“restaurant”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
“restaurant”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in great location and no issues with hotel rooms. Restaurant food was absolutely awful. Prices were outrageous and the food quality was dreadful. It was by far the most expensive and worse meal we had in the UK! I would stay at hotel again but would eat in terminal.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bateteus
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am most disappointed to read of your experience and wholly apologise for the shortcomings you experienced. I do hope this was made right for your by providing your feedback whilst dining.
I would however be grateful if you could contact me directly (Michael.weston@Radissonblu.com) at your convenience so as to obtain full information to address with my team so as to avoid any repeat in the future.
I would also welcome the opportunity to reinstill your faith in our product and service offering upon your return, when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.
Once again, many thanks for your review as it is only through such feedback that we may continually improve. I very much look forward to hearing from you.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,096)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here in March 2014, the night before departing for our skiing holiday. Booked a room with parking for 8 days. The hotel is located at the centre of the airport and is connected to the terminals and train station via an overhead walkway. The hotel room was clean and comfortable, food was good if not a tad expensive. The staff where friendly and professional and picking the car keys up once back in the UK was hassle free.
Overall a very good experience and will use this hotel again.

2 Thank Barry-Rhian
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay and I do hope you had a fantastic skiing holiday.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was expecting the a Radisson Blu hotel to be quite upmarket; however, it was not as smart as I was expecting. The carpets were really shown their age in the corridors and in some places were threadbare. However, there were some very good things about the room: it was very quiet, even though it’s so close to the airport; it is extremely convenient, being linked to terminals 1 and 2 by overground tunnels; face cloths (flannels, wash cloths) were provided; and, most appreciated of all – free wifi!

I am giving the hotel 4 stars for the room; however, the meal I had in the restaurant was very poor indeed. I ate at about 9:30pm and it seemed as though the food had been prepared about 6 hours previously. The meat was so dried up it was curling up at the corners, and the sauce on the cauliflower gratin was twangy, like glue! For this sort of quality, the prices were exorbitant. So only consider eating in the restaurant in the early evening when the food might be fresh.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MarionBurkimsher
Thank you for your review.
I am grateful for your positive comments regarding location and amenities provided. I do however apologise that your expectations were not met in relation to condition. We are working hard to improve all facilities in the hotel with our ongoing refurbishment programme. While the condition continues to improve, our commitment to cleanliness is paramount and continued focus.
Equally disappointing is your recount of your dining experience. I can only apologise for the shortcomings you have described and can assure you it will be afforded my very best attention, so as to avoid any repeat in the future.
I do hope we were able to make this right for you at the time should you have chosen to share your dissatisfaction. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally should you choose to return.
I do hope you will provide me with the opportunity to reinstill your faith in our product and service offering, when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.
I very much look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have stayed here on many occasions, with mixed experiences. Having reviewed the hotel before and stating how I did not like the rooms with beds which are placed in a diagonal angle, I was advised which rooms to choose in future. Even doing this, I still ended up with a bed on a diagonal angle! I stated this in my booking prior to arrival, I would expect this to be accommodated, given the amount of rooms and arriving early. The problem with the diagonal bed is they have no headboard and make it awkward to sit up to watch tv etc. but it can be awkward sleeping too.

I am a club Carlson member and I do use points to book and upgrade when it suits, so I will probably choose this hotel in the future. The convenience is hard to beat. I might look into going back to Hilton or Crowne Plaza, however, in future.

1 Thank MysticManc
Thank you for your review.
I am most disappointed to read of your experience. I can only apologise that your request was not honoured on this occasion. If I could ask that you contact me directly so I may obtain your full details. (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) This way, I can update your Club Carlson profile with the preferences for room types you desire, so you may be accommodated to your comfort.
I am disappointed that you would choose to return soley for location and would welcome the opportunity to make this right for you.
I do hope to hear from you soon, and indeed to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport, when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.
Füssen
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect if you have a morning flight home. I had been to Liverpool and had a Sunday morning flight back to the States. I had planned to take the train to the Manchester Airport Sunday morning but the schedules were not good, so I booked Saturday night at Radisson Blu. I could not be happier. The hotel is clean, modern and unbelievably convenient. A glass-enclosed Skywalk with people movers connects the train terminal to the airport terminal and the hotel is situated in the middle (if you are going to Terminal 2). My commute to the airport terminal is about three minutes. As an added bonus, after checking in Saturday afternoon I walked five minutes back to the train terminal and bought a roundtrip ticket back into Manchester for 4 GBP. Enjoyed an afternoon of strolling through Manchester, had dinner, then got back to the hotel for a good night's sleep. An easy way to add Manchester to the itinerary.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank John A
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
UK
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We opted to upgrade to business class and had a wonderful evening in the lounge, we weren't very hungry so didn't try many of the hors d'œuvres but there was a good selection. We had a great nights sleep and breakfast was very tasty. Collecting the car on our return was simple and troublefree.

Would definatley use this option again.

1 Thank Ticky58Uk
Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our parking packages suited your needs. It is so pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Choose the Raddison blu based on its proximity to the airport and train station because we decided to spend some time in the city centre before flying out on holiday. Had an early morning flight down from Glasgow and arrived at the hotel at 8am. Made our way to the hotel to enquire if we could leave our bags and were extremely surprised when we were given our room there and then. Modern and comfortable. Extremely well equipped and competitively priced with the other airport hotels. Will definitely return to this one unlike the Hotel we stayed in on our return to the UK!

1 Thank dc10093
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate you upon arrival.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.