“A little pricey,but the service is great,and you cant get closer to your flight”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We've used the Radisson for our last 3 trips to Florida and we've had the Stay and Park option,with an executive room.This includes breakfast and 15 days parking.
The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast buffet is great.
All the staff are welcoming and very helpful(especially Dean,one of the concierge staff).
The only downside is that once you've handed over your car keys your dining is limited to the brasserie and restaurant,which are quite expensive(£33.85 for 2 burgers,a few chips and couple of pieces of lettuce,oh and 2 pints of Becks.
But hell they've got a captive market and i suppose most customers are on expenses.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,173)

Reviewed 6 October 2010

I stayed in many Radissons hotels before and I did like the hotels very much. Went to same hotel in June and had a lovely room there. I knew, we will use the hotel again on our trip to Cuba, so I kindly requested the most romantic room for me and my husband. Yes, I did get a room. Disabled! Very ugly room, like from 1975. with twins bed, so there was no point of any romance, because my husband fall between 2 of them.Any apology from reception in the morning?No.The girl told me:"when we are busy, we have to give them away..." Give them away? For £125? That is not giving away! If you want a nice room in this hotel, ask for business room, pay more, but it is nice. By the way, I am not disabled and I hope, I never will be.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I've stayed at this hotel before some years ago and loved it, so decided to treat myself to a night there before a long flight the following morning.

Pluses :
Covered walkway into airport
14 day parking available (for a cost)
Check-in was quick and staff member pleasant.

Minuses :
Room (Oriental type) was dark and furniture far too heavy for a relatively small space.
Bedding was worn, blanket had a hole in it.
Bedding also smelt of smoke (in a non-smoking room).
TV very dated and hard to see, unless you like neck-ache.
Plaster coming off walls in bathroom.
Mini-bar wouldn't open.
Restaurant food over-priced and not great.
Staff when I returned to pick up car was off-hand and dismissive.
Car had been valet parked as far away from the hotel as it could have been and I was given no directions to tell me exactly where it was - so on return I got soaked trying to find it.

All in all a very disappointing experience and not worth the cost. I would absolutely not regard this as the four star deluxe hotel it's supposed to be. In its present state I'd give it, at most, three.

I won't be staying here again, despite its convenience for the airport.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Cath A
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Stayed just one night and had asked for a double room on a high floor on the booking with expedia, what we got was a twin on the 4th (of nine ) which was the first bed room floor, the reception and restaurants being on the 3rd, which was actually OK but showed that requests werent really heeded.
The receptionists and porters were chirpy and very welcoming, check in was quick. The room was of a good size and simply but nicely decorated with an interesting view over the airport, it was quiet considering its proximity the airport.
however the beds although comfy were very low and looking a bit like 'spare room' beds with minimal pillows provided.
The television was small and very old and mounted high in a swivelling 'binnicle' at the top of a structure housing the tea/coffee stuff and the mini bar, so it was up near the ceiling and uncomfortable to view.
The minibar was damaged and operated under an automatic system for detecting use.
Kettle and tea/coffee were provided.
Bathroom was nice and clean but some fitments were loose and minimal towels provided and no magnifying mirror (important for make up I'm told).
There were minimal hangers provided in a good size wardrobe.
We had the buffet breakfast in the Phileas Fogg restaurant overlooking the airport which was a lovely space to be in. The waitresses providing tea/coffee and clearing tables were very good, there was a wide range of food to choose from and most was OK.
The public areas were smart and clean and clean.
It was OK for the night but the room was really barely 3* - and should have been better for the money and the reputation of the Hotel chain. Oh and the overnight parking was £10 which I thought was a very mean charge as there is no real alternative.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Wonderful nights stay...The room is so very quiet and nice...the food was wonderful as were the folks working at the restaurant. All positive...only one draw back....the electrical system is in need of fixing...one switch controlled all lights, so at night, if you wanted to read..all lights had to remain on. This was a serious flaw in their design. Other than that, I found this hotel to be very convenient and comfortable. Continental Air was only a 5 min. walk from our room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I'm not a football fan therefor MAN for a weekend trip. :-) If anyone travel like me to MAN, this is the place where you can stay. Only 6,60 pound return trip to city center by train during off peak and very reasonable price rate for Radisson hotel. It's bit run down and old style but super comfortable. Bar is not very tempting so better try some places at the terminal for drinking. No safe in my room but, internet for free. Nescafe coffee machine in the room! :-)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This was a very comfortable and convenient hotel when leaving England by Manchester airport. We never had to go outside after turning in our rental car. There was a tube that went to the hotel, a short walk. Our hotel was connected to the terminal we flew from. It took about five mintues to reach the plane desk from our room. The only complaint was the wiring in the room. The many room lights were either all on or all off. Having just a reading lamp beside the bed was not possible. This should be changed. The food in the hotel was reasonalbe and delicious.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends