“Dire Service”

Ranked #13 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Warrington
“Dire Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

It is a nice hotel, very convenient if travelling from Manchester Airport. Business class rooms are of decent quality and nicely refurbished.

However as someone who travels a lot, I expect decent service in an hotel at this price. I went and took a table in the bar restaurant, at 9pm, the place was pretty empty and tried to grab the attention of one of the many staff. For whatever reason this was seemingly impossible as the staff seemed intent on having their own conversations, they were certainly having a nice time together. When I eventually was served and commented on the slow service, the response was 'oh'. The food, when it came was poor and overpriced

I also raised the issue when I checked out and was told 'sorry for the confusion'.

the "100% satisfaction guarantee" is just empty rhetoric. Staff in this hotel don't give a damn

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am most disappointed to read of your experience and can only apologise for the shortcomings you have experienced.
I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologise for this unacceptable experience and work towards reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering. I have emailed you directly via TripAdvisor, and would be most grateful if you could contact me to discuss your stay further either by telephone: 0161 490 5000 or alternatively michael.weston@radissonblu.com .
Once again, thank you for your review. I would be grateful for the opportunity to resolve this situation for you, with the ultimate aim of having you return, so that you may experience the normally excellent guest service we are proud to deliver. I do hope to speak with you soon.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,071)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

The primary feature of this hotel is its location, right on the airport, great if you have an early morning flight. No complaints about the room - I have no aesthetic preference when it comes to hotel rooms so "Maritime" (which meant really just dark wood and some pictures of sailing ships on the walls) worked fine for me. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean and well equipped. Above all the room was adequately soundproofed. I don't expect much more from airport hotels, so I was overall satisfied.

Didn't take breakfast, as it was way overpriced and I decided to just have a coffee in the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Emin
Thank you for your most postiive review and recommendation of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Had a one night stay before early an morning flight.

Had a room on the Oriental floor. The decor was really dated and there were a lot of cracks on the ceiling. The bathroom was nice and spacious, great shower. Good sized room with excellent wifi. No noise from other rooms or the airport which was excellent. Squeaky but very comfy bed.

Prompt room service. Order arrived within 10 minutes of calling.

I'd have loved to have had time to use the spa services.

Speedy checkout was appreciated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your most positive review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our second phase of refurbishment commences early 2014 so I do hope you will have the opportunity to return to enjoy our updated bedrooms.
In the meantime if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate (michael.weston@radissonblu.com). I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I Stayed at the raddison on the 27th of December, we have just recently been married and wanted something special before out flight to New York, we booked a business class room with a celebration package , firstly check in was quick and easy!
We went to our room which was large and clean! Very impressed with the size ! Massive tv and all the accessories you would need , including an iPhone charger !
With the celebration package we got a bottle of champagne and chocolates for arrival which was a fantastic touch and start to our honeymoon! We went to the sauna which was clean and large before fore heading down for an evening meal, again with the package this was pre paid for , The menu choice was limited compared to the regular menu but there was still something for everyone ! The meal was fantastic, and I couldn't fault the service. With having a business class room we had access to the business class lounge , which was very special, free drinks and nibbles until 9pm and got to sit and watch the planes come and go. Overall such a fantastic experience and would not hesitate to book here again! 5* service, thanks to the hotel
For making this time for us even more special
It

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DemiStedman
Congratulations on your recent wedding. Thank you for having chosen to begin your celebrations with us at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Once again, thank you for your review and Congratulations! I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport in the not too distant future.
owens1966
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Thought because of the name it would have been better than a Premier Inn... Oh how wrong was i ? Staff at front desk were not very helpfull... asked to change rooms due to pubic hairs in the bathroom... Asked for a double... got a twin... The only saving grace was the bar / restuarant... Next time I will be staying in a Premier Inn, much cheaper and cleaner... Radisson Blu... Yoiu need to update your rooms... big time.

Room Tip: Will there be one ?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am most disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and the shortcomings you experienced. This is by no means indicative of the standards we aim to provide and I am only sorry you were affected by such.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel on the surface appears to be quite high end - very modern, minimalist reception and attentive first contact. However that's really where it starts and finishes. I asked the receptionist if he could order me a taxi for a specific time as I was going to Hale for dinner with colleagues for Christmas and had just 30 mins to shower and change etc. He couldn't manage this and ended up getting me a taxi too early which then disappeared and I walked across to the station for a black cab.

The room was ok - it just didn't really match the reception if you know what I mean. I expected sleek and modern and it was all dark wood. That said it was clean and comfy with a stocked minibar (which is rare in hotels these days) so I could have a drink whilst getting ready.

The next morning I had booked a massage at the spa so trundled downstairs to what was the worlds smallest gym. However the therapist was welcoming and helpful. I do however think she had rather long nails for a massage therapist and she should be made to cut them.

I had arrived from London to the domestic terminal 3 so it was a fair walk to the holt and the signage was useless once outside the terminal 3 building. I had to call the hotel for directions.

I paid £85 for the evening which was ok value I think.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to meet your expectations, however somewhat disappointed that we did not exceed.
Please be assured your comments are welcomed and will be shared with the relevant departments. I am sorry that your experience was not had you expected and I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologise for this unfortunate situation and work towards reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering. I have emailed you directly via TripAdvisor, and would be most grateful if you could contact me to discuss your stay further either by telephone: 0161 490 5000 or alternatively michael.weston@radissonblu.com .
Lymm, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stopped over here (using Carlson points) as I had an early flight home the following morning.
Hotel has perfect location, in between the two terminals.. with a short walk along the futuristic walk way joining them to the hotel and the railway station.
if you are lucky enough to get a Business class room try the business lounge as it has superb view over the airport
Hotel is modern, clean and seems well maintained.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
If your dashing off to an early morning flight, they serve tea/coffee, fruit and some breakfast bars in the reception upto the time the restaurants open.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Take a room on the Airport side, especially if you have a room on the higher floors !
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo