“No better place to stay when flying from Manchester” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“No better place to stay when flying from Manchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have used this hotel previously on an early flight to Florida. On this occasion I had an early flight to Cancun. I arrived by train and it's a very short walk to the hotel. Less than 5 mins and I was in reception. I had initially looked a park and fly deal but booked a dine and stay package mistakenly believing I had retained the parking element. I later added parking at additional cost but there was no deal to include dining. A few days later I decided to go back to dine and stay but to my disgust the price had gone up from £160 to £200 and they would not honour my original price. So a black mark for Radisson in that respect.
The hotel was faultless in all other respects. A nice meal from the 3 course set menu or choose£28.50 worth from the Al a Carte. Service was pretty quick and the food was well presented.
As a Radisson Blu Silver card holder we were offered a room upgrade. A Nice large room with king bed overlooking the runway. The room had good a/c and was completely silent. There was also free WI-Fi albeit a bit on the slow side and weak in strength. Generally though the hotel is very clean and modern and pleasant all respects
The biggest strength of this hotel for me is it's closeness to both the railway station and the terminals. T2 is less than a 5 minute walk straight out of the hotel door into the terminal walkway

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tajsurfer
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall favourable impression held and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I fully understand your frustration regarding pricing changes - working on a similar pricing strategies to that of airlines, adjustments as made will typically result in rates being charged relevant to the date of the change, rather than the original booking.
That said, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. If I may be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,057)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before an early flight. Lovely large room, comfortable bed. Modern interiors thought the hotel. Had dinner in the restaurant which was better than expected if not a little expensive, however at airport hotel this is expected. Friendly staff at check in/out. Would defiantly stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank christine363
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This was our fifth stay at this hotel and again was not disapointed. Check in was slow, we had a business room which they advertise as having there own check in facility but we have never seen this. The gentleman on reception was not very knowledgeable as we had booked car parking and when we told him about this he looked very confused before he re checked our booking.
The views from the rooms on the ninth floor are really impressive, especially the rooms overlooking the airport and cheshire countryside.
The business class rooms also have access to the business class bar area which have complimentary drinks and canopies and really comfy seats and again a great view over looking the airport. Our room was very spacious, clean, light and had been recently refurbished and looked really nice.
My only criticism would be that when checking in we where told as we had an early flight there would be breakfast grab bags available from 5am but these where not there when we checked out at 5:15am.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Neil B
Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I am sorry you were given the incorrect information regarding your Grab n'run breakfast - this is available until our restaurant opens for breakfast service. I will of course ensure this is addressed with our Front of House team to ensure accurate information is given in future.
Once again, thank you for your review. I hope you will choose to return in the future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
belton,tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

stayed here twice during a recent trip to the UK. Excellent Club Class. Very impressed with room amenities and cleanliness. Club Class Lounge well worth paying the upgrade- drinks all day and canopes and snacks from 5:30-7:30 in the evening. The breakfast is also very convenient. Impeccable service.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club class you wont be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
1 Thank berdiep
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for your "excellent/outstanding" review and recommendation
It is so pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future. If I may be of any assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate (Michael.weston@radissoblu.com). I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here again following previous stays (and one previous review) prior to our recent holiday, and the hotel is faultless. The staff were polite and pleasant and the rooms were bright, airy and spotless.

I emailed in advance to request the same family rooms that we had previously, facing the runway, and the hotel went one better - a complimentary upgrade to business class, which gave us a wonderful view of the runway, making my two young sons very happy.

We've already booked again for next year as staying here is a great way to start the holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DeborahS30
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we continue to exceed your expectations.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

First of all parking is not cheap.
Walked in to the front reception to ask where the restaurant was and the receptionist looked at me and my party as if we were stupid.
Went up to the restaurant and was seated by the window by a server and given the menus. As we start to look at the menu another server starts to Hoover under the table behind us. We sat for around 10 minutes with our menus closed ready to order and no one came to our table.
So as a manager of a hotel I wasn't willing to give my business to a place that can treat customers with such disrespect, so me and my party decided to leave and go elsewhere.
To be honest my car was booked into the meet & greet at Manchester airport and we wanted somewhere nice to go around the area before heading to the airport.

When we traveled home from our week holiday we decided to book into a hotel and unfortunately because of this service they lost our business there as well, we decide to book the Hilton where the service was really good.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank PinehurstL
Thank you for your review.
I apologies unreservedly for the shortcomings you have experienced. This is by no means the standard of service we aim to provide. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly so I may offer you my apologies personally and work towards reinstilling your faith in our product and service offering (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Blu, Manchester Airport on the way out and on the way back from travelling.

While Manchester airport is rather grey and depressing, the interior of the hotel is bright and airy. The breakfast buffet is very good, the bar not badly priced for corporate rates, the rooms are big enough and have sufficient amenities for an overnight stay. Obviously you wouldn't want to spend your holidays at this hotel but if you're looking for somewhere comfortable and convenient on the way to somewhere else then this place is excellent. Note that check-in is up the lift on level 3, and don't forget to check out at level 3 on your way out too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank davidwood638
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.