“generally good start to holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
liverpool
“generally good start to holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

we have stayed here several times before our holiday and have usually enjoyed it but this time several things just didn't go right. however we have since had a response from the hotel and this has been managed well. It is good when complaints are listened to and acknowledged. The room was lovely large comfortable and nice touches such as bathrobes. our disappointment was with the bar and restaurant staff and service. Briefly flat beer, being forgotten about whilst waiting for our table, cold food and then having to get out of bed get dressed to go to reception because they had forgotten to swipe our card on arrival and they said it couldn't wait until morning. But like I have said I am pleased with the response to our complaint and will be going back again. My star rating has been based on overall treatment and stay. We don't use the carpark so can't comment on this facility.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank liverpoolcitygirl
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for you review.
Once again, my apologies for the shortcomings you have experienced during your recent stay. I am pleased that the resolve was agreeable to you.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,057)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Location, facilities and service are all second to none for anyone using the airport - with fantastic public transport links and large on-site car park. We've used this hotel many times for both business and pleasure. And we'll be back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

2 Thank peter d
Thank you for your most positive review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we continue to exceed your expectations. It is especially pleasing to hear of a highly valued returning guests continued satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Have stayed here twice since Christmas in the business class rooms. This is great value for money if you can get good deal. The rooms are lovely and you can get overlooking the runway if available. The beds and bedding,pillows are good quality and very very comfy. The business lounge is overlooking airport and a chilled place to relax. The days papers are there to read and the TV is on if you wish to watch news etc. tea,filtered coffee, bottled soft drinks,orange juice are on offer to help yourself as are beer and spirits and wine from 5pm till 7pm. Nuts and olives are available all the time and are replaced constantly by the attendant. Hot canapes are brought out at 5pm for a couple of hours as is cheese and biscuits. Both times we have been going to eat in the restaurant but have ended up not doing as the canapés are that good and filling. Mini shepherds pies and fish and peas some examples. Guests were coming in taking handfuls of bottled beer,spirits and mixers back to their rooms and nothing was said. Breakfast is also served in the lounge. Help yourself to drinks, cereals, yoghurt etc and there is small choice of hot food. This is a great start to a holiday and highly recommend. Can't wait to visit again on my next hol.

Room Tip: Business class if can get good deal.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jayalee
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were very happy with our stay the day we arrived after flying from Philadelphia the evening before. We had our 16 month son with us who desperately needed to sleep, and the kind girl at the front desk got us into a suite even though it was only 11am and not yet check in time. Very spacious room, quiet and nicely updated. Also great to have two bathrooms so as not to disturb the little guy at night. Looking forward to staying again at the end of our trip.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Kristin1878
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is so pleasing that we were able to accommodate you so early and that you were comfortable throughout.
I do hope you are having an enjoyable trip and very much look forward to welcoming you back before you return home.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Could not be better for it's location within easy walking distance of the airport. Room and bathrooms were clean. Beds were comfortable and no noise from the airport even though it's so close. Our evening meal was OK but nothing special. The chicken fajitas were good but the scampi and chips were poor. Too much breaded batter and not enough scampi, and chips were mediocre at best. Our friends asked for a wake up call and they are still waiting so make sure you have a back up. It was quite impersonal but par for the course at airport hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JWMW101
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note your favourable comments regarding our location and bedrooms.
It is however disappointing that your dining experience did not meet your expectations. I do hope that you advised your host who would have been more than happy to make this right for you. Please be assured your comments will be shared with our Executive Chef for his review and action.
I do hope you will choose to return and if I may be of assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.
Hodnet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here on 2nd May 2014 prior to an early morning flight out of Manchester Airport,

Perfect location for the airport - only a few minutes walk/travelator to the airport - ideal as we had to be there no later that 5am and live 2 hours away!

The room was huge, spotless and really good value. We overlooked the airport so the window was massive, making it feel even more spacious - great for me as I have really bad claustrophobia. The room had everything we needed and the bed was sooooooooooooooooo comfortable.

Downside of the room - window didn't open (understandably) and even though we turned the aircon to its coolest setting the room was way too hot and we struggled to breathe. We were on the 4th floor and had to make regular trips throughout the stay down to the ground floor level to go outside and get some air.

The food was really expensive - we ate in the room - I had a Greek Salad and hubby had Scampi and Chips, plus there was a beer and a Bacardi and Orange - total price : £50!!! The room only cost £69!!!

The "spa" facilities were a bit disappointing too.

Would we stay again - yes, we are already booked for 2015 - the location is perfect and the rooms are great - we won't be eating/drinking there and will contact the hotel in advance to see what they can do about the room temperature!!!

Would recommend but go prepared with a bigger budget than you expect!

Can't fault the service and the staff though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note your favourable comments and overall favourable impression held.
I am sorry that you found our Food and Beverage offering expensive. We carry out continuous comparisons with other hotels within the airport location and remain competitive in this respect.
I am pleased to note your intention to return and look forward to welcoming you when you do. If I may be of assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel could not be easier for the airport as it connects to the terminals by walkway. The hotel chain I have stayed at many times and love the free internet. This hotel has a worn feeling and I had the oldest and shredded looking bathrobe I have ever seen. But the bed is great and for an overnight its a good option.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MichaelWeston, DIrector of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and apologise unreservedly for this.
We have just entered our final phase of refurbishment which will see all of our bedrooms transformed. I do hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy this in the future and if I may be of assistance with your next reservation, please do not hesitate (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).
I do hope to have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.