“HORRIBLE!!!”

Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Pasadena, California
“HORRIBLE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

If you're looking for a hotel that gives you a nice, peaceful and relaxing time...FORGET IT!! The service is good and the accommodations OK but during the 5-days I was there on business I got hardly any sleep or peace or quiet. The guests are RUDE, LOUD and have no sense for time. I got woken up on every godly hours of the night. Either by drunken rudeness or extremely loud music or out disturbing and vial sounds. If you are looking for a College life experience then this is the hotel for you. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT TO MY WORSE ENEMY!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with us regarding your stay with us at the Days Hotel Manchester. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We do always try to ensure all our guests are 100% happy when staying with us and will do our best to accommodate all your needs, as we are a busy city centre hotel we are in the heart of Manchester and it can be very busy at times so noise is expected from time to time, if reception are notified of any complaint we will do our best to rectify the matter in this case by offering to move you to an alternative room.

I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times which it appears we did not achieve and we hope that you will allow us to redeem our reputation and choose to stay with us again in the future.

Please may I request you contact me directly to discuss your stay in more detail on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived here yesterday on the 23rd March and am staying until the 26th...I arrived early at around midday, so I was expecting to wait until I could check in, however the gentleman on duty at the time, Gus, was extremely helpful, and as a room was available checked me in... Mentioning if I joined the hotel programme I would automatically received early and late check outs...Gus, also gave me extensive knowledge of places I wanted to visit here. I believe he is a credit to your brand, and as a first point of contact, excellent...
The room, 431, is small, but cosy, and quite...there is a flat screen TV, with a limited amount if channels, but channels you would normally watch...
Breakfast is good, I'm a vegetarian, and a special mention for the mushrooms, which are the best I've ever tasted....
All in all, a great location, minutes away from the train and bus station, and a 5 minute walk into the centre....

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Days Hotel Manchester City Centre.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again for your next visit.

Best Regards

Marnach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Nice hotel wel situation few steps from the station. The room is very clean and confortable and the staff is very friendly.
Breakfirst is also terrible so I trully recommand this hotel. Only problem were noise from next room and I also saw a extra fee for late check out.

Dear Guest

I am very sorry about the noise caused by the other guests during your stay and please accept our apologies.

Best Regards

Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very friendly and competent staff. The classic room was nice, clean and spacious enough. Hotel is at the city center with lots of amenities within working distance. Breakfast buffet was a delight. Did not like the smell of cigarette along the corridors even though no smoking signs were on all room doors. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Front Of House Manager
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

stayed 1 night to visit palace theatre.only 10 minute walk to theatre and shopping area.very friendly and helpful staff.rooms fine with everything you need.great buffet breakfast.car park across road£2 per day Saturday and sunday

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving us such fantastic comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again very soon.

Front o House Manager
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I visited the Days Hotel with my fiance two weeks ago, and I am so glad to have stayed at this gem! The hotel is ideally located close to Piccadiilly station and close to the city centre. We were greeted warmly by check in staff who provided very clear information whilst also taking an interest in the purpose of our stay which is a nice touch. It was also nice to receive a free drinks voucher which could be used at the hotel restaurant.

The room was extremely spacious and everything worked perfectly. Every facility imaginable was included which makes such a nice change.

Most commendable was the fact that the hotel had assigned a member of staff to reception area at night with a list of guests and their rooms, which ensured that only guests could return to the hotel. My Fiance and I felt extremely secure and admire the professionalism shown by all staff at all times.

Finally we were greeted to a 'help yourself' breakfast buffet which showed a wide variety of hot and cold breakfast items, all prepared a presented beautifully! We were definitely set for the day ahead!

When visiting Manchester again, I would not hesitate to book this hotel! Great service at a great value!!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. We do appreciate all the comments which are left from all our guests and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and we are pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel

Castlerea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel is right beside Manchester Piccadilly which is very handy, especially as we were paying just a flying visit. It is central enough - just a short taxi ride to the centre for shopping etc. I'm sure there are buses too but we weren't there long enough to find out. The male receptionist (whose name I don't remember) was on both the afternoon we arrived and the morning we left and was very helpful.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. We do appreciate all the comments which are left from all our guests and it is always nice to hear when a guest has really enjoyed their stay with us.

Kind Regards