I don't often stay at these corporate "palaces", but when I do, I'm amused by the contrast between their pretensions of grandeur and their failure to do the simplest things properly. This was no exception...
1. My "business class" room had a phone in the bathroom (these businessmen - always doing deals!). What the bathroom didn't have, though, was a waste-disposal bin. Having removed the wrapper from the soap, I had to take it round to the bin in the room.
2. I fancied a beer from the minibar. To get this unlocked, you had to ring "One-Touch Service". The lady on "OTS" did some computer-stuff and asked if I had heard "a click". I hadn't. More computer-stuff - now my minibar was definitely open, she said. It wasn't. What the heck - I made a cup of tea.
3. I like a bed with a substantial headboard, but no chance of that here. There was nothing at all to lean on, and if you did attempt to lean back you would bash your head (as I did) on one of the over-bed lights. A piece of spectacularly bad design, I would suggest.
Trivial complaints? Well, let's remember we're talking about £135 a night here. Attention to detail beats pretensions to grandeur every time!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Rezidor, Lastminute, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport Hotel Manchester
- Radisson Manchester
- Manchester Radisson