“Disappointing”

Ranked #13 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Having stayed at this hotel a few times and found it to be ok, on this stay I was disappointed. The air conditioning in the room was broken and as such I was boiling all night and therefore barely slept, having a knock on effect to the day I travelled. Also, the bathroom was filthy, there were hairs in both the sink and the bath and the toilet had not been flushed. Although we received a 20% discount on the room when we came to check out! the knock on effect from not sleeping was terrible and I feel entirely the hotel's fault, especially after umpteen million was spent in renovating, it was a leg down.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room with working air conditioning.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
It is always pleasing to welcome back returning guests, however I am disappointed that your experience was not the same as previous stays.
I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologise for this unfortunate situation and work towards reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering. I have emailed you directly via TripAdvisor, and would be most grateful if you could contact me to discuss your stay further either by telephone: 0161 490 5000 or alternatively michael.weston@radissonblu.com .
Once again, thank you for your review. I would be grateful for the opportunity to resolve this situation for you, with the ultimate aim of having you return, so that you may experience once again the normally excellent service standards as before. I do hope to speak with you soon.
Michael

Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport in the not too distant future.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,071)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Well as the title says Great location, situated on the skyline tunnel between terminal 1/3 and terminal 2.This location is made even easier as the skyline has escalators all the way along to each of the terminals, so even if you have problems with mobility this will whisk you along with little or no effort. We went for the stay and park option which included an overnight stay and 14 nights parking (off site) It was nice to know that the day before we departed everything was taken care of and the day of the flight was a small 3/4 minute stroll away (instead of worrying what the traffic would be like, and if there would be any hold ups on the motorway) what also made it great this was upon our return the car was waiting in the hotel car park all ready to go.

The room was facing the airport (which we requested) so our little one could watch the planes come and go during the evening, don't worry about the noise or lights as there was no noise and the blackout curtains made for a good nights sleep. The only gripe would be the room was basic but clean (expected it to be more modern). Overall, would defiantly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the airport runway, it gets you into the holiday feeling watching the plan...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your most postiive review and recommendation of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are about to commence on our next phase of refurbishment with a further 120 bedrooms undergoing exciting transformation. I do hope you will have the opporutnity to return to experience our updated product offering.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Stroud, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I was flying into Manchester for an event at Old Trafford (you need to get a train into the City Centre and then on the Metrolink, can take longer than you think so leave yourself enough time).

This hotel is within easy walk from all terminals and to the rail-link to the City Centre.

I was allowed to check in early and upgraded to a business class room which was huge. Light and airy with a kingsize bed and lovely soft pillows. Unfortunately I did not have a room with views over the airport.

The shower was Fab.

I was not disturbed by any noise from within or from outside the hotel.

My only complaint is there was no free bottled water in the room, even the most basic hotels tend to supply at least one bottle, maybe that was because there was a mini bar in the room and they wanted you to buy it.

Would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Bottles of water do remain chargeable however all Operations of the hotel remain continually under review and your suggestion is welcomed.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night before flying, check in was fine everything else was absolutely terrible!
Sockets in the room weren't working, the food was awful, £15 for fish and chips which was average and we'll the portion size was an absolute disgrace 2 tiny bits of fish in batter probably about half a fish from a local chippy if lucky! Never been so close to sending something back in my life (other half didn't want to cause a scene)
Breakfast was average at best, only decent thing about the hotel was it was on the terminal.

Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am most disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
Once again, thank you for your review. I would be grateful for the opportunity to resolve this situation for you, with the ultimate aim of having you return, so that you may experience the normally excellent guest service we are proud to deliver. I do hope to speak with you soon.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is what all airport hotels should aspire to be. It's cleverly designed and stylish (I like the Scandinavian furnishings theme), it's well appointed, and it's well located (terminals and the train station are all about 4-5 mins walk). The beds are enormous and comfortable and the windows are ultra-effective so a good rest is assured. In-room facilities are great with no need to call out for irons etc, (a common whinge of mine), and Wifi is both free and fast (another common whinge!)
Service seemed pretty good from what I saw although my dealings were pretty much limited to reception staff they were efficient and helpful. I didn't eat in the hotel except for breakfast, which was an expansive and good quality buffet with everything you could wish for served in a modern and smart setting.
If I have to be constructively niggly I'd say the only negative was the overly soft pillows, I needed three and still sank down into them. Other people near me at breakfast were discussing the same thing, so a firmer option would be nice. Maybe reception have some, I was too tired to find out, but after all it was no major drawback. Overall I'd highly reccomend this place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your most positive review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Firmer pillows are available on request from our "One Touch Service". We are more than happy to accommodate any requests you may have.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night before a morning flight from Manchester airport. We booked a business class room which was worth the little extra money, it came with breakfast included and access to the 9th floor business centre which had a help yourself bar to complimentary tea, coffee, beer & wine until 9pm. The breakfast in the main restaurant was good, proper fruit juices, full English breakfast buffet and continental as well. Check in and check out was quick and without hassle.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the exciting changes we have made during our refurbishment.
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Checked in by Ramoule, excellent customer service. Business class room was very nice but disappointing to see that water was only available at a cost. Very quiet and a decent nights sleep given the location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.