“stayed overnight 4th May 2014” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“stayed overnight 4th May 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked this hotel for 1 night before our flight to Cuba. It is in an excellent position for the airport. We got off the train at the station went up 1 flight of stairs and a short covered walkway within the airport terminal we were at the hotel. Check in was very quick by a happy friendly guy. The room we were in was very comfortable, with a very large bed but i wish we had asked to be on a higher floor so that we could of seen the airport as we had a view of a roof. However we would definately stay here again as the location is excellent for an early morning flight but we found the prices in the bar quite expensive but we guessed that was because of being located with the airport terminal

Room Tip: ask for a room above the 5th floor if possible
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie L
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
What a wonderful review - thank you for taking the time.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you had a great time in Cuba.
Please let me know the next time you are staying (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may ensure you get a better view of the airport.
Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,057)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel in the past prior to refurb and the service was good but nothing to write home about, WOW what a turnaround!! we stayed in a business class room which was well laid out and had all of the amenties you need, we had access to the lounge which had free drinks unitl 9pm, we had our own personal concierge (I think his name was Ali) whou couldnt do enough for us, We ate in the resturant which was lovely and stayed for breakfast in the morning, I honestly couldnt fault a thing, WELL DONE Radisson you got my holiday of to an amazing start, we definately will be back to stay again

Room Tip: request a runway view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dumberino
Thank you for your wonderful review.
It is so pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time. Please be assured your review will be communicated with our entire team, in particular Ali, so as to recognise the continued positive impact he has on our guests' journey.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back when you return.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My friend and I stayed last night at Radisson Blu Manchester airport. A very nice gentleman on the concierge desk called Dean Almond took our cases and told us to check in at reception and he will bring our cases to the room. I recognised him, and asked him, did he give me a box of Frys Chocolate Creams about 6 years ago? To which he replied, yes, then he recognised me. The story goes, every year I used to stay at the RB hotel because I would fly out the next day to Florida to visit my elderly father. He has alway enjoyed British chocolate especially Frys Chocolate Cream. Anyway, Dean met my daughter in the lift and he asked ooooh do you like those, to which she replied they are for my grandad, he loves them! Dean said he had a box of unwanted FCC at home and would bring a box of them the following morning. To which he very kindly did. So yesterday he asked asked if I was still taking them, but I said no because my father passed away in 2012. He showed us to our lovely room. I must say he is a credit to Radisson and this kind of service is unusual and should be given great credit. Thanks again Dean.

Room Tip: Sixth floor rooms are new and well decorated
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 714Chica
Thank you for your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and what a simply lovely story to share also. Please be assured your review will be communicated with our entire team, in particular Dean to recognise the continued positive impact he has on our guests' journey.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed here on several occasions prior to flying out to our holiday destination service always efficient, with friendly staff always polite. The hotel has been refurbished since our last stay, the reception, bar and restaurant areas, food in restaurant was lovely and although busy the service was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jacqueline S
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
It is so pleasing to hear of a valued returning guests' satisfaction and I thank you for choosing to return.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Have now stayed in this conveniently located hotel on a number of occasions. On this visit the staff were their normal polite and efficient self. The refurbishment has certainly made a difference and the public spaces are far more open and welcoming. The Bar is pleasant and well priced and although I did not dine this time . past experiences have been very good. The bedrooms are spotless as are the bathrooms. For convenience and a pleasant stay this is the best hotel on the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chris49215
What a wonderful review - thank you for taking the time.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I've stayed here many times over the past few years, recently most (if not all) of the hotel has been refurbished and is much better for it, it's a good modern hotel with all the facilities you'd expect. However the beds are still poor quality and resembled a sprung board with worn (though perfectly clean) bed linen, that said I slept fine and the scheduled alarm call came perfectly on time.

Being 5 minutes walk from any terminal is the reason anyone stays at this hotel but the rooms have improved significantly and hopefully will continue to improve (it doesn't meet the standards of luxury of other Radission hotels I've stayed at around the world). Obviously in a hotel in this location food and drinks are expensive, that's only to be expected.

All in all if you need an airport hotel in Manchester this is the one to go for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Oliver S
Thank you for your review.
It is always pleasing to hear of a valued returning guests' favourable impression.
We are continuing with our refurbishment programme and I do hope you will continue to note positive improvements. We have just received 300tc bed linen this week for the entire hotel which will hopefully assist you with a further good nights sleep. I apologise that the linen was not to your expectation on this occasion.
Once again, many thanks for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night before a holiday to the US. The hotel is perfect for a stress free stay as the walkways to both terminals are joined to the hotel. The service was good, expensive drinks in the bar and over priced food in the restaurant but the quality was ok and probably usual for a hotel. The room was average, some of the furniture was a bit old and the bed was at an angle, which was strange and meant you couldn't prop yourself up with a pillow to watch TV. Also the corridor outside our room smelt really strongly of cigarette smoke, though it is non-smoking. We used the parking package which seems excellent value. Would stay here again before a long flight.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall positive impression and thank you for taking the time.
We are continuing with our refurbishment programme and I do hope you will have the opportunity to return to enjoy our updated bedrooms in the not too distant future.