“Plush Stop Over for Early Flight”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stopped over here (using Carlson points) as I had an early flight home the following morning.
Hotel has perfect location, in between the two terminals.. with a short walk along the futuristic walk way joining them to the hotel and the railway station.
if you are lucky enough to get a Business class room try the business lounge as it has superb view over the airport
Hotel is modern, clean and seems well maintained.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
If your dashing off to an early morning flight, they serve tea/coffee, fruit and some breakfast bars in the reception upto the time the restaurants open.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Take a room on the Airport side, especially if you have a room on the higher floors !
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shuttie
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your most postiive review and recommendation of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (6,062)

Reviewed 26 December 2013

As airport hotels go this takes some beating. Our flight was early in the morning so we had a 5 minute walk to check in and did not have to go outside in the wet and cold. The transport from here is also easy the train station is a 2 minute walk and bus station 3 minutes. My only gripe was being on the 3rd floor . As I was only there for 2 nights and not spending much time in the room it was not the end of the world. The 3rd floor has not been refurbished yet but is still passable but there were a few marks on the corridor wall and worn carpets. The rooms are well sound proofed and the beds are very comfy with good quality bed linen and duvets. My wife now wants new pillows at home as the pillows were very good. Would we return next time we pass through Manchester? a big Yes, but will ask for a refurbished room. I expect if we had have asked we would have got a change of room as the reception were very helpful as were all the staff and nothing was to much trouble. Having a Pool, Gym and Spa is also a bonus and we made good use of these.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve h

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future when we will be sure to allocate you one of our newly refurbished bedrooms.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Also had bad experiences at the Radisson. Heating was stone cold all afternoon, so an engineer set it to hot. This we were told could not be turned down. We were woken in the early hours by the room vibrating loudly, floors, walls and bed, from the air conditioning unit making it impossible to sleep. So we were moved upstairs at 2 oclock in the morning. We asked for a wake up call at 7 and were woken up at 7.35 so we were late checking in.. The lack of sleep badly affected our travel plans. It was a very bad experince before a long haul 9 hour flight. We have stayed there 3 times before but didn't have such bad problems then. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kimmy54

Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
It is always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests and I thank you for choosing to return. I am however deeply sorry for the unfortunate circumstances you encountered on this occasion. As you have described yourself, this is a most unusual situation unlike your previous stays however nonetheless I am sorry for the inconveince that you experienced.
I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologise for this unfortunate situation and work towards reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering. I have emailed you directly via TripAdvisor, and would be most grateful if you could contact me to discuss your stay further either by telephone: 0161 490 5000 or alternatively michael.weston@radissonblu.com .
Once again, thank you for your review. I would be grateful for the opportunity to resolve this situation for you, with the ultimate aim of having you return, so that you may experience the normally excellent guest service to which you have become accustomed. I do hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Having stayed at this hotel a few times and found it to be ok, on this stay I was disappointed. The air conditioning in the room was broken and as such I was boiling all night and therefore barely slept, having a knock on effect to the day I travelled. Also, the bathroom was filthy, there were hairs in both the sink and the bath and the toilet had not been flushed. Although we received a 20% discount on the room when we came to check out! the knock on effect from not sleeping was terrible and I feel entirely the hotel's fault, especially after umpteen million was spent in renovating, it was a leg down.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room with working air conditioning.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
It is always pleasing to welcome back returning guests, however I am disappointed that your experience was not the same as previous stays.
Once again, thank you for your review. I would be grateful for the opportunity to resolve this situation for you, with the ultimate aim of having you return, so that you may experience once again the normally excellent service standards as before. I do hope to speak with you soon.
Michael

Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Well as the title says Great location, situated on the skyline tunnel between terminal 1/3 and terminal 2.This location is made even easier as the skyline has escalators all the way along to each of the terminals, so even if you have problems with mobility this will whisk you along with little or no effort. We went for the stay and park option which included an overnight stay and 14 nights parking (off site) It was nice to know that the day before we departed everything was taken care of and the day of the flight was a small 3/4 minute stroll away (instead of worrying what the traffic would be like, and if there would be any hold ups on the motorway) what also made it great this was upon our return the car was waiting in the hotel car park all ready to go.

The room was facing the airport (which we requested) so our little one could watch the planes come and go during the evening, don't worry about the noise or lights as there was no noise and the blackout curtains made for a good nights sleep. The only gripe would be the room was basic but clean (expected it to be more modern). Overall, would defiantly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the airport runway, it gets you into the holiday feeling watching the plan...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are about to commence on our next phase of refurbishment with a further 120 bedrooms undergoing exciting transformation. I do hope you will have the opporutnity to return to experience our updated product offering.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I was flying into Manchester for an event at Old Trafford (you need to get a train into the City Centre and then on the Metrolink, can take longer than you think so leave yourself enough time).

This hotel is within easy walk from all terminals and to the rail-link to the City Centre.

I was allowed to check in early and upgraded to a business class room which was huge. Light and airy with a kingsize bed and lovely soft pillows. Unfortunately I did not have a room with views over the airport.

The shower was Fab.

I was not disturbed by any noise from within or from outside the hotel.

My only complaint is there was no free bottled water in the room, even the most basic hotels tend to supply at least one bottle, maybe that was because there was a mini bar in the room and they wanted you to buy it.

Would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Bottles of water do remain chargeable however all Operations of the hotel remain continually under review and your suggestion is welcomed.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night before flying, check in was fine everything else was absolutely terrible!
Sockets in the room weren't working, the food was awful, £15 for fish and chips which was average and we'll the portion size was an absolute disgrace 2 tiny bits of fish in batter probably about half a fish from a local chippy if lucky! Never been so close to sending something back in my life (other half didn't want to cause a scene)
Breakfast was average at best, only decent thing about the hotel was it was on the terminal.

Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am most disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
Once again, thank you for your review. I would be grateful for the opportunity to resolve this situation for you, with the ultimate aim of having you return, so that you may experience the normally excellent guest service we are proud to deliver. I do hope to speak with you soon.