“Corporate Hospitality”

Ranked #13 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
West Yorkshire
“Corporate Hospitality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

I don't often stay at these corporate "palaces", but when I do, I'm amused by the contrast between their pretensions of grandeur and their failure to do the simplest things properly. This was no exception...
1. My "business class" room had a phone in the bathroom (these businessmen - always doing deals!). What the bathroom didn't have, though, was a waste-disposal bin. Having removed the wrapper from the soap, I had to take it round to the bin in the room.
2. I fancied a beer from the minibar. To get this unlocked, you had to ring "One-Touch Service". The lady on "OTS" did some computer-stuff and asked if I had heard "a click". I hadn't. More computer-stuff - now my minibar was definitely open, she said. It wasn't. What the heck - I made a cup of tea.
3. I like a bed with a substantial headboard, but no chance of that here. There was nothing at all to lean on, and if you did attempt to lean back you would bash your head (as I did) on one of the over-bed lights. A piece of spectacularly bad design, I would suggest.
Trivial complaints? Well, let's remember we're talking about £135 a night here. Attention to detail beats pretensions to grandeur every time!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Leeds, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

Booked business class room. Very nice room, overlooking the runway with floor to ceiling windows. Staff always very courteous and helpful. Amenities very clean and efficient. Thought really good value for money although having to pay a car park fee of £10 overnight was a little steep and unexpected whilst staying at a hotel. Also restaurant quite expensive for a burger. Breakfast one of the best we have had.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Abbasec
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

Hotel serves its purpose as it is excellently located for accessing the airport as it just a short walk from the airport terminals but the rooms appear tired and some of the rooms where previously smoking rooms and still have a odour of stale tobacco. Chekin and out where swift and on the go breakfast was adequate.

Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

We had a great stay at the Radisson at Manchester Airport in July before our flight to Cuba.

LOCATION
The location is fantastic, we got the train to the airport from Lancaster and were through the sky walk into the hotel in about 10 minutes. It was also great for walking to the terminals and meant that we could have an extra hour in bed before catching our early morning flight! We also went on the train to Manchester the day before our flight which was really easy and only took about 15 minutes. We also had a fantastic view of the airport and my husband really enjoyed sitting and watching the planes landing and taking off in the evening. We also saw our own plane when we woke up in the morning which was nice!

ROOMS
The rooms are okay, although a bit dated, it was clean and very comfortable! As I mentioned before, there was also a great view towards the runways. The bathroom was clean and functional too. We also used the swimming pool, sauna, stream room etc. which were lovely before our flight. Although the pool is small, it was really relaxing. There is also a good gym which seemed to be well used.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay in the hotel and it was a nice extra addition to our holiday. The staff were also really friendly and helpful which helps. Although, it was slightly more expensive than some of the other airport hotels, I think that it is definitely worth it for the location. It was so easy to reach the railway and terminals and it made the experience less stressful! I would recommend the hotel to those travelling to or from the airport!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank treasure27
wirral
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

This hotel is exactly what you would expect - it's a hotel by the airport! The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and polite and the room was comfortable and clean. I am not sure what previous reviewers are complaining about! It takes a normal an adult walking at a leisurely pace ten mins to get to terminal 2. You go through the sky tubes which is all very exciting! The cheaper of the restaraunts is not up to much - I'd drive to Bewlies and eat there! We were charged 50 quid for a second rate pizza, 2 bowls of chips, 2 choc puddings and something else my husband had, and a few drinks. None of it was very nice -

But I loved the pool, sauna and steam room. Great if you have kids. Will be returning !

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kirsty1712
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed here the night before flying to Florida after travelling down from Glasgow by train. i was expecting the journey to be really stressful with a three year old and luggage but I have to say it went very smoothly when we got off the train at Manchester Airport the hotel is so handy and well signposted, check in was really quick and we were given a room overlooking the runway which we requested. Rooms are very clean but they are dated especially the televison, rooms could do with being updated but fine for one nights stop over. The hotel was pricey for food and drink but we walked over to the Bewleys hotel for dinner (head back towards train station there is an exit to walk over to Bewleys) which was cheaper and was nice. There is a petrol garage between these two hotels which sells wine and beer so if you dont want to pay hotel bar prices do what we did buy a bottle of wine and enjoy it in your room. When we woke up the next morning plane was right outside out window which our three year old loved. Check was quick and easy even though there was a convention on and a lot of business people checking out. Would stay again because it is so handy.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Katyk38
Hessle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel the night before an early flight. The hotel is very busy indeed and check in time is evident of this - it's a long wait. On my reservation I asked for a room facing the runway, this was ignored as they had to change the room upon arrival but did so without problem.
Our room had a lovely view over Terminal 1 and the runway in the background but the actual room could do with a bit of a spruce up. The old CRT television isn't in modern keeping but the bed was comfortable enough for a nights sleep.
We had drinks in the bar then ate in the restaurant which was very nice indeed - not only does it have a great view over T1 and T2, the quality of the food was excellent and service was very good with a smile. Dinner cost £80 for two, including a bottle of wine.
Overall the hotel is probably the best of the bunch at Manchester Airport and I'd stay here again - they could just do to modernise the rooms a bit.
The rate we paid for a standard room was £130 including two weeks car parking.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple