“Nice hotel... don't expect a decent nights sleep though!!”
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #49 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
UK
“Nice hotel... don't expect a decent nights sleep though!!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here the weekend before Xmas due to attending a local concert. Location of the hotel was perfect, couldnt fault it. Approx a 10 minute walk into the city centre/Xmas markets and just around the corner from the train station. We stayed at the weekend so it only cost us £4 to park from early Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon. We arrived quite early but the hotel very kindly let us check in around 2 hours early. The staff were all very helpful and food for breakfast the following morning was very good.

Room was a good size, had everything we needed including a hairdryer, iron, ironing board. No issues at all with the room, spotlessly clean.

Unfortunately there were some Japanese tourists staying on the same floor who seemed keen to make as much noise as possible, shouting, knocking, slamming doors etc. We were disturbed not just by them, but by many other people on the same floor, at various times throughtout the night/early hours due to people slamming doors. I have stayed in lots of hotels all over the world and the Uk and have never, ever stayed in a hotel before where the doors were so loud. This really needs looking at. Neither of us slept that night due to the constant noise. Yes it was a saturday night but people seriously need to have consideration for others.

No issue with the hotel at all but wouldn't go back purely because of the noise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
DaysMCC, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to note that you somehow notice the cleanliness of our rooms. We pride ourselves on our superior service and facilities and it is very regrettable that we failed to accomplish our goal on this occasion. Your experience was certainly not reflective of the high standards we consistently uphold in our property. I am very sorry to hear that you have been disturbed during your stay by other guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments will be forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident that they will take necessary actions to improve this unsatisfactory experience.

If you wish to discuss any of the issues you had during your stay in please email on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose us for your future travel needs.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed here for one night whilst having a Christmas night out with friends on Canal Street, its a perfect location being 3 minutes walk from where we were having a drink. The rooms and bedding are a little old fashioned but it was only 50 pounds a night and this was all about location. The room was clean and quiet and I got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay experience at Days Hotel Manchester City Centre.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again for your next visit.

Best Regards

London
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This place has minimal frills and maximum return for money. Friendly cheerful staff who make an effort to make you feel welcome. Good basic food. Comfortable for the price. My only comment is the lighting - would be better with a warmer ambiance in the rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Days Hotel Manchester City Centre.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

I am very sorry about the noise caused by the student during your stay and please accept our apologies.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again for your next visit.

Best Regards

Bidford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The location of this hotel is near the Uni and only a few mins walk from Piccadilly Train Station. We drove and followed the directions to the car park just around the corner and it cost £10 for 24hrs parking but is only £2 for 24hrs at the weekend!

Reception staff were really friendly and welcoming on arrival. We were checked in really fast and efficiently.

The rooms can only be described as compact but are adequate for 1 or 2 if you want to just sleep in the room, if you like hanging out in the room and relaxing I don't think this is the place for you.

The double bed is against the wall, there is hanging space, bag stall, a desk, small TV, hair dryer. The bathroom has a sliding door, but the shower had good power. Even larger people especially as a couple might well find the room too small!

Breakfast was surprisingly good, a very good selection and the staff seemed to keep on top of the hot buffet so items were not cold/ dry e.t.c.

I think for a cheap and cheerful hotel convenient to Manchester city centre you should consider this hotel.

Would I recommend this hotel - Yes
Would I stay here again - for the right occasion Yes

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Days Hotel Manchester Centre city

Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and we are pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

We really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Best wishes

Front Of House Manager
West Yokshire
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The room was very small, but adequate. I was going out for the evening, so just needed the bed and bathroom really. Would have appreciated better lighting. My main problem was that the room was cold. It had a small wall heater that kept cutting out, and a thin duvet. I was disturbed in the early hours a few times but this is during the Christmas period so unsurprising I suppose. It did mean, however that I was disturbed every hour until 3am and then couldn't get back to sleep....You get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I was disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your most recent stay with us and I would like to apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. I am very sorry about the noise caused by the other guest during your stay and please accept our apologies.

Also i will be passing your comments regarding your room onto the Housekeeping Manager.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was my second visit to the Days Hotel Manchester City. The hotel is well-situated, very close to Piccadilly Station, and also to both the City centre and the Canal Street area. Very nice hotel, friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Front Of House Manager
West Midlands
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I arrived in Manchester Picadilly and my accommodation plans fell through last minute. I looked up local hotels and the Days Inn was very close to the station. I walked into the hotel and enquired about a room. Mayra, the receptionist was pleasant and very helpful and check-in was very easy. She also helped me plan my journey for the next day in Manchester and booked me a taxi for me to get to my destination the next morning. I was staying in room 504 and this was a cosy double room, but very clean and well presented. I got breakfast the next morning which had quite a variety served via a buffet. This was also fine. Overall my stay was very enjoyable and I found the staff to be very nice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business