“First time stay - great first impression”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“First time stay - great first impression”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

First time stay at this hotel as I live fairly close to the airport but a very early flight made staying over the night before the sensible option.

Just a couple of minutes walk under cover from the train station, the reception area was quite busy on arrival but I was checked in after about 5 minutes wait. The receptionist was friendly and welcoming (and even followed me to the lift area when she realised she'd forgotten to tell me the hotel were supporting Earth Hour that evening).

I had one of the Scandinavian rooms, on the carpark side of the hotel but heard no noise from the carpark or road. Room was spacious and clean and no obvious signs of wear and tear as mentioned in some reviews, aside from an old easy chair that could do with some seat padding! There were proper sized mugs on the tea tray and plenty of hangers in the closet. I used my own hairdryer but the one in the room looked a decent one. Also available in the room was a iron/ironing board and trouser press.

Best of all was the very comfy bed with really nice feeling linen - it was a shame to have to be getting up so early!

The bathroom was also very clean, with some decent toiletries.

It was too early for breakfast when I checked out (4:45am) but a complimentary 'grab and go' was available in the lobby, with hot drinks, cereal bars and fruit. It took about ten minutes walk to T1 check in from the hotel.

Overall, a very good impression from a first stay and I would definitely consider staying here again, maybe arriving earlier next time to try out the pool and facilities.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dennis-n-minnie
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is so pleasing to hear of your satisfaction and the positive impression we have made.
I do hope you will choose to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,084)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Great service, great rooms and environment. House keeping is superb and friendly. Location is great for business meetings and conferences for international meetings.

The food needs improvement though. Only reason i am not giving it 5 stars.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hassan E
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am pleased that you found our facilities suitable and do hope you had a productive meeting.
Your feedback regarding food is welcomed and will be shared with our Executive Chef for his review and action.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

An amazing hotel I loved it so much. I wish the hotel at Sharm El Sheikh was like this. The sheets are annoying but of high quality.

The seating area is perfect and I had many conversations on the green sofa. Getting one for my room. They provided gowns and loads of towels including slippers.

Would definitely recommend to anyone that’s travelling abroad, easy to locate and the rooms are of a great standard. The view is really nice and you cant hear the planes.

Room Tip: Enjoy the Green Sofa if you have it :)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Shuaib M
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Ulsteinvik, More og Romsdal, Norway
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night before a flight, booked a business class room and on check in was upgraded to a suite. Business lounge, room, staff, food all excellent a great advertisement for the Radisson Blu brand. Plan to stay again soon

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Craig U
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
It is so pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you will return soon as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on my 30th birthday. My partner had arranged our overnight stay as he was surprising me with a trip away as my present and had sent an email to the hotel to advise it was my birthday. From the minute we arrived, we were treated exceptionally well. My partner had booked a business class room but the hotel very kindly upgraded us to a Junior Suite and it was absolutely amazing! The view was incredible, the lounge area was massive and very comfy. The bathroom had a bath and walk in rain shower. When I walked in, I saw a bottle of bubbly, chocs and fruit in the room and a birthday card. What a lovely touch! I was so impressed with all aspects of my stay. The business class lounge was great. Had so many yummy canapes, we were too full for dinner! Definitely recommend paying the extra to stay business class. A great start to the holiday. We had a great night's sleep and bed was cosy. I would like to extend my thanks to you for making my birthday so memorable. You really did go the extra mile and I am very grateful for this. We will be returning in Sept and every time thereafter! P. s The cherry on the cake was my present - a trip to NYC! :)

Room Tip: Business class all the way!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EmL0u84
What a wonderful review - thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to play a part in making your birthday special.
I do hope you had a wonderful time in NYC and enjoyed the remainder of your celebrations.
Look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here three times in as many months before long haul flights. On par with the Hilton at Gatwick although somewhat impersonal. I didn't like seeing soiled room service left over trays in the corridor nor glasses not cleared from earlier guests, check in and out good. Breakfast a touch to late for me. 5AM start would be more appropriate for the location.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ds23pall
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.
Please be assured your comments regarding corridor cleanliness will be communicated to our Head Housekeeper and Food and Beverage team for their review and action.
I am pleased to advise that since your stay in January, our breakfast now commences at 5am. I do hope you will have the opportunity to avail of this upon your next stay.
Should you choose to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.
I very much look forward to hearing from you soon.
st louis
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here because of the location to the airport , we had a very early flight home! The rooms were big and clean. We had a nice dinner in the hotel restaurant. It was so nice to just have to walk over to the airport on the walkway and outside for a short distance

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank thefagan7
Thank you for your review.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.