“Convenient nice hotel and lovely staff”
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #47 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were welcomed by very friendly staff, who were helpful throughout our stay. The room was comfortable, well equipped and decorated. The breakfast was excellent, lots of choices. Gluten and wheat free bread was provided for my special diet. We were conveniently placed for central Manchester and the event that we were attending. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Chris W

Thank you for your review and kind comments from which I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I was delighted that you found our rooms comfortable, breakfast was excellent and our staff polite and professional. I have passed your kind comments on to all the Team as I know they will be pleased to have made a difference.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the overall appearance of the hotel, very dated and shabby! Both doubles we booked needed a major refurb, very dated, plaster falling off walls, bath rocked from side to side in one double room and the other rooms leaked on to the floor! Dirty bed clothes, bed was pretty much done! I don't expect much when you don't pay top end prices but I've never been so disappointed like this before. Breakfast was ok just what you'd expect from a buffet, dried up but good if you get the fresh refills. I don't think I'd stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kizzy_91

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on our hotel. We are very disappointed to read your review and would like you to contact us in regards to this

Our hotel is undergoing a refurbishment at the moment, and quite surprised to see your comment about the cleanliness. This has been passed on to our Housekeeping manager who will do a full investigation.

Once again we thank you for leaving feedback and would like you to contact us so we can discuss this issue with in more depth

jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a really good location and is right on top of The Gay Village also with lots of pubs, niteclubs, cafes, newsagents and take-aways in a 5 minute walking radius. 10 minutes walk away is china town and also Picadilly gardens which is the heart of the city...
about £5 in a cab from the hotel to granada studios to see the Coronation street tour and also it is 8 minutes away (in a cab) from Man Uniteds Old Trafford stadium.
The Printworks is behind picadilly gardens and the hotel is also a 3/4 minute walk from picadilly station which gets u in and out of the airport in about 15 minutes.
Hotel was spotless.
Staff were nice and friendly.
only downside was tat our tea tasted of coffee on our first morning as if the pot wasnt cleaned right but was fine on our second morning.
And we were required to give a deposit upon check-in to cover any costs charged to our room. £25 if u use a card for the deposit or else £50 for a cash deposit. Most hotels do this now so very little complaints. Happy with our stay. Young Couple from Dublin

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Damian7

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I have passed all your kind comments on to our Team Members as I know that they will be pleased to have made a difference.

I have noted your constructive feedback regarding the tea tasted of coffee on your first morning and have passed this on to our Operations manager. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Jay Ghannem
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked this room thinking it would be easy to get to local bars and restaurant and convenient for a one night stay... We were wrong! Couldn't be more out of the way. (Suppose it's ok if you know your way round Manchester). Pictures on the website were misleading, we thought we were getting a spacious bedroom with facilities that actually work but it was like living in a matchbox for a night. The iron leaked water everywhere, the tv only had 4 channels and it just wasn't worth what we paid. On the upside, it was clean. Would be alright for one person on a business trip for a night but definitely not for couples! Definitely somewhere more central and well known for our next stay!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ShanPill94

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about our hotel. We are very disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay and thought the location was out of the way

Our location is a straight forward 10 minute walk from the City centre and just down the road from Canal street. Maps are available at reception and staff are more than happy to direct you to places you want to go

In regards to the iron in the room I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping manager who will do a full investigation as to why this occurred

Once again we thank you for taking the time to write a review

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Location was ideal minutes from Canal Street. Stayed 2 nights room was clean and tidy but small. Breakfast was good with plenty choice. Only 1 lift working during our stay and that broke down the day we were leaving so we had to struggle with our luggage down stairs. All in all this hotel is good value for the money you pay.

Dear Scotshe

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay

We do apologise for any inconvenience that the lift may have caused. Maintenance work was being carried out and the lifts were up and running as quickly as possible

thank you again and hope to see you in the future

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed one night on April 16th 2014 and have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the room was. Especially the shower room. The bed was comfortable, the temperature in the room was perfect (for me). The room was small but for my requirements I was pleased.

The reception staff on check in and check out where both friendly yet professional.

This was a business trip and should I need to travel to Manchester again I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to colleagues/friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Twillia81

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recommendation to others.

It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and once again thank you for your comments.

Jalel Ghannem

Front of House Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The room was not what the hotel says it looks like. The room was so small and there was not enough space. The iron when I went to iron my shirt leaked all over my shirt so I had to wait till it dried before I could go out and enjoy the night out. The only good thing about the hotel is the staff which where helpful and didn't mess you around and didn't make you wait for ages. Also my nights sleep was awful as the only one pillow I got had hardly anything inside it so It was basically empty. Very disappointed on the experience and wouldn't recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear William R

Thank you for the positive comment regarding our staff. We strive to give the best customer service possible

In regards to the comment about the room, we have been looking into this and are currently replacing the pillows for a better grade and quality. We are also currently undergoing refurbishment in all the rooms

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and your feedback will help us improve our standards