“Great value and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Andover
“Great value and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is very centrally located near the station. The rooms were clean and well laid out so that you could work and sleep well and the shower was great. The staff were friendly and helpful and it was also great value. I would heartedly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Days hotel Manchester city.

I will ensure that your kind words reach the team. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here almost entirely due to the price. At £49.00 (not including breakfast), around a third of the cost of the hotels we normally stay in on our Mcr trips. Despite the price the location was good, 5 minutes to Piccadilly Gardens/station and easily located when coming from the south by car. The nearby car-park was relatively cheap at £10 for the night and only a couple of minutes walk. Staff were friendly and professional. The room was small and very functional, however, it was clean, comfortable and well laid-out. For one night it was fine but wouldn't want to stay for more than a couple of evenings due to the room size unless I was on my own. The bed was fine and the room quiet. I feel we got exactly what we paid for and struggle to understand some of the negative comments. If you want a grander experience you will have to pay more money. Would come back if nearby hotels were charging high prices.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments regarding your stay with us at the Days Hotel Manchester I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope that you will visit us again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Everyone made me feel at home,they were really nice and helpful. The hotel is also in a great location with a reasonable price and also great rooms. An employee by the name of Marlon went out his way to help me and explain the area. Being my first time in manchester I actually want to move there after that experience.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay us at the Days Hotel Manchester city.

We understand from time to time mistakes can happen and we will do everything in our power to ensure your stay is as comfortable and stress free as we possibly can. We want you to have a memorable, reassuring stay with us and we hope to see you again soon

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting

Blackburn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is my usual hotel in Manchester and it is a fantastic and friendly place. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because the 'City' rooms I stay in are small (as they are converted student rooms). There are larger - but more expensive - rooms available though should you need one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Days Hotel Manchester Centre city

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

We really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Best wishes

Market Harborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Days Hotel was tip top value for money. I paid £55 for B&B and the room was small but totally cosy and comfy. Breakfast was good and the service throughout was professional and friendly. I would definitely use this hotel again for business trips.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will ensure that your kind words reach the team

Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and we are pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

Best wishes

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

dark man on reception to pushy to sell breakfasts and puts pressure on you to upgrade to more expensive room ,it was obivious he was on commission for extra sales. The last time i stayed at this hotel the other guy was really friendly with the blonde hair and very helpful. I was a bit disapointed with no early room to leave baggage before we could check in so we had to pay in to leave our baggae in and check in.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with us regarding your stay at the Days Hotel in Manchester.

I am sorry to hear that you felt pressured into upgrading your room, I assure you that is not how we want you to feel and I would also like to mention that the hotel does not work on a commission basis and our team do not receive anything when an upgrade offer is accepted.

Please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused and we do hope to see you again soon.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My Wife and I used my Wyndham Rewards to book a room at the Days Hotel Manchester on a Saturday Night in February. I am so glad I only wasted my free points, if I had paid to stay here I would've been devastated. We arrived early, parked the Car [not £2 as stated by others but £4, still reasonable] and asked to leave our bags in the luggage room whilst we had some lunch. The staff were friendly and helpful as they would prove to be for much of our stay. Our lunch was a simple snack that was passable. We checked into our room [316] and were immediately disappointed, I had asked for an upgrade and the room we were given was dated, small and very loud. The traffic noise was awful as was the fan that came on whenever you entered the bathroom. We wanted to leave within 30 seconds of entering. The noise from other guests throughout the night and the fact that the bed was as hard as granite left us without any sleep at all. We nearly left at 2am but had stupidly paid in advance for Breakfast. Do not have the Breakfast that too is awful. We left too tired to drive home and both in a very bad mood, worst Hotel stay we have ever had by a long, long way. Please steer clear.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with us regarding your stay with us at the Days Hotel Manchester. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We do always try to ensure all our guests are 100% happy when staying with us and will do our best to accommodate all your needs,as we are a busy city centre hotel we are in the heart of Manchester and it can be be very busy at times so noise is expected from time to time, if reception are notified of any complaint we will do our best to rectify the matter in this case by offering to move you to an alternative room.
With regards to the fan in the bathroom, this is in place as the bathrooms can get quite warm after showering and so an automatic fan will switch on, this will stop as you leave the bathroom.
I do hope you will choose to stay with us again and we hope to see you soon.