“Good hotel location for exploring the local area”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed the night here as we were visiting attractions in the local area, and we were fortunate to have a room that had a view of the airport departure / arrival gates - think it was safe to say my partner found this to be very interesting, in fact I woke the following morning to find his head peaking through the curtains!!!

Upon arrival in the reception area, a queue was forming and whilst my partner remained in the queue I sat on one of the seats provided. I was sat there some time, that I even got my book out to read. Apparently the staff that were serving, were having to explain things a number of times to some guests due to not understanding of the staff accents

The only downside was that the pillows were a little on the flat side - thankfully the dressing gowns came in handy to bolster the pillows slightly

We dined in the hotel restaurant, and it wasn't until we went to sit down that we realised that we needed to directed to a table. However after being sat down for a short while, that we realised others were making a similar error, so a sign indicated that you needed to be seated by a member of staff would have been most useful to all guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emmal0u82
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall favourable impression held and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please accept my apologies for the delay on check in. Our international team are fully trained to provide both a warm welcome and all necessary information to guests as they arrive. On occasion, there can be a number of items to cover in this interaction which can create a short queue. I am equally sorry that you did not see the host station on arrival to Collage. You will be happily seated by our Service team however it would seem they were seating another guest at the time you arrived.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (6,061)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This review is a little late as we visited in November 2013.

We stayed the night before we flew on our holiday.

Booked over the phone and had a little problem getting the confirmation sent across and I had to phone again. After reading other reviews about trying to charge for breakfast, even though it had been paid for I wanted to make sure it was on my confirmation.

Check in was a breeze, no problems other than they would not accept a maestro card, strange as it is a debit card.

We ended up paying cash which was not a problem but could have if we had not got that money on us, didn’t get a receipt so had to ask for one.

There was a grand opening event being held at the hotel and was informed that there will be some loud music for a short time whilst guests arrived, we were welcome to listen from our balcony, no thanks.

Due to the opening there were limited facilities available down stairs, it would have been nice to ask the guests if they would like to attend instead of listening to the music.

However saying this the room as always was spot on, we were overlooking the airport runway which was a nice touch so no faults with the room.

Breakfast was really nice, as much as you want both hot and cold food available, we did not get challenged to repay.

We also heard no noise at all and had a good night’s sleep prior to our holiday.

This is our number one choice pre-holiday hotel if the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in November. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued returning guests' satisfaction and I than you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am sorry for the shortcomings you experienced in relation to payments - please be assured this will be addressed with our Reservations and Front of House teams so as to avoid any repeat in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here night before holidays. Booked executive double room which also included private check-in, access to business lounge and breakfast. Between rail station and terminal 2, was ideal for us and didn't have far to go. Unfortunately no-one at check-in so was directed to business lounge to wait. Felt a bit uncomfortable as had our holiday cases and had been travelling all day by rail from Scotland and really needed to freshen up. Got checked in eventually and room was lovely, clean and bed comfortable. Toiletries provided and a coffee machine. Might be a good idea to put instructions beside machine, I personally couldn't figure out how to use it.
It was nice having lounge facilities to relax in during evening, and there was a good choice at breakfast time.
Would definitely like to stay here again .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holidayloverfromuk

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you had a wonderful vacation.
Please accept my apologies for the short delay on arrival while our Business Class Host was assisting another guest. I am equally sorry that you were not able to operate the Nespresso Coffee machine in your bedroom - our team are on hand to assist with any enquiries you have so please be sure to request assistance the next time you are with us.
Once again, thank you for your review. I am pleased that you would choose to return and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have used this hotel previously on an early flight to Florida. On this occasion I had an early flight to Cancun. I arrived by train and it's a very short walk to the hotel. Less than 5 mins and I was in reception. I had initially looked a park and fly deal but booked a dine and stay package mistakenly believing I had retained the parking element. I later added parking at additional cost but there was no deal to include dining. A few days later I decided to go back to dine and stay but to my disgust the price had gone up from £160 to £200 and they would not honour my original price. So a black mark for Radisson in that respect.
The hotel was faultless in all other respects. A nice meal from the 3 course set menu or choose£28.50 worth from the Al a Carte. Service was pretty quick and the food was well presented.
As a Radisson Blu Silver card holder we were offered a room upgrade. A Nice large room with king bed overlooking the runway. The room had good a/c and was completely silent. There was also free WI-Fi albeit a bit on the slow side and weak in strength. Generally though the hotel is very clean and modern and pleasant all respects
The biggest strength of this hotel for me is it's closeness to both the railway station and the terminals. T2 is less than a 5 minute walk straight out of the hotel door into the terminal walkway

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tajsurfer

Thank you for your review.
I fully understand your frustration regarding pricing changes - working on a similar pricing strategies to that of airlines, adjustments as made will typically result in rates being charged relevant to the date of the change, rather than the original booking.
That said, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. If I may be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may look after your requirements personally.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here before an early flight. Lovely large room, comfortable bed. Modern interiors thought the hotel. Had dinner in the restaurant which was better than expected if not a little expensive, however at airport hotel this is expected. Friendly staff at check in/out. Would defiantly stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christine363

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This was our fifth stay at this hotel and again was not disapointed. Check in was slow, we had a business room which they advertise as having there own check in facility but we have never seen this. The gentleman on reception was not very knowledgeable as we had booked car parking and when we told him about this he looked very confused before he re checked our booking.
The views from the rooms on the ninth floor are really impressive, especially the rooms overlooking the airport and cheshire countryside.
The business class rooms also have access to the business class bar area which have complimentary drinks and canopies and really comfy seats and again a great view over looking the airport. Our room was very spacious, clean, light and had been recently refurbished and looked really nice.
My only criticism would be that when checking in we where told as we had an early flight there would be breakfast grab bags available from 5am but these where not there when we checked out at 5:15am.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Neil B

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I am sorry you were given the incorrect information regarding your Grab n'run breakfast - this is available until our restaurant opens for breakfast service. I will of course ensure this is addressed with our Front of House team to ensure accurate information is given in future.
Once again, thank you for your review. I hope you will choose to return in the future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

stayed here twice during a recent trip to the UK. Excellent Club Class. Very impressed with room amenities and cleanliness. Club Class Lounge well worth paying the upgrade- drinks all day and canopes and snacks from 5:30-7:30 in the evening. The breakfast is also very convenient. Impeccable service.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club class you wont be disappointed.