“Very nice”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed for one day on the 6th floor before a long transatlantic trip. The room was very nice and clean, the wifi was fast enough, and they allowed me to check in early, which was great. The gym is a real gym with good equipment, not what passes for a gym in many places (but there's some construction going on there, too) and the swimming pool was nice as well. The restaurant and the food there (dinner and breakfast) was good but pretty expensive and understaffed (it took them a long time to get me my check both times). Only other things that were not perfect: a hotel in this price range should have bathrobes in the rooms and right now they are doing reconstruction or something on the 4th floor, which created quite some noise even on the 6th floor. But overall, very nice, I'll go there again.

Room Tip: Right now, stay away from the 4th floor because of the construction site going on there.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank robertzimbardo
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall favourable impression and do hope you had a safe onward journey.
My apologies that you were affected by our on going refurbishment programme. There is never a convenient time to complete this however in order to improve our facilities, schedules are created to minimise any disruption e.g.: alternative changing arrangements in the gym and no noisy works being completed before 10am and after 6pm. I am equally sorry that you were delayed in receiving your check at the end of your meal - a personal bug bearer of mine and you can be assured this will be addressed.
Once again, thank you for your review and recommendation. I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I really enjoy staying at this airport as it has always been clean, the staff are friendly, and the location to the airport is the best. The hotel itself is connected to the airport for easy access to the terminals on those super early AM flights. Also, if you have a rental or hire car, you can easily and quickly return it to the return location and the car park shuttle will typically drop you off right at the hotel. You will pay a little more than the other hotels in the area, but if you are looking for a great location with easy in and easy out, this is the place. I have stayed here 5-6 times and not once have I had a problem. They also just remodeled the ground and 1st floor levels slightly. If you have a rental, you are about a 20-30 minute drive to the Trafford Center. This is a large mall with good eats and great shopping.

Room Tip: I prefer highest room possible and airport view. Watching the planes is entertaining to me...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OFF2FLY-KMLU

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
It is so pleasing to hear of a highly valued returning guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice airport hotel that is around 5 minutes walk to Terminals one and two. Checked in within a couple of minutes and concierge had the bags in the room within 5 minutes. Nice bar restaurant to have the last or first night of your holidays. Defiantly do this hotel again and that's as much as I can say.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Xian1234

What a wonderful review - thank you for taking the time.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Checked in at 3am for couple of nights whilist transitting back from Crete to Amsterdam. Allocated room on 5th floor, quick summary of issues (I won't rant) ...
- Whole floor and room smells old & musty
- Carpets worn right through (throughout)
- Air-conditioning very poor
- Twin room allocated (double requested)
- Safe didn't work
- TV wouldn't turn off (needed resetting by concierge)
We hardly ever complain, but in the first 2 hours we were awake in the hotel we rang reception on 3 different issues & had two staff come to the room to address issues.
After first night, moved to newly refurbished 7th floor - exact level of quality you'd expect from Raddison - only slight issues was air con wasn't that effective.
Reception staff welcoming, helpful & efficient, service in the bar was excellant
Would definately return, if on a refurbished floor, - if not save some money & book in the Premier Inn !
Oh and the wifi was virtually non-existent throughout :(

Room Tip: Avoid old unrefurbished rooms (at all costs)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bueller1961

Thank you for your review.
Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced regarding your accommodation. While it is true that some of our bedrooms are tired - what we lack in condition, we certainly make up for in cleanliness, and there is no excuse for a television and safe not working. This will be addressed accordingly.
I am pleased to advise that we have now entered our final phase of refurbishment which will see all our final bedrooms upgraded to the accommodation you enjoyed on your second night - I am pleased that we were able to resolve this for you while with us.
Once again, thank you for your review. I am pleased to note your intention to return. If I may be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Excellent one night stay here before morning flight. Staff pleasant, room lovely and beds VERY comfy, pity they were two singles though - but then I guess I'm spoilt by getting two doubles in a room in the USA. Requested an airport view room and got one on the 5th floor, my daughter loved sitting on the windowsill and watching the planes. Didn't eat in hotel, actually went to T1 arrivals and ate there, but the choices in the restaurant looked good.
Would recommend for a short stay, only a 5 minute walk from the train/coach station and only a 5 minute walk to T2 where we were flying from so ideally located.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing the airport - more to see!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JPeg

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed the night here as we were visiting attractions in the local area, and we were fortunate to have a room that had a view of the airport departure / arrival gates - think it was safe to say my partner found this to be very interesting, in fact I woke the following morning to find his head peaking through the curtains!!!

Upon arrival in the reception area, a queue was forming and whilst my partner remained in the queue I sat on one of the seats provided. I was sat there some time, that I even got my book out to read. Apparently the staff that were serving, were having to explain things a number of times to some guests due to not understanding of the staff accents

The only downside was that the pillows were a little on the flat side - thankfully the dressing gowns came in handy to bolster the pillows slightly

We dined in the hotel restaurant, and it wasn't until we went to sit down that we realised that we needed to directed to a table. However after being sat down for a short while, that we realised others were making a similar error, so a sign indicated that you needed to be seated by a member of staff would have been most useful to all guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emmal0u82

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall favourable impression held and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please accept my apologies for the delay on check in. Our international team are fully trained to provide both a warm welcome and all necessary information to guests as they arrive. On occasion, there can be a number of items to cover in this interaction which can create a short queue. I am equally sorry that you did not see the host station on arrival to Collage. You will be happily seated by our Service team however it would seem they were seating another guest at the time you arrived.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This review is a little late as we visited in November 2013.

We stayed the night before we flew on our holiday.

Booked over the phone and had a little problem getting the confirmation sent across and I had to phone again. After reading other reviews about trying to charge for breakfast, even though it had been paid for I wanted to make sure it was on my confirmation.

Check in was a breeze, no problems other than they would not accept a maestro card, strange as it is a debit card.

We ended up paying cash which was not a problem but could have if we had not got that money on us, didn’t get a receipt so had to ask for one.

There was a grand opening event being held at the hotel and was informed that there will be some loud music for a short time whilst guests arrived, we were welcome to listen from our balcony, no thanks.

Due to the opening there were limited facilities available down stairs, it would have been nice to ask the guests if they would like to attend instead of listening to the music.

However saying this the room as always was spot on, we were overlooking the airport runway which was a nice touch so no faults with the room.

Breakfast was really nice, as much as you want both hot and cold food available, we did not get challenged to repay.

We also heard no noise at all and had a good night’s sleep prior to our holiday.

This is our number one choice pre-holiday hotel if the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in November. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued returning guests' satisfaction and I than you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am sorry for the shortcomings you experienced in relation to payments - please be assured this will be addressed with our Reservations and Front of House teams so as to avoid any repeat in the future.