“Great hotel!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A great hotel. Very close to the airport. Lovely room.we even had a personalised greeting on the TV screen. Easy, quick check in and out. Had a lovely meal at the restaurant. Nice friendly reception staff. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren C
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

What a wonderful review and recommendation - thank you for taking the time.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We chose this hotel as they advertise a free exclusive shuttle service to terminal 3. On check in we asked about the shuttle and were told that no such service exists or has ever existed and that we would have to walk 15 minutes with our luggage to the airport terminal. When we called guest services they also assured us that the service did not exist, but when we pointed out to them that it was advertised on their website, they did arrange for a complimentary taxi to take us to terminal 3.
The temperature in our room upon check in at 4pm was 25 degrees. An hour after setting the ac to cool, the temperature had not changed at all so we called guest services again. They offered to reset our ac unit. That made no difference, so they sent a maintenance technician to take a look. He said it wasn't working properly and offered to have us moved to another room, which we agreed to. 30 minutes later we called to ask what was happening and they finally sent someone with a new room key, who helped us move.
The new room temperature was 23 degrees, so we were provided with a very small fan. The temperature soon increased to 24 and refused to cool, so we called guest services again. The maintenance technician said that they were having trouble cooling the rooms and that there was nothing more to be done. We requested some cold water, an ice bucket and another fan, all of which were eventually delivered to us. 5 hours after checking in we are still hot and pretty fed up.
The hotel offers 100% satisfaction or you don't pay for your room!
When we pressed the '100% satisfaction' button on the phone, nobody answered!!!
Had we paid budget hotel prices, we might have expected this level of satisfaction, but for the price paid to stay in the Radisson, I expect better.
What was supposed to be a treat and relaxing way to start a journey has been a stressful nightmare.
Also the free wifi is rubbish.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison G

Thank you for your review.
I am most disappointed to read of your experience and apologies unreservedly for the shortcomings you have experienced.
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com) so I may offer you my personal apologies and to make this right for you.
It would be most useful if you could also advise me of where you had seen a complimentary shuttle service advertised - there is no need to provide this service as we are connected to the terminals and I would of course like to see only accurate information given to our guests on all own and 3rd party information sites. That said, I am pleased that you were provided with a complimentary taxi as a gesture of goodwill.
Once again, my apologies for this unfortunate situation. I very much look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

With an early flight out we always try to stay at an airport hotel the night before. We have tried another establishment when the quality / value for money here seemed to drop, but we came back last year and had a great experience so decided this year to have adjoining rooms for the family. We had two rooms that had recently been refurbished and they were excellent. Everything in the room that you could hope for. It was a great way to start our holiday - and with 15 day parking it was ideal. Of course, one of the great 'perks' of this hotel is its location - an easy walk on the skywalk to the terminal.

We had evening dinner in the restaurant and were very pleased with the range and quality of the food.

Will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the apron - higher numbered even rooms seem to have the better views. Don'...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patch66

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation.
I am pleased that you chose to return and that our recent refurbishment met with your approval.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to stay again. If I may be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Me and my Mum stayed in the Radisson Blu the night before we travelled to Paris and the night after we landed back in England. The trip to Paris was arranged for my 18th birthday. On arrival a very polite lady (Katy) checked us in and wished me a happy birthday. We stayed in a business class twin room. After around 5 minutes of arriving in our room a gentleman arrived to deliver champagne and chocolates! A card was also delivered wishing me a happy birthday and a great stay. The room was beautiful with amazing views of the planes in terminal 1. We ordered room service on both nights we stayed and the food was lovely. Overall it was a lovely stay and started/ended the holiday very well! Would definitely return back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Naomi T

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and a very Happy (albeit belated) Birthday!
It is most pleasing to hear of a valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please be assured your review will be shared with our entire team, in particular Katy, so they are aware of the continued positive impact they have on our guests' journey.
Once again, thank you for taking the time. I do hope you will choose to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Had a very early flight so wanted an easy hotel to get to the departures, cant beat this, also arriving by train so cant beat this either. Got a good price on this occasion only £72. Had a good nights sleep, didn't do anything else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark C

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share both your experience and recommendation.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel before a family holiday to celebrate my dad's retirement with family (myself, my husband, mum, dad, brother, sister and her fiance).

I had booked three business class rooms and these were 100% worth the extra money - the rooms are on the top floors, have plenty of space, beautifully decorated, great views of the airport (whilst still being really quiet!) and free films on the tv.

We arrived around 5pm and checked in on the business class floor but felt the member of staff checking us in was nervous about the 7 of us stood round his desk so the check in was rushed and we didn't really get a full explanation or tour around like other people seem to have had reading other reviews. There were a few conversations over the phone to other staff members discussing whether one of our rooms was ready as we'd requested another single bed in there for my little brother rather than pay an additional £180 for a fourth room (this cost £20 extra) but this was sorted quickly when we were in our rooms.

We spent time in the lounge which is where it's definitely worth the cost to upgrade - the snacks on offer were great and we didn't end up going for dinner because we ate so many mini burgers and samosas! There is also a good selection of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks which you can help yourself to until 9pm.

We did have what I felt was a serious issue that was only realised later on but this was rectified by the lovely lady who had taken over the later shift on reception - she discounted all of our rooms and had champagne delivered to our room to apologise.

We all slept really well in the rooms and breakfast was the perfect start to our day of travelling - a great environment and a huge selection of cooked and continental breakfast items including bucks fizz and smoothies.

All in all, a great way to start your holiday, wherever you're going. We're already booked to come back in September before a holiday and also considering it before a weekend break in Copenhagen for our pre-anniversary trip!

Room Tip: Business class rooms, without doubt!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lyla_manchester

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I also hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the shortcomings you had experienced. While we aim to ensure guest satisfaction on each and every occasion, occasionally things can go wrong and I am sorry that this was the case. I am pleased however that my team members were able to make this right for you prior to departure and that you remain with an overall favourable impression.
If you could kindly provide me with your reservation details for your future stay, I would be most grateful to have the opportunity to look after you personally (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).
Once again, thank you for your review and recommendation - I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was my second stay here. I stayed 2 years ago in an executive suite, and again this year in another executive suite. There has been a vast improvement in a couple of years. The room is quiet (surprisingly so for an airport hotel). The room is nicely sized, well laid out, and is well equipped with everything a traveler would need. The bed is comfortable. It is the best place to stay when taking a morning flight out of Manchester Airport, as it is the only hotel that is actually connected to the airport, others in the area require a shuttle ride to get to the terminals. You pay for this convenience, but this time, with the improvements over the last couple of years, I think it was worth it.

Room Tip: Executive suites are pricey, but worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank PAWolcott

Thank you for your most positive review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our refurbishment meets with your approval. It is so pleasing to hear of a valued returning guests' continued satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation.