“very good stay but...didnt like the bad language in the bar”
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
sunderland
“very good stay but...didnt like the bad language in the bar”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

we went down to manchester for 1 night to see stiff little fingers at the hmv ritz .booked in very quickly ,room very clean but really small.we were only sleeping in there anyway so were not too bothered .food in bar was very good .breakfast was good .only problem was in the bar ,this hotel had a group of about 1o men who were drinking and useing very bad language ,there was 2 children on the next table with the parents .then the next day about 6 sunderland fans who had been down for the game were sitting drinking in the bar and again there was children about but it didnt stop the language .this put a downer on the bar for me .all in all a good hotel but the use of bad language needs to be stopped in the bar when children are around .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for letting me know about the bad language that was used in the bar during your visit. I agree this must have been off putting and is not acceptable, our staff are trained to manage these type of situations, however, on this occassion it would appear that we haven't done so. Following your comments, I have re trained the staff on the bar to ensure they are reading these situations better, and dealing with them as they come up. Thank you for leaving us your comments. I do hope it thasn't put you off visiting us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 April 2012

just got back from a nights stay in the days hotel
well located just off portland street good room very clean very good breakfast included
car park opposite cheap too at £4 for all saturday and sunday

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose us again on your next visit.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in March. The hotel is ideally located for access to the city centre. It is a 10 minute walk from Piccadily Station and there is ample car parking close by. The standard rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. It can be noisy but then what city centre hotel isn't? The staff are very friendly and do everything they can to make you welcome. The conservatory bar and it's staff are excellent. We would stay again but probably in an executive room which are larger. Perfect hotel for a few nights in the city.

Room Tip: Chose an executive room overlooking the internal quadrangle.
1 Thank C H
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I will share them with the team. We look forward to looking after you again in the near future.
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I would say this hotel is ideally located if you are visiting Manchester to see a friend/family member who is a student at the uni or you are intending to spend time in the Canal Street area which is about 5 minutes away. If you are visiting for shopping, city centre nightlife or the MEN then although it is only about a 15 minute walk from Piccadilly station, there are similarly priced hotels which would be closer. If you do stay here though expect an average, bland, "budget" hotel and you won't be disappointed. The staff were efficient, the whole hotel appeared clean and tidy and the room was a decent size with a clean bathroom. Positives of the room: there were plenty of plug sockets, a fan and an iron and ironing board. Negatives of the room: stained carpet, water temperature in the shower seemed to change itself at will, quite a dated look over all. Neither outstanding nor terrible, I'd describe our stay here as 'pleasant'.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I would appreciate more information about the room you stayed in, as it concerns me that you encounterd issues with carpet stainage and shower service. The majority of our rooms have been recently refurbished, therefore, more information would assist me to pin point the housekeeping issue. I will message you directly to discus further. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have to be honest and say that I would never have thought about staying in a Days Inn hotel, I thought they were just motoway hotel type places (sorry for my ignorance). So when I seen the £10 per night offer in a Sunday paper and noted the hotel locations I was pleasantly surprised.

I booked two nights for me & my husband to celebrate my Birthday & at a later date I booked another two nights for our son to come with us as he had never been to Manchester before; his room cost £49 per night which was really good value. I was a bit worried about our son been in a room on his own as he has Autism & a learning disability and normally shares with a room with us.

When we arrived we were greeted with a lovely warm welcome from Cheryl, I asked for rooms next to each other & we were given rooms accross the corridor from each other. We were on level 3, we over looked the conservatory bar but our sons room looked out on street level where students attending the university parked their bikes. Both rooms were city doubles, yes compact but comfortable and well designed with every thing we needed. I noticed the ironing board was very cleverly concealed between the bathroom & the bed (though I never used it). We love our cups of tea & coffee so it was nice to see quality tea & coffee & even nicer to see complimentary biscuits! I loved the colour scheme of the room & the lighting.

The hotel is only a short 5 min walk from Piccadilly rail station & the town centre, Manchester is a vibrant city, we managed to see the Annie Lennox exhibition at the Lowry, Imperial war museum north, Arndale Centre, Had a meal in the Print works, Canal street was lovely at night with it's twinkling lights on the trees, had a ride on a tram etc etc ....so much to see and do in Manchester! We will return as I missed having a look around Harvey Nicols & the Trafford centre! We enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation and stay at the Days Hotel Manchester again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bunnywunny1
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, thank you so much for leaving us your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Hotel was ok, car park good right next door. noise is a problem, both in hotel corridor and outside, no air con in room.

Room Tip: away from courtyard
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I would like to discuss your feedback about the noise you encountered in more detail, to assist with staff training, I will therefore, drop you a message directly.
Wickford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The rooms are rather small and I would not recommend staying too long. A single person in double room was OK but I would think that it would be quite cosy with 2. That being said I stayed in a City double for one night and it was fine for waht I required. Great shower!

Room Tip: Minimum would be a City Double
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay, if you found the city double rooms to be compact, we do have the option of a larger work zone room. If you wish to have a look at them during your next stay we would be delighted to show them to you. We look forward to looking after you again very soon.