“Fantastic location, comfortable rooms, friendly staff but service in bar and restaurants needs to be improved!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

After a nightmare journey from london I found the hotel within easy walking distance of the station or via a short taxi ride. Checked in no problem via reception and was in my room in no time. At check in the duty manager explained a special menu they were offering along with a free drink offer. I went up to room, showered and changed and then for the next couple of hours has a fawlty tours moment. I went down to the bar to find it had a nice buzz but the bar man disappeared after serving 6 other guests, I then went up to the restaurant to find about 14 other people dining. The guy on duty basically turned me away until I got the duty manager who got me served but it took 2 hours for 2 courses. However the food was excellent! Breakfast the next a.m was also great. I would def go back again as great value and near bars and other places etc!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank richbowenuk
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide us with an online review following your recent stay with us here at the Days Hotel in Manchester.

Its great to hear that you found the staff were polite and welcoming and that you found your room to be perfect. Our location is ideal for the city's excellent shops, bars, museums and etc..
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The rooms are small here but well equipped and modern. Bed is a small double against the wall. Rooms are warm even with heating off you won't be cold. Breakfast was good with a adequate selection. There is a multi story car park over the road and it's only £2 a day at the weekends. Good location and handy for gay area and China town. A tip for the hotel if they ready these hints. Swap the spot lights above the beds to LED as the are too bright and too hot. Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gary488
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Days Hotel Manchester Centre city

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your comments.

We really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Best wishes

Front Of House Manager
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I really loved my one night stay at Days Hotel Manchester. When I arrived at the end of November there was a lovely welcoming atmosphere and Christmas music was playing. The staff are very friendly and helpful, both those behind the check-in desk and the guy working the coffee counter, who made a drink for me on request that wasn't on the menu.
The room was great, and spotlessly clean, although the heating wasn't working the room was warm enough. I mentioned the heating to the staff on check-out and they were very apologetic. The bed was lovely, I got a great nights sleep. There was tea, coffee, biscuits and chocolate provided, an ironing board and iron, fan, hair dryer and of course a tv with sufficient channels.
I arrived too late for me to consider eating dinner there, but taking a look at the menu there was a lot on offer, and at least 4 vegetarian options, which for me is important. The breakfast the next morning was delicious, and the restaurant is very nice.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank laura k
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and we are pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

Best wishes

York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

The worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay at. The evening menu when booked in advance doesn't change, daily soup should be entitled "monthly soup". Restaurant was cold, lifeless and staff were unwilling or incapable of dealing with queries. Safe was on the floor, so you had to be a safe cracker to use it, stairs all over - not great for disabled people. Paid £180 for a Saturday night I could go on a 5 star cruise ship for less. Facilities were none existent, away from human contact, not as described, the list is endless ....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I was disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your most recent stay with us and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times which it appears we did not achieve and we hope that you will allow us to redeem our reputation and choose to stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards
Milton Keynes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Difficult to find, Days sign is too small, shower rook was recently updated but
finish was poor, I booked vie laterooms.com, but it seems their system and Days system are missmatched, breakfast booking was not recognised so I was asked to pay for it, Room itself, comfortable bed,clean, but I was woken up at 3am, 330am 4am by noisy guests shouting and talking loud, walls are too thin. Staff on reception were ok but system training required.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide us with an online review following your recent stay with us here at the Days Hotel hotel Manchester city.

I am concerned to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, the staff are normally extremely helpful with any comments or feedback they receive, I would like to gather some further information about the issues you encountered during your visit, therefore, If you wish to discuss any of the issues you had during your stay in please email on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

Kind regards
Grantham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had a lovely 1 night stay, the reception staff,were very helpful, they let us leave our bags on day of departure while we went on our course, the room was very spacious, clean & well equipped.the location was perfect as only 5mins walk from railway station, our only grumble was the breakfast, they had run out of everything on the hotplate when we arrived and were very slow and long winded filling it up, but all in all a very pleasant trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with us, i am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. However i am sorry to hear that the breakfast was not what you expected. It is very rare that breakfast runs out of food, please accept our apologies for this.

I do hope you will visit us again soon,

Kind Regards

Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

arrived late at night with a very tired toddler. Receptionist struggled to understand english and couldn't identify my room booking. The fire alarm went off (false alarm) and it took about an hour from arrival before getting into our room. The double bed was two singles pushed together which wasn't great as we ended up having to put toddler to sleep between us to settle her given all the disruption earlier.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, i do understand how difficult it can be to travel with a baby late at night and please accept our apologies for the fire alarm going off, it is there for your health and safety.

Kind Regards