“Show at the Apolo Manchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Southport
“Show at the Apolo Manchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel when we were going to see Sarah Millican at the Apollo on the 1st of May 2014, although at first glance it looks more of a business hotel, the welcome is professional and also personal, we arrived early and was politely asked if we would like to book into our rooms early if we joined their loyalty card, which we did with minimal fuss, we where then asked how many key cards we would like and then the times and place for dinner/breakfast were explained to us, if we would like a call in the morning and or paper ordered for us, and then simple directions to our room made it a pleasant and quick booking in.
The hotel its self is on the Manchester university campus and also very near to either Piccadilly station 5-7 min walk and Oxford street station 5-10 min it is also a brisk 15-20 min walk to the Apollo so ideally located to explore most of central Manchester.. the room we got was compact but well presented and had all the things you would expect from a city hotel. Breakfast was a hot buffet style in a bright and modern dining room, something for everyone from cereal/fruit/yoghurt, through to full English, Over all a very nice hotel and if we go to a show in Manchester again I would not hesitate to use Days again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iceman21168
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear iceman21168

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our hotel

We are very happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you in the near future

Thank you once again for such a great review

John Barfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I don't mind a budget hotel but this really was the pits! On arrival the room stank of smoke, rang down to reception who couldnt move me as the hotel was full. They sent up a very obliging member of staff with an air-freshener spray (declined as they get up my nose!), the only other solution was to open the window. The window as it turned out neither opened nor closed and was permanently ajar - very noisy from the street below.

Room service (working late and no time to go out for food) was not great - they didn't have anything I wanted from their menu, but the staff were very obliging and even sent me a complimentary dessert to make up for the room.

Bed was uncomfortable, bathroom door a bit broken so I almost got entirely stuck in there!

Worse still, they've charged me for the bottle of wine which was in the room which I definitely did not touch. Still trying to resolve this. Luckily I checked my credit card statement in detail this month.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FairyTwinkles
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear FairyTwinkles

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I was disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your most recent stay with us and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times which it appears we did not achieve and we hope that you will allow us to redeem our reputation and choose to stay with us again in the future.

If you wish to discuss any of the issues you had during your stay in please email on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

Jay Ghannem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel at short notice for £99 for 2 people b&b. Amazing value for a beautiful hotel. Rooms clean and tidy, all staff friendly and helpful, and a lovely breakfast with loads of choice. Will definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Alison J

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. We strive to give the best customer service possible and it makes it very rewarding to hear such good reviews

Thank you once again and hope to see you in the near future

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I found the Days Hotel to be well located for the center of Manchester and very suitable for a solo business trip.
Check in was swift and efficient and my room on the 5th floor quiet and of a good size.
I chose a continental breakfast which was good. The cooked breakfast looked food and the buffet was regularly replenished.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear JonBar67

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel, and we really appreciate your positive feedback

We aim to make things easy and efficient for our guests, with the best possible customer service we can provide

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Having stayed in many hotels I was really pleasantly surprised by this reasonable priced hotel. The staff could not do enough for you and made sure we had a good time. Breakfast was lush and plenty of it. Special mention to Tom who seemed to be working all the time we were there ! The rooms were spotless and had everything you needed although a little on the small side. I would stay here again without a moments hesitation. Well done !

Room Tip: All rooms held by our friends were clean and quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear 25Sunseeker

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I have passed all your kind comments on to our Team Members as I know that they will be pleased to have made a difference.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and once again thank you for your comments.

Jalel Ghannem
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here a few times, has always been good. Tonight upon our arrival back to the hotel we were chatting whilst walking to our room. No sooner had we shut the door there was a knock. A member of hotel staff told us to keep the noise down. Ridiculous.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Richard T

Thank you for your review and feedback. We very much appreciate all comments as they help us to focus on what is important to our guests.I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Jalel Ghannem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Thank you for a great stay ,The rooms were clean and tidy ,staff so friendly ,Will definitely stay again .The hotel was near the train station and for canal street which is why we went here ,the only bad thing i would say breakfast was a bit disorganized ,once again thank you x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear charmail

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with us regarding your stay at the days hotel in Manchester.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us greatly and found our rooms were clean and tidy and staff so friendly during your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel

Kind regards,