“Great hotel”

Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Blackburn
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is my usual hotel in Manchester and it is a fantastic and friendly place. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because the 'City' rooms I stay in are small (as they are converted student rooms). There are larger - but more expensive - rooms available though should you need one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Days Hotel Manchester Centre city

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

We really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Best wishes

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
Market Harborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Days Hotel was tip top value for money. I paid £55 for B&B and the room was small but totally cosy and comfy. Breakfast was good and the service throughout was professional and friendly. I would definitely use this hotel again for business trips.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will ensure that your kind words reach the team

Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and we are pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

Best wishes

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

dark man on reception to pushy to sell breakfasts and puts pressure on you to upgrade to more expensive room ,it was obivious he was on commission for extra sales. The last time i stayed at this hotel the other guy was really friendly with the blonde hair and very helpful. I was a bit disapointed with no early room to leave baggage before we could check in so we had to pay in to leave our baggae in and check in.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with us regarding your stay at the Days Hotel in Manchester.

I am sorry to hear that you felt pressured into upgrading your room, I assure you that is not how we want you to feel and I would also like to mention that the hotel does not work on a commission basis and our team do not receive anything when an upgrade offer is accepted.

Please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused and we do hope to see you again soon.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My Wife and I used my Wyndham Rewards to book a room at the Days Hotel Manchester on a Saturday Night in February. I am so glad I only wasted my free points, if I had paid to stay here I would've been devastated. We arrived early, parked the Car [not £2 as stated by others but £4, still reasonable] and asked to leave our bags in the luggage room whilst we had some lunch. The staff were friendly and helpful as they would prove to be for much of our stay. Our lunch was a simple snack that was passable. We checked into our room [316] and were immediately disappointed, I had asked for an upgrade and the room we were given was dated, small and very loud. The traffic noise was awful as was the fan that came on whenever you entered the bathroom. We wanted to leave within 30 seconds of entering. The noise from other guests throughout the night and the fact that the bed was as hard as granite left us without any sleep at all. We nearly left at 2am but had stupidly paid in advance for Breakfast. Do not have the Breakfast that too is awful. We left too tired to drive home and both in a very bad mood, worst Hotel stay we have ever had by a long, long way. Please steer clear.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with us regarding your stay with us at the Days Hotel Manchester. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We do always try to ensure all our guests are 100% happy when staying with us and will do our best to accommodate all your needs,as we are a busy city centre hotel we are in the heart of Manchester and it can be be very busy at times so noise is expected from time to time, if reception are notified of any complaint we will do our best to rectify the matter in this case by offering to move you to an alternative room.
With regards to the fan in the bathroom, this is in place as the bathrooms can get quite warm after showering and so an automatic fan will switch on, this will stop as you leave the bathroom.
I do hope you will choose to stay with us again and we hope to see you soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

it was great staying in Days inn hotel,
good breakfast,nice room, & friendly staff too,
only I didn't like that when arrived @ the hotel that I had to pay 60 pounds deposet & I don't know why cause I payed the fool staying there.
thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the breakfast.

Regarding the pre authorisation fee of £50 this is a deposit which is held in your account and does not actually leave your account and you will not be charged.

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I have passed them on to all our Team Members.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

It was very noisy during the night. The room was really tiny and the TV, temperature, insulation to outside were very bad. The personal were friendly but didn't say anythink about the town and didn't give tips to me. I do not feel in good hands and didn't enjoy the stay in Days Hotel Manchester. The Hotel is near the Gay Zone from Manchester with a lot of police there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and feedback. We very much appreciate all comments as they help us to focus on what is important to our guests. I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include Days Hotel Manchester City centre.

Front of House Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Brilliant service and great food. Only thing wrong is the price of a night's stay with breakfast was £105! Which i find quite pricey for one night even though brilliant hotel don't see why was that much. The breakfast was excellent and even though self service food was fresh and piping hot refilled every half hour and tea or coffee served at table.

• Stayed February 2014
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Mandy H

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. We do appreciate all the comments which are left from all our guests and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding our team members as it is our aim to constantly improve the standards of our service and accommodation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.