“Fantastic service and great value for money”
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #50 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Wigan
“Fantastic service and great value for money”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in several of the larger chain hotels in Manchester but I have to say this beats them hands down on value for money. The rooms are compact but tastefully decorated with everything you should need. The rooms are clean and the hair dryer fab. There is a Multi storey opposite which has an evening rate so again great value. The breakfast is lovely with a great selection to suit all tastes. The hotel has a handy location and the staff can't do enough for you. We will definitely be back for our next night out or shopping trip. Everything you need for a quick trip to the city.

• Stayed February 2014
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting the Manchester area.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Andover
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is very centrally located near the station. The rooms were clean and well laid out so that you could work and sleep well and the shower was great. The staff were friendly and helpful and it was also great value. I would heartedly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Days hotel Manchester city.

I will ensure that your kind words reach the team. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here almost entirely due to the price. At £49.00 (not including breakfast), around a third of the cost of the hotels we normally stay in on our Mcr trips. Despite the price the location was good, 5 minutes to Piccadilly Gardens/station and easily located when coming from the south by car. The nearby car-park was relatively cheap at £10 for the night and only a couple of minutes walk. Staff were friendly and professional. The room was small and very functional, however, it was clean, comfortable and well laid-out. For one night it was fine but wouldn't want to stay for more than a couple of evenings due to the room size unless I was on my own. The bed was fine and the room quiet. I feel we got exactly what we paid for and struggle to understand some of the negative comments. If you want a grander experience you will have to pay more money. Would come back if nearby hotels were charging high prices.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments regarding your stay with us at the Days Hotel Manchester I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Everyone made me feel at home,they were really nice and helpful. The hotel is also in a great location with a reasonable price and also great rooms. An employee by the name of Marlon went out his way to help me and explain the area. Being my first time in manchester I actually want to move there after that experience.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay us at the Days Hotel Manchester city.

We understand from time to time mistakes can happen and we will do everything in our power to ensure your stay is as comfortable and stress free as we possibly can. We want you to have a memorable, reassuring stay with us and we hope to see you again soon

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting

Blackburn
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is my usual hotel in Manchester and it is a fantastic and friendly place. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because the 'City' rooms I stay in are small (as they are converted student rooms). There are larger - but more expensive - rooms available though should you need one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Days Hotel Manchester Centre city

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

We really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Best wishes

Market Harborough
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Days Hotel was tip top value for money. I paid £55 for B&B and the room was small but totally cosy and comfy. Breakfast was good and the service throughout was professional and friendly. I would definitely use this hotel again for business trips.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will ensure that your kind words reach the team

Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and we are pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

Best wishes

Dublin
Reviewed 18 February 2014

dark man on reception to pushy to sell breakfasts and puts pressure on you to upgrade to more expensive room ,it was obivious he was on commission for extra sales. The last time i stayed at this hotel the other guy was really friendly with the blonde hair and very helpful. I was a bit disapointed with no early room to leave baggage before we could check in so we had to pay in to leave our baggae in and check in.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with us regarding your stay at the Days Hotel in Manchester.

I am sorry to hear that you felt pressured into upgrading your room, I assure you that is not how we want you to feel and I would also like to mention that the hotel does not work on a commission basis and our team do not receive anything when an upgrade offer is accepted.

Please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused and we do hope to see you again soon.