“Fab location”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #14 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Easy to find as can be accessed via the skybridge within the airport .. Check in and check out was quick and efficient. Rooms spotlessly clean and mega comfy. Hotel needs to sort out the miserable looking and painfully slow bar staff .. Prices were SHOCKING.. Best avoided !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paul K
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall favourable impression. Disappointing however to note your experience in our bar which of course will be addressed accordingly.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Really well located within Manchester Airport. Arrived after a trans-Atlantic flight from Canada via Heathrow and was able to walk to the hotel under cover from the terminal. Front desk staff were exceptional - very helpful ,informative and friendly. Room was pretty standard for this type of hotel, good size and comfortable but in need of renovation. The carpet was stained as was the ceiling. Bed and bathroom were clean. Very quiet considering that the hotel is in the middle of an airport. Didn't have enough time to check out the pool. Breakfast buffet was extensive and tasty with fresh squeezed fruit juice and fresh fruit. Not so good service or quality in the evening. We got back to the hotel around 8pm one evening and the restaurant staff seemed more interested in closing up than serving us. Eat somewhere off the airport site in the evening, probably in the centre of Manchester.

The train station was also a short walk under cover (very important as it always seemed to rain in Manchester). To get around Manchester it was necessary to catch the train into the centre of Manchester and then the metro out to where we wanted to go. This was time consuming and tedious. The metro system is being expanded to the airport that should make getting around the city a lot easier and quicker.

Directional signs from the terminals are not great but the airport info staff were very helpful in telling us where to go.

We were on a Thomas Cook soccer game package that included tickets for a Manchester United game so don't know exactly what we paid for the room.

All in all the hotel was very convenient and I'd stay again if we were doing the same sort of trip.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank al500

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable experience and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and constructive feedback, which will of course be actioned accordingly.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is in an ideal position for the airport. Used the parking facilities for the duration of our holiday and this service was excellent. We stayed on an unusual day for Manchester (20/5/14), the weather was hot. The hotel had not turned on the air conditioning and the room was uncomfortably hot. The underfloor heating was on in the bathroom and I could not find anywhere to turn this off. This all led to a sleepless night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
2  Thank dawnandgeoff

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note your overall positive comments regarding facilities and service and thank you for taking the time. I am however sorry that you were affected by our Air Conditioning failure - this was not as a result of us turning it off, our chiller failed for a short length of time and unfortunately affected a large majority of the hotel and I am sorry that this included yourself.
Please be assured we aim for no repeat in the future. I do hope you will choose to return when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. It was great! Check was excellent, my room, bathroom and bed were perfect and I loved the airport view. The gym is ideal.

My only complaint (and the reason for the 'very good', not 'excellent' is the grim bar! It's horrid. Cold, uncomfortable and unwelcoming with no service, terrible tunes and overall a depressing atmosphere. It could, so easily, be better.

Dinner and breakfast were great. Food delicious and service good. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel but suggest you avoid the bar!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank francophileonthemove

Thank you for you review.
I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay and thank you for taking the time.
Disappointing however is that littlem fell short of your expectations, and I apologise that this was the case. I will of course action accordingly with our Restaurant & Bar Manager as this is by no means the standard of service we aim to provide.
Once again thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback that we may continually improve. I do hope you will choose to return, when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Lovely welcome an early check in was requested and a room was made ready at 10am.
The pool was a real treat and we enjoyed lunch at the hotel and an early swim the next morning.
Breakfast was excellent and lots of it!!!. Have stayed before and always enjoyed my visits. Thank you for looking after us.

Room Tip: All rooms good, but a runway view is really a treat.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank alan f

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

had a great stay here in May, because we have used this hotel many times before prior to going on holiday we were up graded to buisness class also we had ordered a bottle of Prosecco this was also up graded to champane,which I thought was a wonderful gesture, Thankyou

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank deniseScarborough

Wonderful Review!
Thank you for taking the time - Delighted that you enjoyed your stay!
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Only been for a Spa day with my friend we had use of all the facilities pool sauna etc. then we had lunch which was good. The staff were very nice helpful & friendly. No one even looked at us when we sat having lunch in our bath robes!!!

Room Tip: did not have a room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cosie1

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your Spa day and our team were able to exceed your expectations.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to use our facilities again in the not too distant future.