were completely without apology, explaining that other guests had reserved the lounge.

I was offered nothing in compensation, while normally the lounge is open till 21:00 for drinks and snacks, not to mention the great view.

I hadn't stayed in a Radisson in a while because of cold service before. I doubt that I'll be staying in one again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Welcome: The staff were friendly and helpful. The reception area is currently under construction but the work has been hidden well and there is a nicely furnished temporary bar area. The seats in reception are very comfortable and the decor is sophisticated. Our room was an older room which had not yet been refurbished but it was more than adequate. The king size bed, bathroom and toiletries were all as to be expected, and the room was perfect for relaxing before an early morning flight.

We received a very prompt 4am wake up call as requested, and due to our early flight time we did not have breakfast. A very friendly and efficient service, and definitely preferable to early morning travel to the airport from afar. The hotel is 4-5minutes walk from terminal 2 which is very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rebecca h
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We used the ideally located Radisson when we had arrived back into Manchester in the early hours. We simply walked to the entrance from the terminal / arrivals which requires no leaving the building. We had interconnecting rooms for my husband, my two children and myself. The rooms including the bathrooms were excellent and spacious too. All the little extra touches were welcome too including the toiletries, slippers, robes, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits etc... Also with a shower and separate bath we were more than looked after. We paid about £160 for 9 days parking and overnight accommodation for 2 adults and two children (ages 6&12). Well done Radission.

Room Tip: When we woke up and opened the curtains we had an excellent view of the airfield and the latest arrival of a Virgin Jumbo Jet.... very exciting!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family