“Posh Premier Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Posh Premier Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to have a night here to save getting stuck in bank holiday Monday traffic. Check in was quick and painless. I had asked for a view of the airport and was surprised to find that is what I got. The room was fine and on a par with Premier inn. I cannot comment on the restaurant for evening meal because we went elsewhere after reading the reviews on here, however we did use the bar when we got back. The service was ok and the prices a little steep. Being a tight Yorkshireman I nearly fainted when I was charged over £6 for a vodka and coke. We had breakfast included in the price of the nights stay, the restaurant was nice with great views of the parked planes. The food was buffet style with loads of choice and everything was kept topped up. The only downside was the service was a little hit and miss, no one offered us coffee or tea and when I did catch someone's eye to bring us some only the coffee turned up. It took 3 requests to finally get my wife's tea just as we were leaving. I'm not sure if I would stay here again before another flight.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stv66
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that we were able to accommodate your requests in relation to Airport Views and that your arrival and departure process was as seamless as possible.
I am pleased to advise that we have now confirmed the final phase of our bedroom refurbishment with completion estimated in August. I do hope you will choose to return to stay when this is completed as I am sure your impression of our bedrooms and overall hotel will improve. If I may be of any assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.
Once again, thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback that we may continually improve. I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,057)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Absolutely loved staying here for the night before flying out to Orlando the next morning, we had our evening meal that didn't sound too bad on the menu but when it arrived at our table it was lovely, breakfast the next morning was lovely too as there was a wide choice of everything you could think of and also it was a buffet and all cooked food was hot

Room Tip: I would just like to say the room was beautiful and we never heard a sound all night
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol S
Thank you for your most positive review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a wonderful time in Florida.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

we stayed here prior to taking an early morning flight. We have stayed at other Radisson blu's before without any problem.
however, this one had several :

the ventilation was not working properly. Since windows don't open here, you are entirely reliant on ther ac system. this one was set on the lowest temperature we could find, but it was not until nearly 4 am that the room had become cool, by which it was time to get up and go.

the pillows were useless; oversized handkershifs might be a more accurate description

the room furniture and carpets were tired and in need of replacement

On the plus side, the room was clean; the bathroom was well equipped and the restaurant was good.
the price of the room when booked ought perhaps to have rung alarm bells.
I do not know whether the hotel is being managed down market, or simply in need of a good makeover; either way, it was not what the radisson blu brand image purports to be

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.
It is with disappointment that I read we did not meet your expectations and I offer you my most sincere apologies that this was the case.
As I'm sure you will note from other reviews and responses, we are currently in the process of refurbishing the entire to hotel to further both the product and service offering provided to our guests, with a scheduled completion date of August 2014.
Ultimately I am sorry that your expectations were not met and if I may be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may work towards reinstilling your faith in our offering.
I do hope to hear from you soon.
Middlesbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Having never stayed at the Radisson Blu Manchester Airport before it was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made this must be the easiest departure we’ve had from any UK Airport bar none. We were flying on Monday at 9.00am to Funchal Madeira with Thomson’s so decided to go the day before to save the long haul early in the morning from the North East, after parking our car in the airport we arrived at reception at about 2.30pm and were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist who checked us in sorted out our room and informed us of all the essential information about the Hotel amenities and restaurant.
Our room was o the 7th floor 701 and did not disappoint all just refurbished and looking very clean and modern the bed was large, comfy with great pillows big TV mounted on the wall good furniture and excellent bathroom. The large windows gave us a view looking out to the City of Manchester in the distance.
We then took our flight cases to Terminal two to check them in for our flight next day this was just a ten minute walk from the Hotel reception brilliant also being Sunday afternoon no queues, done and dusted we headed back to the Hotel and were back in the room in 30 minutes total so down to the Pool for a swim, steam, sauna then chill before getting ready for a meal in the Restaurant.
The restaurant bar area was open, bright, modern and spacious we had had a lovely meal there my wife had the Chicken Fajitas and I had a superb Burger with trimmings washed down with couple of drinks, we then adjourned to the Bar were we relaxed before going up to the room the meal was very good and at a fair price bar prices as to be expected for a four star Hotel and Airport location but fair.
Our room was quiet comfortable and at a nice temperature during the night, we both slept very well and awoke in the morning refreshed and ready to catch our flight, we had breakfast in the Hotel which was again very tasty with a wide variety of choice and plentiful not hanging around waiting for certain items as sometimes happens in large busy establishments the staff worked hard and were very courteous but polite at all times.
We checked out and were in departures in no time ready to board the plane having no luggage to check in this is the way to travel and next time we fly from Manchester we will be doing the same again hopefully. The Radisson Blu was a lovely Hotel with charming helpful staff but best off all its location is second to none a great choice for early morning and late arrival passengers and the best surprise off all was the lovely large Easter egg we were presented with on arrival superb well done.

Room Tip: Try to get a newly refurbished room but I dont think it is essential just my choice.
5 Thank pbv
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
It is so pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time. Please be assured your review will be shared with our entire team so as to pass your thanks and acknowledge the continued positive impact they have on our guests' journey.
I do hope you had a wonderful holiday and have the opportunity to return prior to your next as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
north yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Usually stay at either Premier Inn or Bewley's when flying from Manchester but always wanted to try a stay at the Radisson Blu, so decided to give it a go before flying off to Paphos.

Check in was efficient and receptionist polite. Went straight away to restaurant but was told there was a 10 minute wait so decided to get a drink in the bar while we waited. The queue was 3 deep with only one member of staff serving so after 10 minutes with no progress, went straight into the restaurant.

They appeared to be short staffed and the wait for order to be taken and food delivered was longer than we would have hoped. The food was a real let down - it is basically overpriced, average quality pub grub. I ordered scampi, chips and salad and the only thing not cooked from frozen was the salad. The rest was pretty ropey quality, averagely cooked. We did not hang around to order the overpriced deserts.

Room was clean, bed comfortable but the pillows were some of the worst I have ever slept on. If you like marshmallow soft pillows - with no alternative - then this is the place for you. As there was not even a cushion in the room to try and remedy things, I woke up feeling rubbish the next day.

Breakfast offered a wide variety and choice, quality was fine so no complaints there.

So, tried it but will stick to what I know best next time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jollyjools
Thank you for your review.
I am most disappointed to read of your experience and offer you my most sincere apologies that your expectations were not met on this occasion.
Please be assured that this is by no means the standard of service we aim to provide and I am sorry you were affected by such. Your comments are shared with both our Executive Chef and Restaurant & Bar Manager for their review and action, and I can assure you that remedial actions will be completed.
I fully understand how your overall impression has been marred by such events. I would hope you may choose to consider staying again, and if I may assist with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you will return when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.
middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I frequently stay for shopping trips to Manchester as well as pre and post flight stays. I have always found my stays very good. The rooms are clean and fresh. The care from the staff is always excellent. I found the business class reception and lounge are excellent and all the staff I came in contact withe were all loverly. All in all a wonderful stay as usual.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Denise M
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation.
It is so pleasing to hear of a regular guests' continued satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Hyde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed again the night of Good Friday for an early flight. As said before, the location is everything. We had a room on the 5th floor this time.
Everything in the room and the bathroom is lovely and fresh and clean. A wonderful start to a holiday.
We have booked again for Friday 13th June and will be booking again for Sept and Dec when we have finalised our dates. Definite reccomendation I think !!!
Well done to all the staff this time.
Even the restaurant was satisfactory.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulJam6
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your return visit and thank you for continuing to choose to stay with us.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in June and if I may be of assistance with your reservations for later in the year, please do not hesitate. (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).