“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed in the hotel twice in December, once before our trip to Copenhagen & Munich and once on the way back.
The hotel is great, and the public areas have been renovated since I last stayed there.
The rooms a great and nice and quiet and the main benefit of the hotel is that it is connected to the airport.
For our second stay in December we ere in a business class room which was brilliant, nice and quiet, plenty of toiletries and a separate area for your breakfast upstairs, although the breakfast is a bit limited compared to the normal buffet.
Its my first choice for Manchester airport hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you have chosen to return and we continue to exceed your expectations.
Hope you had a great time away and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester airport in the not too distant future.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,056)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed for one night on arriving in Manchester from Melbourne, and before a return flight to Helsinki.
The room was fine for one night. Great location for access to airport terminals and train station. It took about 20 minutes by train to central Manchester.
It had all the usual facilities, just a bit worn and in need of a refresh, which I understand is scheduled.
The decor was actually quite nice, and could have passed for 'retro' 70s, except you could tell it was obviously just old. Weird eye shaped mirror in my Scandinavian themed room, made me think of Big Brother
The pillows looked plump but disintegrated into nothing when you put your head on them, and the bed slid around on the floor so that I thought it was actually broken. You ended up with the two twin beds pushed together whether you liked it or not.
I couldn't plug my phone in by the bed, because there were no sockets there. I tried to unplug a lamp but the lamp sockets were these weird things that looked like European sockets, but with three pins.
I washed the tea mugs before used because the insides were brown stained - see my pics.
In terms of value, I have paid significantly less for much nicer rooms elsewhere.

Room Tip: Doesn't seem worth requesting a particular room, as you don't get it anyway. Pay extra for B...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thnk you for your review.
I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.
I am however pleased to advise you of our next phase of refurbishment which commences next week. This addresses all of the items you have listed which are important to you and I am pleased that this specification will be suitable.
I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return. If I may be of any assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate. (michael.weston@radissoblu.com)
Richmond, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I loved the convenience of staying here... being able to walk to the terminal under cover was a big plus for me. I stayed in a Business Class room, which was very nice, functional, quiet, good bathroom with plenty of toiletries. I like the atmosphere in the restaurant, it's a great place to people watch and the food is pretty good to. I enjoyed the ribs.

The carpark here is busy! Cars are left all over, blocking other cars in and making it very tight to manoeuvre about.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your most positive review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you have the opportunity to return.
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here for 1 night before flying out to NYC, everything was easy, great views of the airport (if thats your bag!), great service and food in the resteraunt bar area.

Pool facility was great, clean and relaxing.

We used the fly&drive at the hotel, which was easy and stress free. Direct link to the airport terminal. Very relaxing start to the holiday, very calm in the middle of a busy airport!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed for one night before flying off to the USA in December 2013. Although checkin procedure was swift and efficient and the rooms booked where very nice when we visited the restaurant later that evening after being told we couldnt book a table in advance, it took over an hour for them to seat us. Would suggest that either a prebooking system or a larger restaurant would be adviseable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank siscophil42
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay overall and do hope to welcome you back soon. Your comments regarding our Collage Restaurant are welcomed and I thank you for taking the time. I am sorry that it took so long to seat you and is a most unusual situation.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return.
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Wonderful stay with the family. Business class suite and adjoining room spotless, well equipped and spacious. Lounge also spotless, great views and well stocked. Special mention to Ali on the business class reception - very professional giving the personalised touch to our stay.

Stayed December 2013
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
It is always a pleasure to look after returning guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team, in particular Ali, so to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport in the not too distant future.
Wymondham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

The Radisson Blu Mancester Airport is excellent value if you book it six months or so in advance, at the same time as you book your flight. It's also highly convenient, being inside the airport and having enclosed walkways to the terminals on either side of the hotel building. On this basis or advance-booking value and convenience, I can't fault it.

Entering the hotel does rather seem like wandering into the back door of a building site, though. Major modernisation works are in progress and it's impossible to hide these; what seems as though it must be a fairly grand lobby has been sealed off, and during the daytime the grinding of concrete drills fills the air - not an environment in which one would want to spend one's days, but if you're staying here then you're probably spending just a night before or after flying, and the hotel are very good at regulating the hours of the builders' activities.

Room Tip: You might want to splurge for an executive room, or you might want just to hope to be offered a chea...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Matthew B
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am pleased to note an overall favourable impression of the hotel during your stay in May. As you have commented upon, we have completed major refurbishment works of our public areas and Business Class Bedrooms. I am sorry that you were affected during this time however can assure you that every effort was made at the time to minimise any disruption.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return to experience our new facilties, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.