The Pendulum Hotel
REM Hotel(Manchester)
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
1,800 results
All reviewsgarden barmanchester conference centrecompact roomcanal streetconference facilitiesironing boardpalace theatregay villagepiccadilly stationshort stayfull englishfew minutes walkreception staffbreakfast was excellentwould stay againbudget hotelone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

All was OK. The only exception is that the fire doors can not be used for going out of the hotel. Also there will be good to offer some inside possibility for smokers. E.g. before the fire doors :-))).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Marek L

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Days hotel Manchester city, we have to designated areas for smoking which is at the front of the hotel and at the door of the main bar area as we are a non smoking building. Also regarding the fire doors,these are not for public everyday use they are for an emergency exit only.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you again.

Front of House manager

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was there for a conference. The facilities were great and the dinner was nice. The hotel room was comfortable enough but wasn't luxurious. It was a bit too warm. The doors were a bit flimsy. Everytime someone shuts a door on the same corridor I thought someone was trying to come into my room. Some of the staff were friendly but some were a bit grumpy/abrupt.

1  Thank Katherine L
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at the Days Hotel, Manchester city. Comments such as yours are truly valuable to us as we strive to deliver the best possible service and product to our guests.

While I thank you for the kind comments shared about several members of the team you encountered during your time with us, I was very disappointed to read that you felt some of the team members you encountered were a bit grumpy/abrupt, it is not our normal expectations from our team.I have taken note of your valuable comments and these shall be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you again for for posting your comments.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Days Hotel Manchester in nicely tucked into a quiet street. The rooms are compact and very neat with excellent furnishings. Reception stafff as well as Restaurant staff were polite and professional.. It s within walking distance of Manchester Picadilly train station. I recommend the hotel for anyone visiting the City for Business or a Coty break

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely comments about your recent stay with us. We do appreciate all the comments which are left from all our guests and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel

Best Regards

Reviewed 9 April 2014

we asked for early reservation and it was confirmed but when we arrived there was no room available,we room should haven been £221 but they actual blocked £345 and when we left the blocked another 221. the 345 was removed from my account on the day of arrival and then the 221 removed on the day of departure, i am still waiting on the money to be returned

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Vicky R

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay.

Regarding the early reservation (early check in ) we don't guarantee this service as this is subject to availability however I am sorry for the miss information which has been given to you when you made your reservation, I have taken note of your valuable comments and these shall be taken into consideration in our efforts in continuing to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Regarding the amount of the £345 we blocked on check in this amount will not be taken from you account this amount is only pre-authorisation and on check out when we complete the pre-authorisation we only take the amount on the bill after the guest check it, sometimes customers who paid for the room in advance and have left pre-authorisation on check in we do cancel them on the day of the departures and this takes time to process.

The pre-authorisation to be realised will take up to 5 working days depending on the customers bank and I am sure if you check with your bank that money should be realised back to you by then.

Please may I request you contact me directly to discuss your stay in more detail on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night on 5th April to attend a function in the city . Location is great , just a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly station and for us another 5 minute walk into the Village .
We were checked in with a minimum of fuss and all the facilities were explained to us .
The room was small and with quite poor lighting , but the bed was lovely and comfy .
Breakfast was delicious , a hot serve yourself buffet with excellent choices .
Every member of staff was polite and had a smile on their face .
All in all a perfectly good city centre , chain hotel . Ideal for a short stay in the city .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments, it's nice to hear that we have looked after you so well.

I will ensure that your kind words reach the team. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards