“Brilliant staff and venue”
Review of The Pendulum Hotel

The Pendulum Hotel
Ranked #46 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My company held their staff day at the Manchester Conference Centre. We had booked both the Cotton and Pioneer theatre spaces. Both were clean, tidy and well lit.
The staff were fantastic on the day, always present to sort anything we needed. Very helpful
when it came to the technical set up and I hope that we go back next year.
A great venue to use.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Jeff D

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Days Hotel Manchester Centre city.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.
Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and we are pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback and we really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester

Kind regards

Front Of House Manager

There are newer reviews for The Pendulum Hotel

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Third time staying at this hotel great location and near all amenities.The room had everything we needed and was spotless the only downside to my stay on this occasion was the pre authorising of my card which had not been done on previous stays.Money went out and took 4 days to go back in which left us short when we returned home will hopefully stay again as it is a really nice hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Julie S

Thank you for taking the time to write your review from which I was delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I have passed them on to everyone concerned.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in Manchester City. Thank you again for your comments.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel with my mother for a trip to Manchester. Neither of us had been before. Manchester, yes I would go again. This hotel, no.

When we arrived the lady at reception asked us to pay for our room which we had already paid for. She then handed my mum the card machine which had £25 on it. She did not explain to us how the hotel operates. My mum had to politely ask why she was charging us £25 on arrival to which she responded, "oh yes, ofourse".

The room was small but initially I thought it was ideal, cosy. However, during the night was absolutely roasting!

We had dinner in the restaurant that evening. The food was delicious and the service was great. We were served by a young man, from France I believe. The first impressions were soon distant memories after we visited the bar. The bar man was rude and made us feel very uncomfortable.

On departure it was no surprise that we suddenly had all these charges. Eventually, after 4 attempts, we came to the expected charge. The receptionist explained that our orders had been duplicated by mistake. A mistake too many in my eyes.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kerona
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Kerona

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very disappointed to read that your stay with us was so as you expected. I would like to extend my apologies for your stay, at the hotel we strive to deliver the best service possible to our guests and I am sorry that during your stay this was not the case.

I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. We hope that you will allow us to redeem our reputation and choose to stay with us again in the future.

If you wish to discuss any of the issues you had during your stay in please email on jalelg@days-mcc.co.uk with a note of your contact details and I will make arrangements to contact you.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed one night - good size room, clean, tidy. Receptionist was great, Would recommend this to anyone - wanted a good hotel at a good price. We got our room early, when booking on line I could only get a double but on arrival was able to switch to a twin - the next morning the receptionist remembered the switch and asked if everything was ok with the change.. top marks for remembering (its the little things that make the difference)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear lorra4ne

We really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Best wishes

Jalel Ghannem

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Something very wrong is going on at this hotel. After leaving the hotel I was contacted by the manager saying that I had been smoking in my room and they are taking the deposit from me. I do not smoke, never have as I play a lot of sport. Either someone managed to get in the room or there is some very dodgy people working at this hotel, be advised!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Andrew T

Dear Andrew T

Thank you for taking the time to write your review,I am concerned to hear your feedback, we are a strictly no smoking hotel, therefore, there should be no smells of cigarettes in the room. If guests refuse to abide by the rules, we woud charge them for thorough cleaning on departure. The standard is then that the room is put out of service until it has been thoroughly cleaned. The feedback here suggests that we have failed to meet our normal standard of service and I will contact you under seperate cover to discuss the exact details to allow me to investigate.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here for business and was very impressed with the hotel. It offers great comfort in modern rooms in a very central location. Breakfast was great and the quality of the food was very high. Will absolutely be staying again.

1  Thank ap_0011
DaysMCC, Front Office Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear ap_0011

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments and we are very pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us.It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

We hope to welcome you to the hotel again soon,

Kind Regards
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2014

what a great member of staff you have at the hotel i have been working at the hotel over the past few days and had my lunch in the hotel and i must say what a asset a member of staff he is to your company his name is Ben. i do hope you can pass this on to him.

Thank you for making me feel so welcome.

Joanne Walker