“Very convenient, no atmosphere but does the job”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is in a great position for transit travellers being right on the walkway between terminals. Rooms still have not been fully updated and traces of the 1980's still linger - however it's comfortable and everything worked. The restaurant and bar area has been recently fully refurbished. It's all very grey and businesslike with very few "soft" furnishings, this made the bar area very noisy and we didn't linger. We enjoyed a perfectly reasonable meal in the restaurant overlooking the T2 apron. Staff were welcoming and efficient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport.
I am pleased your overall stay was an enjoyable one. Your comments regarding soft furnishings are welcomed and of course will be reviewed in line with our overall operation.
I do hope you will choose to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Friendly staff and great service. Nice bar area and room service was good. Our room was large and had a view of the runway (as we had requested). Everything was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, We have already booked this hotel again for later this year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review - delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Look forward to welcoming you back later in the year.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before flying to Orlando. Checking in was really easy and we were pleased to find out they had honoured our request for a airport view room. There is a £15 extra charge for a airport view but in our opinion it was definitely worth it.
Our room had a perfect view of terminal 2! The window was huge and perfectly sound proofed!
The beds were comfortable, the bath/shower was big and there was plenty of storage space! Some furniture was looking a bit shabby, but that was no big deal to us.
The best thing about this hotel is it's location! If flying from terminal 2 it's perfect, you literally walk out of the door next to the check out desks and you're in the walkway tunnel. The tunnel takes you straight to terminal 2 in less than 2 minutes! It made our holiday morning a breeze.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a wonderful holiday.
Look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed in the hotel twice in December, once before our trip to Copenhagen & Munich and once on the way back.
The hotel is great, and the public areas have been renovated since I last stayed there.
The rooms a great and nice and quiet and the main benefit of the hotel is that it is connected to the airport.
For our second stay in December we ere in a business class room which was brilliant, nice and quiet, plenty of toiletries and a separate area for your breakfast upstairs, although the breakfast is a bit limited compared to the normal buffet.
Its my first choice for Manchester airport hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you have chosen to return and we continue to exceed your expectations.
Hope you had a great time away and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester airport in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed for one night on arriving in Manchester from Melbourne, and before a return flight to Helsinki.
The room was fine for one night. Great location for access to airport terminals and train station. It took about 20 minutes by train to central Manchester.
It had all the usual facilities, just a bit worn and in need of a refresh, which I understand is scheduled.
The decor was actually quite nice, and could have passed for 'retro' 70s, except you could tell it was obviously just old. Weird eye shaped mirror in my Scandinavian themed room, made me think of Big Brother
The pillows looked plump but disintegrated into nothing when you put your head on them, and the bed slid around on the floor so that I thought it was actually broken. You ended up with the two twin beds pushed together whether you liked it or not.
I couldn't plug my phone in by the bed, because there were no sockets there. I tried to unplug a lamp but the lamp sockets were these weird things that looked like European sockets, but with three pins.
I washed the tea mugs before used because the insides were brown stained - see my pics.
In terms of value, I have paid significantly less for much nicer rooms elsewhere.

Room Tip: Doesn't seem worth requesting a particular room, as you don't get it anyway. Pay extra for B...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thnk you for your review.
I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.
I am however pleased to advise you of our next phase of refurbishment which commences next week. This addresses all of the items you have listed which are important to you and I am pleased that this specification will be suitable.
I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return. If I may be of any assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate. (michael.weston@radissoblu.com)

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I loved the convenience of staying here... being able to walk to the terminal under cover was a big plus for me. I stayed in a Business Class room, which was very nice, functional, quiet, good bathroom with plenty of toiletries. I like the atmosphere in the restaurant, it's a great place to people watch and the food is pretty good to. I enjoyed the ribs.

The carpark here is busy! Cars are left all over, blocking other cars in and making it very tight to manoeuvre about.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your most positive review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you have the opportunity to return.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here for 1 night before flying out to NYC, everything was easy, great views of the airport (if thats your bag!), great service and food in the resteraunt bar area.

Pool facility was great, clean and relaxing.

We used the fly&drive at the hotel, which was easy and stress free. Direct link to the airport terminal. Very relaxing start to the holiday, very calm in the middle of a busy airport!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport.