“Excellent stay”

Ranked #49 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Adlington, Lancashire
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here for a night whilst in town to attend a concert at the Apollo. The staff on reception were very efficient despite it being busy due to there being a wedding on.
Yes as others have said the standard rooms are small but we were only looking for somewhere clean and a comfy bed for the night and this fitted the bill. The receptionist booked us a taxi and was also able to answer our queries.
We had a couple of drinks in the conservatory when we got back from the concert and fould the 2 bar staff to be pleasant and efficient.
We both had very good nights sleep and after a shower (which was very powerful) we made our way to the Hub for breakfast which we found plentiful and quite good although some of the hot food was only lukewarm. The staff were very attentive though and made the experience enjoyable.
If we were ever in Manchester for a night we would say here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear jamjar22_12

Thank you for your review from which I was delighted that you had a excellent stay with us. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comments about our Team.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and once again thank you for your comments.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Me and my sister were going to see McBusted at the Phones4U arena and needed somewhere to stay close by that wasn't expensive and had somewhere to park.
The Days Hotel doesn't have its own car park but literally around the corner there is a multistorey that only charges £2 a day on Saturday and Sundays. Overnight stay was £4, bargain!!
As for the hotel, the staff were extremely polite and helpful, it was easy to check in. The room was on the small side, ie. the double bed was against a wall, but it was comfortable, clean and there was enough room for sleeping, getting changed etc. The bathroom was nice with a good sized shower and it was lovely and powerful.
We paid for breakfast when we booked and that was fabulous! Full English, continental etc. buffet breakfast. Anything you want its there really. I was very full as I wanted to try a bit of everything haha! The only thing I would say is get there earlier rather than later as the later it is, it gets busier so you might be waiting for eggs or something.
I would definitely stay there again if I go to another concert, night out or even just a shopping trip. It is about 5/10 mins walk from the shops and about 20mins from the arena. But there are always free buses if you are feeling lazy anyway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Richard T

Thank you for your review and kind comments from which I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I was delighted that you our staff were extremely polite and helpful .

It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to all the Team, especially to Ben.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was typical of a chain, but the rooms were the smallest I've ever seen. Half the size of a 'regular' double room. They are literally the size of a walk-in closet. Thankfully they were clean.

Don't bother with the restaurant - the dishes were mediocre at best. We were at the hotel for two nights & had the misfortune of being booked on a dinner & breakfast rate. The salads were greens plonked on a plate, meat dishes were dry and salty, and the soups were foul. Chips were the best thing on the menu - we ordered separate portions with our meals. Breakfast was standard fare, nothing special.

Dinner service was quite poor. On both evenings it took 30 mins for the waiters to take our orders and then another 30 mins before we got our starters. The waiters seemed to struggle to keep the orders straight and we had to keep asking for items they had missed. We arrived at 6:30p and didn't get out until close to 9:00p and that wasn't because we were chatting. There are lots of restaurants in close proximity to hotel, so definitely dine out.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear tysonbeckford10

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your constructive feedback. I was obviously disappointed to hear of the issues which arose during your stay and would apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I have asked the Management Team involved to investigate the issues further. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times and hope that you will reconsider when booking a night away again and choose to stay with us in the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies for the issues which arose and for any inconvenience which may have been caused.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The advantage of this hotel is its close proximity to Picadilly Station. I cannot fault the staff but for £82, the room was tiny (don't believe the pics) and the price didn't include breakfast which is an additional payment of £7.95. The room was clean thou the view of a concrete courtyard wasn't the most appealing. The shower was easy to use and the most important aspect was that the bed was comfortable and I got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear ultrabox

Thank you for your review and kind comments from which I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the Hotel is conveniently located for you. I have passed your kind comments on to the Team Members as I know that they will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay. I have noted all your comments and would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in Manchester.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Good use of room space, had everything needed. Had iron & ironing board,coffee/tea facilities,hairdryer etc. Nice friendly efficient staff. Close to China Town.Would recommend Try Thai for food it was delicious! Would stay there again. Also very close to Piccadilly station.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear janewealthall

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments. I was pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly, efficient and the Hotel location convenient to the Town Centre and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too future and thank you again for your comments.

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Wanted a hotel that was central for shopping, restaurants, and bars, so it was an ideal location. Bar staff in Conservatory were very friendly, we also had dinner there which was excellent. Double room was very comfy and clean, did feel it could have had an extra light, maybe a lamp as we didn't always want the ceiling light on. Breakfast was also very good,only complaint Cold Plates which is a pet hate.

Room Tip: Book a classic room instead of a city room as these are smaller
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear roryboy2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them. I have noted your comments regarding the cold plates in the breakfast and have passed this on to our Operation Manager for further investigation. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and once again thank you for your comments.

Front Of House Manager
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I recently booked to stay at the days hotel Manchester.
Called a couple of weeks before to confirm booking as no email was sent, called booking.com twice & no track of my booking.
Called direct to the hotel & still no trace. Assumed wasted booked, today the 8th & the money for the stay has been taken out of my account even though they know I did not stop at the hotel & was told previous no booking had been made.
Apparently spoken to the manager at days hotel & he not once gave me his name, while always talking over the top of me while trying to explain. Terrible customer service & no help what so ever!
Stay clear of this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple