“Good value, central hotel”
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Good value, central hotel”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I went for a weekend away to manchester with my partner and stayed at the days hotel. The hotel is in a brilliant location. It is a 10 minute walk from picadilly train station but on this occasion we took the car and were able to park in a NCP across the road and paid only £9 Fri to Sun. Bars and restaurants in the oxford road and canal street areas are a 5 minute walk away. On the Saturday night we took a taxi to the northern quarter, (although walkable in flat shoes!), which cost £4. The rooms are a little on the small side but very clean and staff very friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Thank you for you great comments and for taking the time to post them. We look forwerd to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
The Potteries
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We chose this hotel because it is relatively near both the Manchester Apollo and Picadilly Station, and seemed to offer good value. The rooms are small, and have the feel of student accommodation, but they are clean, comfortable and well-equipped. The bed was very comfortable, and the shower was excellent. Best of all was the breakfast, which puts many so-called 4 star hotels to shame. As well as the staples, there was an excellent choice of poached fish and cooked meat. The staff were helpful and friendly, and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I have passed your comments on to the team and we look forward to looking after you again in the near future.
United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed one night for a business to Manchester University, for that purpose the location is perfect. Rooms feel a bit like student accommodation but given the reasonable price I don't complain. Staff were helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I choose the days hotel because i wanted to be near to the Apollo theater,its location was great 15 min walk to Apollo,or 30 seconds in mad taxi.
Also 15min walk to city center,just right, didn't want to be to close because of noise of enjoyment and merriment from late revelers.
The hotel is near the students quarters ,but we went when they were having a well earned break.
Also near the gay quarter.
Hotel was brilliant ,totally recomend it, 5 stars,every thing good,staff, food, rooms,great value for money.
Go stay there tell me if I'm wrong.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write down your lovely comments.
I will pass them on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manchester.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed here on a recent shopping trip having usually stay the Travelodge on Blackfriar Street, I decided to look elsewhere due to a recent bad stay so searched Hotels and found Days Inn. It had everything that we were looking for. The location is good but not quite city centre as stated but that is fine as it was walkable from the train station and only £5 for a taxi in the evening to the other side of town (needed when wearing large heels!) The staff were nice and welcoming, the hotel was clean and nicely decorated and the room had everything we needed. After the experience at Travelodge for more money it was a nice change. The food and restaurant looked nice but we ate out. I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for you great comments, we look forward to looking after you again on your next visit.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I was stay in this hotel for one night.
I asked about quiet room so far from main street. My room had windows for main very busy street, I was try sleep but this was not possible. This room was clean, but didn't look like on the web side.
I never will be recommend this hotel !!! Staff was nice only when call to me with apology's when charge my credit card for near 220 £

Room Tip: Room was on the front hotel - room 318
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kubica2010
I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occassion, we do have rooms overfacing the internal courtyard, however, most are external facing. I don't have a lot of detail to investigate why your requests were not honoured on this occassion, usually special requests are catered for as much as possible. I can only assume on this occassion that we were not able to provide a room due to bookings that were already in situ. If I could ask you to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss your stay with us in more detail. With regards to your room, 318 is a workzone room, they are larger that the city doubles, however, it is the city double that is pictured on the web site as we have more of them on site than the work zone.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

one nights stay in days hotel sackville stree t manchester it was clean , comfortable, excellent staff, good food,value for money when I go to manchester to go shopping that is the only place I will stay

Room Tip: choose a higher floor for less noise
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.