“1st time and won't be the last....but dont bother with the restaurant”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“1st time and won't be the last....but dont bother with the restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here as a pre flight stop-over, 1st time and used the "Easter package".
Check in was friendly, upgrade duly given as promised to 7th floor.
Room was enormous and immaculate, bed was equally huge. Everything looked almost brand new.
Large flat screen tv, plenty of channels, no noise at all from planes or adjoining rooms.

The only reason it's not rated 5 starts is the dining experience, firstly there was no-one around to seat you, menu is too pretentious and vastly over priced for what I suspect are almostly mainly pre airport stop-overs. Burger and fries and fish and chips plus two soft drinks just shy of £40.
Yet staff serve you in jeans ? the portions we're not overly generous either, couple next to us also sent there meal back as it was cold.

I think you could better and more cheaply in the airport.

Breaksfast was much better and more than enough choice.

Would will be staying here again but not using the dining area.

Room Tip: Higher the better and an aiport view is more interesting than a city scape
2 Thank wazza99
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note your overall satisfaction during your stay.
Most disappointing however, is to read of your dining experience and I wholly apologise that your expectations were not met on this occasion. Please be assured that this is not the standards we aim to provide and will be addressed accordingly with our Executive Chef for his review and action.
It is pleasing to note of your intention to return, and I would be grateful if you would contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) when you intend to book so I may look after your requirements personally, and work towards resintilling your faith in our food product and service offering.
Once again, thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback that we may continually improve. I very much look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,071)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Stonehaven, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed here a few times now, as so convenient for flying out of Manchester. Rooms are always clean, as are the bathrooms. The restaurant is good, and the newly refurbished bar is nice and pleasant also. Only downside is that walk from terminal 3, but at least they have the moving walkways.

Room Tip: I have always had a nice room so no real tips here.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan R
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you continue to enjoy your experience and thank you for taking the time.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Herefordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Feel a little mean only giving three but let down by massively over hyped and priced evening meal in restaurant - lukewarm pasta bol with about 3 tablspoons of grey meat? and 3 shavings of pecorino cheese for 12gbp? oh please.......
Breakfast is in a dfferent league however, the full-on help yoursel buffet covering all of the bases so make sure you eat before you fly in the morning.
package deal with 8 nights parking for room only at 135 pretty good value - again bolting on an evening meal I wouldn't recommend.
Small and compact leisure club which is a little tired but a swimming pool at an airport is a real treat the night before a flight. Sauna and steamroom working helped set me into my holiday mode as well..
Room completely anonymous but spotlessly clean, super comfy bed and pillows.
Toptip to avoid minibar charges or evening meal rip off is to get along to the 24hr spar on the arrivals floor of terminal 2 and stock up on beer wine and snacks then picnic in your room. Yes, i really am that cheap. But if I have an early flight from MCR again I will be staying at the radisson the night before - it is a no-brainer

Room Tip: Ask for one airside
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note your favourable comments regarding your experience, albeit most disappointed that our restaurant did not meet with your expectations. Your comments of course are shared with our Executive Chef for his review and action, and I can assure your of a marked improvement in the future.
I do hope you will choose to return and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
North East England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was upgraded to a Business room which was lovely. Could not fault anything about this 2 Night stay here but what I really wanted to tell everyone is that when the Hotel respond to your reviews they really mean what they say! After my first visit Michael Weston responded to me and gave me his e mail. When I needed to go to the UK again for a Funeral I was having trouble finding a room and flights at very short notice so I contacted Michael and he could not have been more caring and helpful.

Thank you very much Michael and the Radisson Blue - this will always be the Hotel of my choice in Manchester!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank OliverCyprus
Thank you for your kind review.
It was a pleasure to look after you on this occasion and I am only sorry that it was under such circumstance.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back again - please do not hesitate should you require any assistance.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in the Business Class. Everything from check in to check out was excellent. We visited the Business Lounge the evening of our arrival and met several other guests that provided a very fine evening of conversation. The amenities of the Lounge were Excellent. Breakfast in the Lounge was likewise excellent. A meal in a 5 star restaurant could not have been more enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank bob w
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Lausanne, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Nice room as expected but it's recommended to eat before you arrive ...in the resto a simple menu pretending to be sophisticated, not sure if there is a real chef in the kitchen ? ... And not...Ended up with a salmon salad which requires no cooking and disappointed with original order of raw lamb (returned) ...alas, hotel very handy for sky train. Would stay again but not eat!

Room Tip: Non smoking for us
2 Thank David8833
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note your favourable comments regarding your experience, albeit most disappointing to read of your dining experience for which I wholly apologise.
Please be assured this is neither the product offering nor impression we aim to provide and I am sorry that this is the case. Please be assured your review will be shared with our Executive Chef for his immediate review and action.
I do hope you will choose to return. If I may be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I may personally look after your requirements, with the aim to reinstill your faith in our Food offering. (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com)
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the night before an early flight. Fantastic hotel and the room was amazing. Will most definitely stay here again. We didn't get the runway view room that we requested however we walked to the airport hotel pub at the bottom of the runway which I would highly recommend for a brilliant viewing vantage. I cannot comment on the food/drinks at the hotel as We ate in Joes Kitchen in one of the terminals which was great value for money.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daveygrohl
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you will return soon. Please let me know when that is (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) and I will ensure you receive the airport view room that we regrettably were unable to provide you on this occasion.
Once again, many thanks for your review.