“Excellent for the airport”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
derbyshire
“Excellent for the airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is very convenient for early morning flights out of Manchester. The terminals are easy to walk to for check in. The room was clean and adequate for our overnight stay. We had a drink and ate in the restaurant maybe a bit pricey but certainly plenty on the plate and it was lovely. Check in/out was very easy. We have used this hotel before and would certainly use it again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank pam w
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
It is so pleasing to hear of a highly valued returning guests' continued satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

You can't beat the location of this hotel for an early morning flight as it is walking distance to the Manchester Airport terminals. However, you really do pay above the odds for location here.

We stayed for one night on a friday ahead of a very early Saturday start. We asked for a quiet room due to our early departure and were given one on the 5th floor. Can't say we were blown away by the friendliness of the staff.

Walking to our room we noticed threadbare carpets (totally worn out next to the service door), marks on walls etc. On arriving in the room there was a welcome card for a guest who had obviously stayed there the night before. The room overall was average, and having requested a quiet room, we could still hear a fair bit of traffic in the corridor.

As there are little facilities in the airport at night, we looked at the room service menu - £5 for room service delivery, and about £12 for a burger... They have a captive market and clearly know it.

So why are we bothered with it being just average (with hiked up food prices)? As a comparison, we stayed at a Travellodge at Gatwick just 4 weeks before and paid £30 for the night. Aside from fancier pillows and toiletries, we got exactly the same from the Raddison but paid £90 more for the privilege.

Average-ness for the princely sum of £120 for one night.... Don't think we'll bother next time, despite the great location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pontypool1
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am disappointed to read of your experience and overall impression. As you will note from previous reviews and responses, we are completing a full refurbishment programme . While some areas of the hotel are indeed tired, what we lack in condition is made up for by cleanliness.
Respectfully, I do not believe you can compare us with Travelodge particularly in terms of pricing as we operate in two very different markets, and clearly expectations.
Once again, thank you for your review. It is never pleasing to hear that we have fallen short of an expectation. If I may assist with any future reservations, please do not hestiate (michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

For the past couple of years my partner and I have always stayed at the Radisson before going on holiday. Rooms, views, staff and food are faultless and we can't imagine flying anywhere without staying here the night before. Its surprisingly quiet too, especially being next to a runway! It really is the perfect way to start a holiday! Already booked for my partners 30th birthday trip away in August - can't wait!!

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend upgrading to a runway view room - the views are brilliant
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leonie S
Thank you for your wonderful review.
I am delighted to hear of your satisfaction and thank you for taking the time.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in August - if you could let me know your reservation details so we can look after you during the Birthday Celebrations. (michael.weston@radissonblu.com)
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The food was lovely here, although somewhat pricey, but thats no surprise for an airport hotel. However, I would recommend they get rid of all the current female staff in the restaurant, as they clearly prefer to stand around avoiding any type of work. At least the ones who worked on Sunday evening. So disappointing for the Radisson brand. They would be better off with half the staff that actually wanted to work, then all the ones they had on, that clearly were not interested in being there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ksandrews
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to read of your experience. Pleasing to hear your liked the food but most disappointing that our team members did not look after you. Please be assured this is by no means the standard of service we aim to provide and will be addressed as such.
I fully understand how such an experience may mar your overall impression. Should you choose to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here one night and was fortunate to be the first ones in our room on the 6th floor since refurbishment. The room was clean and fabulous, staff excellent and breakfast very good. Would stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MFF1
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and our newly refurbished bedrooms meet with your approval.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed the night before we flew off on holiday. The reception team were first class and super helpful. Later we used the one stop help line to get room service and arrange via the concierge service some help to move my Wife through the Airport. Our meal was really good and we didn't have to wait very long, a real bonus was it was hot when it arrived. The staff at breakfast were attentive and very helpful as well so 100% to all. The room overlooked the main road access but was clean and tidy, though maybe a little dated compared with some. My experience of the Raddison chain hasn't always been this good so I was really delighted with our stay. Will seriously consider using them again in the future.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RAW1000
What a wonderful review - thank you for sharing your experience.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is so pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction. Please be assured I have communicated your review to our entire team not only to pass on your thanks, but to further acknowledge the continued positive impact they have on our guests' experience.
I do hope you will have the opporutnity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Wales, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a base to leave the car when flying from Manchester but it is also a great place. It is a luxury way to start a holiday, overlooking the airport with covered access to the terminals. The rooms are clean and of a good size and the underfloor heating in the bathroom is brilliant! Breakfast is really good and the main dining room overlooks the airport. The executive rooms on the higher floor are worth the extra cost. There is a dedicated reception area and a lounge where complimentary food and drinks are available. We keep returning to this hotel and will continue to do so.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MargaretMFB
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delightd that you enjoyed your stay - the underfloor heating is just what you need first thing in the morning.
I do hope you will choose to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back!