“Excellent place to overnight!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Blyth, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to overnight!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before catching an early morning flight from Manchester Airport.

Easy to find within the Manchester Airport site and well sign posted. Very strange layout for arriving by car, as the check in desks are on the 3rd floor, but getting there was easy from the car park. Check in was friendly and efficient. No problems at all!

Our room was on the 5th floor, on the front of the hotel, looking over the walkway to the airport, so not much of a view, but then again we didn't stay here for that!

Our room was large, clean and clearly we'll looked after, especially when you consider the price, location and convenience of this hotel. Our room was across the hallway. From the lifts, but we didn't hear any noise from this at all throughout our stay. This also meant that we were close to the ice machine, which was very handy to keep our pop cool!

We visited the swimming pool in the basement, which was small, but sufficient for a quick swim before getting ready for bed.

The bed itself was large and very comfortable, which allowed for a fantastic nights sleep before our flight.

In the morning, the shower was hot and powerful, setting us up for the day ahead without any problems.

Used the "stay, park and fly" package, which worked out about the same price as self parking and adding a room. Handed my car keys to the reception desk in the morning and filled in a quick form that they copied. When we returned to the hotel after our holiday, it took only a minute for the staff to retrieve the car keys and tell me exactly where the car was parked. No problems there and car seemed to be well looked after while under their care.

At most it took 5 minutes to walk to the Virgin Atlantic check in at terminal 2 through the covered walkways directly from the hotel's reception desk... No waiting for overly crowded shuttle buses when staying here!

Next time I'm flying from Manchester, I will be staying here!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel P
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation - I do hope you had a great vacation.
I am delighted that you had a hassle free stay and enjoyed our both the product and services offered. It is so pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to wecloming you back.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,124)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Hessle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Everything was 100 %. Wonderful hotel, long stay parking all spot on. Will stay again ts worth spending that bit extra to stay either on your preflight or return. The breakfasts were rather expensive, but hey ho, it was worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
So pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you back again soon.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is very convenient for the airport but the prices in the restaurant and bar are a fine example of "rip off Britain". A pint of Stella lager and a 250mm glass of house rose" wine should not cost £11 45p, even in a hotel. The rooms are comfortable and provide a good nights sleep. Service is good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Knights1-13
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall given your comments regarding comfort, location and service.
I am sorry however you felt the bar prices excessive. Please be assured we do carry out continual comparisons to our neighbouring hotels so as to ensure we remain in line.
I do hope you will return to stay with us as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

It's a decent high end hotel. It is comparable to the Hilton at the airport, and given that it was only a tenner more expensive than it's main competitor, I decided to give it a try. I arrived by train in the evening. Even though it was raining heavily, my walk from platform to hotel reception was entirely under cover and took less than five minutes. Check in was smooth, I was facing away from the airport, but airport view rooms are available if you want. My flight was at 1430 the next day so I lazed in the morning, snoozed late and made full use of the noon check out time. I was checked out of the hotel and checked in for my flight within ten minutes, terminal 2 just a short hop along the enclosed elevated walkway. I don't fly from Manchester often, but I'll happily stay here again next time I do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rolaaand
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased you had an enjoyable experience during your first time to stay with us.
I hope it won't be your last as I very much look forward to welcoing you back.
derbyshire
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is very convenient for early morning flights out of Manchester. The terminals are easy to walk to for check in. The room was clean and adequate for our overnight stay. We had a drink and ate in the restaurant maybe a bit pricey but certainly plenty on the plate and it was lovely. Check in/out was very easy. We have used this hotel before and would certainly use it again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank pam w
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
It is so pleasing to hear of a highly valued returning guests' continued satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.
UK
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

You can't beat the location of this hotel for an early morning flight as it is walking distance to the Manchester Airport terminals. However, you really do pay above the odds for location here.

We stayed for one night on a friday ahead of a very early Saturday start. We asked for a quiet room due to our early departure and were given one on the 5th floor. Can't say we were blown away by the friendliness of the staff.

Walking to our room we noticed threadbare carpets (totally worn out next to the service door), marks on walls etc. On arriving in the room there was a welcome card for a guest who had obviously stayed there the night before. The room overall was average, and having requested a quiet room, we could still hear a fair bit of traffic in the corridor.

As there are little facilities in the airport at night, we looked at the room service menu - £5 for room service delivery, and about £12 for a burger... They have a captive market and clearly know it.

So why are we bothered with it being just average (with hiked up food prices)? As a comparison, we stayed at a Travellodge at Gatwick just 4 weeks before and paid £30 for the night. Aside from fancier pillows and toiletries, we got exactly the same from the Raddison but paid £90 more for the privilege.

Average-ness for the princely sum of £120 for one night.... Don't think we'll bother next time, despite the great location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pontypool1
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am disappointed to read of your experience and overall impression. As you will note from previous reviews and responses, we are completing a full refurbishment programme . While some areas of the hotel are indeed tired, what we lack in condition is made up for by cleanliness.
Respectfully, I do not believe you can compare us with Travelodge particularly in terms of pricing as we operate in two very different markets, and clearly expectations.
Once again, thank you for your review. It is never pleasing to hear that we have fallen short of an expectation. If I may assist with any future reservations, please do not hestiate (michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

For the past couple of years my partner and I have always stayed at the Radisson before going on holiday. Rooms, views, staff and food are faultless and we can't imagine flying anywhere without staying here the night before. Its surprisingly quiet too, especially being next to a runway! It really is the perfect way to start a holiday! Already booked for my partners 30th birthday trip away in August - can't wait!!

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend upgrading to a runway view room - the views are brilliant