“Rooms getting tired”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed here on a number of occasions with my family, and it has been our first choice for a number of years when flying from Manchester. Unfortunately our most recent stay was not the best. We checked in as normal, but when we got to our adjoining rooms, one of them was open already. Upon opening the door it was clear it has not been cleaned at all. The bedding was all over and there were half empty coke bottles strewn about, obviously left by the previous occupants. We opened the other room and rang reception, they didn't quite seem to understand that the room hadn't been cleaned and just assumed we meant it hadn't been cleaned to our own personal standards. 15 mins later someone appeared and finally saw the state of it. We were allocated another room, cleaner but shabby. No wifi either, which when you have teens with iPads etc is a bit of a pain.
Restaurant had been refurbed and we had a nice meal. I just hope they now start to do the rest of the hotel.
This stay before our flight has always been the start of the holiday for me, so I am hoping the hotel goes back to its usual standards.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am most disappointed to read of your experience and offer you my most sincere apologies for the shortcomings you have experienced. Please be assured that this is by no means the standard of service we aim to provide and I am only sorry for the affect this has had on your overall favourable impression on the hotel.
If I could ask that you contact me directly (michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may obtain some further information in order to address and avoid any repeat in the future. I would equally appreciate the opportunity to make this right for you.
Once again, thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback that we may continually improve.
I do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here for one night before flying to Spain on holiday. Had emailed hotel prior to booking to enquire about price including parking. Was informed price but nobody mentioned that your car is removed from the site and taken to a secure site in Stockport some ten miles away. Had to telephone to make the booking and spoke to someone called Ashleigh who was rude, I asked where the car parking was and was informed quite abruptly "at the hotel" as if to say where do you think. I booked the room. On the day of arrival I was informed that my car would be removed and taken to a secure site, I informed I didn't want this to happen and wasn't informed throughout the whole booking process that this was the case. This was dealt with and my car would remain on site at my own risk, the hotel would not be liable for any damage etc. It would have been nice if the hotel had informed me of the car parking process in the first place.
The hotel itself was very clean as you would expect. Room was facing the runway, great if you like plane spotting. Very clean and comfy. Beds very comfy and amazing comfy pillows. Food in hotel and restaurant very over priced but this has to be expected. I refused to pay these prices and ordered a take away who delivered it to the hotel lobby where I collected it. Much cheaper and very nice. Hotel is ideally located for terminals 1 and 2 and perfect if you want to actually stay right at the airport. Would stay here again but I think they need to make it more clear that if your taking advantage of parking that your car will be removed unless you specify not to have it removed.

Room Tip: One facing the runway if you like to watch the planes.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fastdaz

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note your favourable comments regarding cleanliness and location. I am however very concerned to hear of your reservation experience, and can only apologise for the experience you recounted. Please be assured that this is by no means the standard of service we aim to provide and while I am confident that any offense caused was unintentional, it will of course be addresed with those involved.
Your feedback regarding content and information regarding car parking is welcomed and like all aspects of our Operation, are under continual review. I do thank you for drawing this to my attention as it is only through such feedback that we may continually improve.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you will choose to return as I very much look forward to wecloming you back, when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here overnight prior to our early morning flight departure. Cannot fault the place ! Very comfortable room with huge bed and view over the airport but quiet for sleeping. Offer of a smoking room (!) a surprise but very acceptable ! Good buffet breakfast. An excellent start to our holiday. Would definitely do this again. Arrived by train then a short under cover walk to the hotel Similarly, in the morning a short under cover walk to the airport departure area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich52
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for your most postiive review and recommendation.
I am delighted to read of your experience and thank you for taking the time.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I frequently travel out of Manchester airport and the Radisson Blu is ultra convenient as it is on the airport. I have stayed here a few times. Each time something has gone wrong and each time I have ignored it as the convenience has semi-made up for it. This time however I was reminded of how bad this hotel is and how it gets away with charging premium prices just because of location.
I arrived about 9pm expecting to go to bed for an early flight to the US after having some food.
1. I tried to phone the desk to order some food. The phone wasn't working. I went out of the room to the desk and they said the would send a technician.
2. The technician comes and literally has to pull the phone in the bathroom out of the socket so the other one in the room can work. He said we often have this problem.
3. .The air conditioning/ heating wasn't working in that when turned on it emitted a loud clanking noise but not any air. I remembered that this had always been the case every time I stayed. I phone the desk. They said They would send someone.They didn't.
4. I phoned back after 10pm. They said they had changed shifts and they have no record of anyone sending anyone to fix the air con (probably because it is unfixable. The whole system doesn't work).
5. I have to be up at 6am and it is now 10.30pm. They offer me another room.
6. I go to a 'business class' room, get into bed and try to go to sleep but cant because
a) the airconditioning doesnt work and
b) the bed, which is made up of two narrow single beds, has been pushed together to make a ridge down the middle and a gap at the top and bottom of the ridge.
7. I am completely exhausted by this time so make the best of a bad job.
8. As I leave the next morning I show the duty manager the picture I took of the bed - on my phone - and he says 'it hasn't been made up properly'.
9. I ask to see the manager proper and am told - he is here but he can't see you, he is in a meeting'.
The staff in this hotel are probably doing their best but the management of this hotel is awful. Basically the hotel does not see its mission as to maintain basic service standards because it doesn't care about repeat business. They could learn a few things from Premier Inn's revamping.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport.
I am most disappointed and sorry to ready of your experience. Please be assured that this is no means indicative of the standards of service we aim to provide. I apologise unreservedly for the shortcomings you have experienced. There is no aspect of your stay that is acceptable and please be assured, will be addressed as such.
If I could ask that you contact me directly (michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may offer you my apologies personally with the ultimate aim of making this right for you.
I once again thank you for your review and I do hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The hotel facilities are excellent, parking accommodation etc. but the restaurant food poor and there were no wine glasses available. The waitress couldn't say why, she apologised but no concessions made. Disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
MichaelWeston, Michael Weston at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities overall and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am very sorry to read of your dining experience which as described is far from the norm. If I could ask you to contact me directly (michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may obtain some further infromation in order to address and avoid any repeat in the future. This will of course provide me with a better opportunity to offer you my personal apology for a less than satisfactory experience.
I do hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel seems to be practically on the runway so must be THE ideal base for those jetting off. Given it's location, the spacious room was surprisingly quiet. The bed was large and the bathroom larger than most. All the essentials were present, plus iron, ironing board, mini-bar and safe. I was in one of the "Scandinavian "themed rooms, but there are Oriental and Maritime styles too ...curious about them now ! All in all a well appointed hotel. Myself and fellow guests dined at the restaurant. The prices were I think high for what was on offer. The restaurant has modern, clean lines and the staff are very attentive. I did find my pizza very dry though I'm afraid which was a little at odds with the excellent service and ambience. I actually thought the breakfast outshone the evening meal, with one of the widest choice of breakfast foods (hot and cold) I have seen in a long time and a good range of juices.

Room Tip: I believe rooms are being re-furbished. A fellow guest had broken air-con ...don't be shy to let...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank David C

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that overall your stay was an enjoyable one and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please be assured all feedback is fully review and acted upon and your comments will be most useful in assisting to further our product and service delivery.
I very much hope to see you return and look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Lets be honest, if you are staying here it is usually because you are in between flights so the key considerations are comfort and the chance for a sleep. The hotel excelled. The staff looked after our luggage for us, the room was extremely clean and comfortable and we were all able to get some rest, which was particularly welcome after an early start and a delayed flight.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah B

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delightd that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share you experience.
I very much look forward to wecloming you back in the not too distant future.