“Awesome!”
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #46 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I spent one day and one night in this hotel in order to tour Manchester United Stadium.My dream came true to visit Old Trafford and the home of my favourite football/soccer team, AWESOME! Food was good, area excellent, my room was clean and pleasant. I would definitely stay in this hotel again, thank you!
Novelette

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Days Hotel Manchester City Centre.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again for your next visit

Front Of House Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,762)

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel to attend the Color Run and will not be booking with them again.

We had called the hotel prior to booking to see if we would be able to check in earlier than the stated 2:00pm check-in and were told we would be able to check in from 12:00pm as some rooms would be available. So we were extremely annoyed when we turned up at half 12, and not in the cleanest of states as you can imagine after completing the color run, and told quite rudely that we couldn't check in until 12. There was no offer of even checking if there were any rooms available. We were told to "go away and come back at 2".

We went to the bar area instead to wait. We had to ask the staff to serve us as they were too busy chatting at the end of the bar and then moaned when we paid for our extremely overpriced drinks as they didn't have any change in the till! Sorry but we are paying customers and surely every business has a basic float made up of all change to prevent such things happening. We took our drinks out onto the terrace (patio area with broken chairs, cluttered with empty glasses and overlooked by all of the hotel rooms). The bar staff at no point in the hour and a half we were there attempted to clear up the empty glasses that were across all of the tables despite the bar being very quiet.

We went back to the check in desk at 2pm as told and got told by the new lady on reception after seeing that we were covered in paint that we could have checked in early and couldn't believe that the earlier woman hadn't allowed us to but there was no apology. She was nice enough though, just a shame she hadn't served us earlier.

We checked in to our room. The room was tiny. We are used to staying in London so are used to big cities having smaller than usual rooms but this was ridiculous! It was smaller than my box room at home and was definitely not big enough for two people. The room was hot and stuffy. Luckily we were provided with a small fan as the windows couldn't be opened further than a crack. Not that you could have the curtains open at any point as the room was completely overlooked by the rooms opposite and to the left as we were in the corner. Also looked over the patio area from the bar.

Woken as usual throughout the night by constant noise from the doors slamming and then at 6 in the morning by the cleaners slamming doors and talking and shouting.

The hotel is run down and could do with being given some love and attention and the staff could do with some customer service training.

The hotel is in a great location for reaching the nightlife of canal street but there are cheaper and nicer hotels around which I will be using in future.

Will not be recommending and will not be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank HenL87
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear HenL87

Thank you for your review and feedback. We very much appreciate all comments as they help us to focus on what is important to our guests. I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Thank you again for your comments.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is actually in a conference centre, and nicely located for a night on the town.
Its just a short walk from the Piccadilly railway station.
The room I had was very basic no wardrobe just a place to hang clothes, no fridge.
There was ironing equipment in the room which came in handy for my glad rags.
The best thing was the breakfast best I have had in a hotel for a long tome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments. I was pleased to hear that you found our breakfast was the best and the Hotel location convenient to the Town Centre and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too future and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is ok and the staff are friendly but try to get a caffe at the coffee bean cafe in reception is nothing short of impossible. Twice i tried, ended up going off into Manchester to get a coffee instead, very poor service indeed, although to be fair the reception did try to find the staff responsible, seems they were busy doing other things.....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karlc12karl
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I was disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your most recent stay with us and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times which it appears we did not achieve and we hope that you will allow us to redeem our reputation and choose to stay with us again in the future.

If you wish to discuss any of the issues you had during your stay in please email on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

They charge 10 £ for early check-in (before 14 h), while room is already available... Room is very hot; you can open the window only for 10 cm. No airco. The sound of slamming room doors all the time is terrible (it is impossible to close your room door silently). The room is not sound proof. Don't expect a silent evening or night. Poor choice of tv channels: only 10 and no international channels (no CNN, no euronews,...) Breakfast is ok (buffet) but coffee or tea is only served at your table and most of the time you have to wait long for your hot drinks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Schrampa1

I am very disappointed to read that your stay with us was so as you expected. I would like to extend my apologies for your stay, at the hotel we strive to deliver the best service possible to our guests and I am sorry that during your stay this was not the case.

Please be assured that I have taken all your comments on board and I will be discussing them with the team. If you would like to contact me directly I will be happy to discuss these matters further.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel and used the conference facilities  over 5 days in Manchester.

Having worked very closely with the staff the throughout, I would like thank the conference team: Jay, corrine and Ben for their flexibility,  attention and willingness to support a very dynamic booking.

I commend the multitasking, perseverance and patience of the reception team, especially mayra,  Lucia and a bulked out gentlemen whose name escapes me.  Very understanding of our requirements for printing and photocopying (an essential quality of mine).  Special mention to Lucia who is still a trainee, for addressing my requests with same grace and composure I would expect from a senior member of staff.

Finally, thanks to the support staff for making everything run smoothly and for working very hard behind the scenes.

I would like to commend the quality staff at the mcc.

Eric

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Eric0001 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting the Manchester area.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I recently attended a conference here and used the hotel's facilities. An easy ten minutes walk from Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station, the hotel is clean and modern. It feels bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside! Very welcoming in that the first thing you encounter on entering is not the usual boring reception, but a cheerful coffee bar.

The conference facilities were very good and everything worked as it should. The piped music is a bit on the loud side. There are plenty of staff, all of whom seem keen to look after the guests and keep them happy. The catering deserves special praise, with pastries and cakes of the delicious home-made type, and hot meals cooked and presented very well. The salmon steaks were as good as they get. Even the fresh fruit served was very fresh and with plenty of choice.

Recommended as a very friendly and pleasant choice of conference venue, conveniently central to Manchester and national rail links.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Quixwood ,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely comments about your recent stay with us. We do appreciate all the comments which are left from all our guests and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel

Best Regards