“Could do better”

Ranked #13 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Edmonton
“Could do better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hot water in the shower was almost non existent. The taps did not work properly. The bathroom tissues ran out. A deduction was made from our bill and we were upgraded to the Executive floor on our return. However, we were initially refused entry to the Executive lounge.
We were not impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank trav23
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am most disappointed that your experience was as described, and similarly upon receiving a discount and complimentary upgrade to make up for this, that your expectations were still not met. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly (michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may offer you my personal apology with the ultimate aim of reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,074)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was our first time at the Radisson Blu and we thought we would treat ourselves to a luxury hotel night before our holiday. I had paid for the room through my credit card points so thought everything would go smoothly during the check in. How wrong could I be, firstly I was told that we needed to pay approx £97 and my credit card was taken. It was really difficult to understand the check in staff but once I realised what was happening I asked for the transaction to be cancelled. I produced my booking confirmation and then the gentleman disappeared in the back for 10 minutes. He returned saying that the matter would be sorted. This did not give me much confidence and to be honest really spoilt our night at the hotel. The next morning at check out I was again asked for the £97. I explained again and produced my confirmation, I was told it would be sorted. As you can imagine we did not walk away feeling convinced. We were not contacted by any member of staff to apologise! We did not receive the service we expected.

3 Thank lainey394
Thank you for your review.
I am most disappointed to read of your experience, which I apologise unreservedly for. This is by no means the standard of service we aim to provide and I am only sorry that this was the case.
If I could ask you to contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) as I cannot ascertain any further detail from your profile, so I may offer you my personal apologies and work towards making this right for you.
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Room was fine, Wine/Beer extremely expensive and the restaurant food was absolutely the biggest rip off I have ever encountering in all my food consuming days. Waited an Hour and came Over cooked, and cold not sure how anyone can manager to take an hour to cook something and burn it but yet it turns up Cold? The waitress was very rude and just was not interested at all and head down and skulked off rather than improving an already disastrous experience.
If you can avoid this restaurant - I sincerely recommend you do so.

Room Tip: No complaints with room at all.
3 Thank wayne f
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note your favourable comments regarding our bedrooms. However, it is with great disappointment I read of your dining experience. I would be grateful if you could provide me with some further detail (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may address accordingly with my team and work towards reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

i have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions in the past and in previous visits the standard of service and rooms had slipped considerably, to the extent we would have stayed elsewhere until we found out it had been refurbished. What a difference!! Rooms were clean and tidy, service was good and the breakfast in the morning was up there with some of the other high end hotels we have stayed in. The only fault was we booked business class and the room was really no different from the rest of the hotel. Saying that, I would recommend anyone to stay here now as it has seriously improved its image since the refurbishment. keep it up

2 Thank Jaycee001
Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you have chosen to return and found our refurbishment to meet with your approval. It is very pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. If I may be of assistance, please do not hesitate (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).
Pontesbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Love this hotel..The only hotel at Manchester connected undercover to Terminal 1 and 2 and also the Train Station. Warm welome from reception then up to my recently renewed room overlooking the terminals and runways. Its always a treat to come here. I had room service in the evening food superb quality, preentation and taste. Breakfast room large light, new, large. buffet of the usual high quality. Ive stayed in over 460 hotels and return here whenever i travel through MAN. It so far has never let me down or needed critiquing in anyway.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room looking over the airport. Its well worth it.. always changing scenary..alwa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank George G
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation - and from such a seasoned traveller as yourself is certainly quite that.
I am delighted that you enjoy your stays with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
If I may be of assistance with any future reservations, please do not hesitate.
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent business class rooms , recently refurbished. Very high quality fixtures, great bathroom , spacious. Breakfast in business lounge . Service excellent Very Good food in the restaurant. Bar area very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

2 Thank Denis C
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is our third stay in the Radisson all for pre-flight stays, great location - actually linked to the terminal, great parking and good value for money.
Arriving late on and checking in with no delays is a great way to kick off the holiday, efficient staff and although a large hotel it has a small hotel feel. Good quality rooms with comfy beds.
Having parked, a 2 minute walk to reception, check in and bag drop we decided to eat in the bar. The food is simple but fresh, good quality, good portion sizes and reasonable value for money.
We booked room only so didn't have breakfast this time as we had an early flight. Being able to leave your room, check out and be at your airline flight check in desk in under 10 minutes without leaving the building is priceless and a great, stress free way to kick off the holiday.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heather M
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation.
I am thrilled that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and thank you for choosing to return.