“really nice”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 8 October 2009

stayed one night before long trip to usa,was really modern plush and clean ,prob what you would expect from a top hotel.Breakfast was quite nice, served in a buffet style,everything from cereals to bacon and egg etc.quite a buisiness like hotel.would certainly use this hotel again as you only have to walk a short distance on the moving walkways to the terminal.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 September 2009

Stayed many times at this hotel and although not the cheapest Manchester airport hotel with parking, the convenient location and hassle free parking and collection of car makes it worth it. Recommended!

1  Thank AnnieM1
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Have used this hotel a few times for tha past few years to stay at the night before when going on holiday and also just for the odd nights break as we live close. I am really dissapointed at the way in which the service and staff have deteriorated the past 3 visits, so much so that we now stay at the Crowne Plaza just round the corner, much cheaper and far more friendly staff. We liked to eat in the restaurant at the Radisson as it overlooks the aiport directly but the past 2 times I have to say the food was at best average and the service extremely poor. The fillet steak I ordered I left as it wasnt cooked as ordered so much so that I assumed someone had asked fo a blue steak and it was given to my for medium by mistake. But I didnt get chance to send it back as the waiter almost threw the paltes on the table, didnt ven ask if we needed sauces or drinks or anything and just dissapeared, he never came back to ask if the meal was OK which should be as standard at any restaurant so I couldnt tell him about my problem. *it was not busy in the reataurant about 16 people)
I waited until we had to call him to clear the plates he picked up my plate where clearly i had only taken 1 taste of at a £30 steak and he didnt even mention was everything OK.***I had to stop him leaving the table and quetion HIM as to why he didnt ask me about the full staek left on my plate. I poitend out o the restaurant manager, who I have seen here a few times and who seems to do a good job, he offered me a regfund on the steak to which I declined saying that is not my point the point was that his waiter was rude ignorant and didnt care about the cusomers and he should be retrained or reprimanded.
Overall I have found the staff to be ignoranet and seem not to like working here, the last time we were scolded by a french barmaid with dark hair for sitting at a table where someone had just left as she wanted to wipe it down, i only neede you to wait 1 minute she shouted, how were we to know she was coming staright over and anyway to speak like that was rude and I told her so abd mentioned that if she was busy she should not take her anger out on customers.
Overall service here is rock bottom you are lucky if you get a please or thank you from most bar staff and leaving a tip results in a grunt. the cocktails are a joke at £10-18 each without even a umberella or cherry etc just strong alcohol mixed together, (maybe the cocktail waiter was off) but dont put the menus out if you cant make em.
I am by no means a serial complainer and always leave tips (yes even a brit ???lol)but I do not recommend the Radisson, the only pleasant people I encountered here are the Reception staff and the Chambermaids.
Dont Bother try the Crowne Plaza much better

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnBoland
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Stayed for a Saturday night. The lady who checked us in was surly and unfriendly , not at all welcoming. Our Maritime themed room was grubby and dusty. There was hair and dust and a nasty brown stain on the bed valance. The coffee table had a sticky stain on the top with food crumbs underneath the glass and the furniture was VERY worn , scratched and dusty. The washbasin waste leaked onto the bathroom floor. I mentioned this to the staff on check out but didn't get much response. Good links to the railway station and breakfast was good though! OK if you get a cheap , cheap deal but this wasn't up to the standard that we've had with Radisson before.

Reviewed 1 September 2009

Hotel in excellent location between the undercover concourse for t1 and t2. As newlyweds we were pleasantly upgraded to the business suite, with fantastic views across the runway, watching the planes take off from the comfort of your bed is a must! The hotel has a lovely restaurant to suite all tastes, we recommend the duck. All rooms come with complimentary slippers and dressing gowns, fruit with an Italian themed decor. We treated ourselves to breakfast in bed, excellent choice arriving promptly. Highly recommend this hotel, not for those with a tight budget but well worth the money!

1  Thank Holstar77
Reviewed 26 August 2009

This hotel is ideally located for business and leisure travel. Hotel is clean and staff are very friendly and efficient. Nice leisure centre and fast wi fi.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ENJOYCountyKerry
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Just a quick stopover and for the price was very, very pleasantly surprised. Clean rooms, great location, friendly service, nice bar area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business