“The best start to your holiday”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“The best start to your holiday”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Radison Blu at Manchester Airport is an excellent hotel for overnight pre flight. With direct access to the travelator between terminals 1 & 2, Well appointed rooms with excellent en suite facilities and very comfortable beds. We have not stayed at the hotel before but would stay again, The checkin was very smooth by a very pleasent young lady, We had an evening meal which was very nice, and a drink or two, as you do, but not to many as our checkin for flight to Verona was at 04.20am. We traveled on Wednesday 28th May 2014.

Room Tip: If your traveling from Manchester Airport, To save all the hastle before your flight, stay the night...
1 Thank Warren S
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great holiday.
I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,083)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

First of all it was the longest check in I have ever experienced, and I was not the only person expressing this as there was other guests saying the same. Second of all I booked a superior room as I was told on the phone if I booked standard room I could not be gaurenteed a double bed then to find out infact the superior room was 2 singles pushed together. Two of the plugs did not work in the room and we also got locked out of the room for 10 minutes as the key did not work. Very Disappointing and over priced for the service I received. I will not be returning to raddison blu.

Room 608

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am disappointed to read of your experience and apologise for the shortcomings you have experienced. This is by no means the standards of service we aim to provide and I am sorry that we have fallen short of your expectations.
I fully understand how your overall impression has been marred by this experience and would be grateful if you could contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may work towards reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our 6th visit and as good as before. Perfect location , friendly staff , comfortable and clean rooms. Only minutes away from the terminal. The heated floor in the bathroom is a real treat! Will definitely use again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for you review.
I am delighted that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Chester
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Highly Recommended to get to the airport the night previous without worry and get a good nights sleep before your flight is priceless
rooms always clean and tidy
you can of course have dinner and breakfast, but i found that a bit expensive for what it was

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you continue to enjoy your experiences with us and do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I informed the hotel, well in advance that our plane didn't get in until the wee hours. We were delayed 45 minutes and ended up checking in around 3.30am...Only to find out that they had given my room to somebody else and leaving my friend and I in an impossible situation (where else would we go at this time?). We begrudgingly agreed to share a bed and even had to wait a further half an hour for someone to bring us an extra duvet.

But don't worry. Upon check out I was given a 15% discount!!! What an insult. I payed £115 for the room after the discount. The standard room charge is c.£100, so I actually paid more. I would love an explanation.

Room Tip: Don't bother booking as this doesn't seem to have any effect on whether you actually get a r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank lunchcritic1
Thank you for your review.
I am most disappointed to read of your experience and apologise unreservedly for the situation you encountered. This is by no means acceptable and I would be grateful if you could contact me directly so I may make this right for you (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).
I do hope to hear from you soon.
England
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I decided to stay at the Radisson Airport Hotel again after a disappointing stay over a year ago.

What a diifference! The service offered in this Airport Hotel had improved so much. I had Lunch in the Restaurant and served by Justina, who was such a natural in her Job role. Also, I visited the Bar for most of the night and was served by Francisco, a Bartender who excelled at is job and was so focused on his customers. Both were a credit to the Radisson Brand and I hope they are recognised in doing their jobs over and above their basic role!

Room Tip: Try the Resturant and Bar Service by Justina and Francisco!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank andytheadventurer
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you have chosen to return and our recent refurbishment project meets with your approval.
Please be assured that I have communicated your review with our entire team, in particular Fransicso and Justyna, so as to convey your thanks and further acknowledge the continued positive impact they have on our guests' experience.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return when as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Yorkshire
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Change of management or change of policy, or both?
Since I last stayed it has had a makeover, and looks better and fresher.
But there are glitches. The food quality in the restaurant is poor, prepared by an unimaginative chef, and over-priced. The restaurant is under-managed, and staff under-trained.
Room service breakfast (this is an airport remember) used to be available at any time on request - this time, it didn't turn up, as it is now only delivered from 6am (contrary to what the 'one-touch' operator told us).
The front desk clerk failed to ask if everything had been fine with our stay.
The business-class room upgrade really provided nothing other than a dedicated check-in, and a business lounge with complimentary drinks and canapés - otherwise, no apparent value.
These points apart, still a decent place to stay, with good sleep quality and spectacular views, if these are important to you.
But the management needs to take a step back and reflect on what is actually important to guests prepared to pay these rates.

1 Thank TheRoliingMcStones
Thank you for your review.
It is with disappointment that I read your 3rd review whereby we seemingly have fallen short of your requirements. .
Respectfully, rather than reflect upon it, I feel it more pertinent to fully understand what it is you personally hold important so we can work towards fulfilling these expectation in the future.
Your feedback would be most welcome (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).