“Nice hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before our holiday to the USA, easy access from the train station no need for the dreaded shuttle bus, it's a 5 minute walk. Restaurant expensive £8 for soup! One of our towels was dirty otherwise I'd of given it 5 stars. Nice friendly and helpful reception staff. Will use the hotel next time I fly from manchester

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pierreoljanuk
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall favourable impression held and thank you for taking the time.
My apologies regarding the towel in your bathroom - a most unusual circumstance and certainly should not have been there. If you could let me know your bedroom number at your earliest convenience (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com), I will of course address with my Head Housekeeper to avoid any repeat in the future.
I do hope you will choose to return as I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked the hotel as we were flying to Mexico on honeymoon at 9.15am on a Monday. We arrived at the hotel at around 2pm on the Sunday, having travelled on the train. The hotel is easy to access from the train station, situated just over the road. We had upgraded to the Executive rooms with access to the lounge. We checked in on the 9th floor at the Executive check in guest which in itself makes you feel more special. The room was fantastic. I had requested a view of the runway and terminal 2 which we had been granted and we were thrilled. It was wonderful being able to watch the flights coming into land and preparing to take off. We decided to pop down and make use of the spa facilities, using the sauna, steam room and a quick dip in the pool. They also have a small gym but we didn't use. After this we went back to our room and got changed before going to the Executive lounge. We were so chuffed with the facilities. The view over the terminal and runway is spectacular. The money for the upgrade is well worth it. I think it cost us an extra £30 to have an executive room. For the food and drinks my husband and I consumed in the lounge; gin and tonics, beers, wine etc it would have cost far in excess of £30, especially in such a premium location. The hotel itself was so convenient, in the morning we got up at 6am, quickly got organised, nipped down to the terminal to check in and came back up to the hotel ready for breakfast starting at 7am (on the Executive floor- breakfast on level 3 starts much earlier), enjoyed pancakes and bacon (amongst many other choices) and then at 8am we went through security and to our departure gate it was great! We completely adored this hotel and we couldn't help ourselves getting up in the middle of the night to try to see our plane coming to land! Even though the location of the hotel is immediately next to the terminal there is NO noise. Wonderful beds and a coffee machine, free chocolates as well. Would without a doubt stay again and upgrade to the executive floor if you can. Worth every penny!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank gemmaspaniels

What a wonderful review - thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that your honeymoon got off to a great start.
Huge Congratulations from our entire team on your recent wedding.
Hope to see you return very soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night before an early morning flight. Got a free upgrade to a business class room. Free bar too! (But it was the start of our honeymoon). Oh. And free champagne as well! We cannot thank the staff enough

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkJ0607

Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to make the start of your honeymoon a memorable experience.
Congratulations from our entire team on your recent wedding!
Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Does its job of being an airport hotel very well. No messing about with a shuttle bus/taxi as you can walk to all terminals undercover within a few minutes. Fast check-in and check-out. Friendly staff at check-in, but a bit grumpy at 4.30am! Gym/pool/steam room/sauna were good.

Rooms are a good size and the fixtures and fittings look as if they have been recently renewed so are all modern and clean albeit a bit "corporate bland". The bed was two singles pushed together rather than a proper queen/king bed. Pillows are strange - they go totally flat when you lie on them!

I didn't eat dinner here as it was expensive and hasn't got great reviews previously! But the "Grab 'n' Run" breakfast is a great idea for very early starts.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve T

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to note an overall favourable impression held and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here 2 weeks ago and what an amazing place .we were upgraded to the penthouse and what an amazing place . Service was amazing .
Great breakfast and the bar is also lovely . I would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank pesking
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to exceed your expectations.
Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

As always, this hotel was great again – you can’t be any closer to the airport than this and again the staff were very friendly and welcoming, the bar offered a good range of cocktails and the breakfast buffet was excellent. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. This hotel is always our first choice when flying into/out of Manchester Airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jade-Stamford

Thank you for yet another wonderful review and recommendation.
It is so pleasing to hear of a valued returning guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to return and if I may be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate (Michael.weston@radissonblu.com).
I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here on tuesday as thanks to National Express I missed my flight home to Paohos.
Excellent reception staff, beautiful room , food was ok, beautifully presented but a little dry.
a little bit pricey for 1 night but overall a nice hotel