1,894 results
All reviewsgarden barmanchester conference centrecompact roomcanal streetconference facilitiesironing boardpalace theatregay villagepiccadilly stationshort stayfull englishreception staffbreakfast was excellentwould stay againstayed for one nighttea and coffeecooked breakfast
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The rooms are very small and very hot. My room was located on the 4th floor which overlocked the courtyard area which does have a lovely atmosphere during the evening.

I would like to mention William on the bar who provided our group with some laughs!

Decor is slightly dated and my bathroom door had chunks of wood missing.

Overall excellent location if you need to be here Canal street and it's only a stones throw away but wouldn't recommend staying here for more than 1 night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Pendulumhotel, Deputy General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Many thanks for your review Isabelle W, we value all feedback that we receive, we are constantly looking at ways to improve our products and services in order to enhance our guests' experience. I am pleased to hear that William on the bar helped to make your stay more enjoyable and I will pass your comments onto him. We hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Clean and extremely friendly hotel. Reception, bar staff are all fantastic. Mayra on reception is amazing and I will defiantly stay again. The room was small but more than adequate. Being a short walk from the gay village was perfect over the pride weekend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your review ChrisAshworth1967, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay over the Pride weekend and our team here looked after you. I will pass on your kind comments to Mayra. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I requested a room at the front of the building because last time I stayed at the back the room was over the bar and it was a bit noisy for me, this room was at the front and very nice and clean. I always book the classic room as I prefer the bigger room, there was a slight problem with closing the window but I rang reception and some came within a few minutes and though he also had problems we managed to get it shut so he said he would report it to maintenance and I was able to shut it after that. I have stayed at this hotel many times and my biggest bug bear applied here as with any hotel that uses cold plates for hot food, this year however following several reviews highlighting the cold plates at breakfast and nothing happening, I was pleased to find there is now a hot cupboard holding the plates and though not set high so not hot to the touch it made a big difference to breakfast. I was able to eat my breakfast while it was still hot, previously it was almost cold before you got part way through. Bonus points for finally getting a hot cupboard, its small but perfectly suited for the breakfast.
Was happy with the visit and would stay again especially now honest feed back is being listened to. Friendly staff also and willing to assist when asked.

Room Tip: Book A classic room if you prefer a bigger room, the others can be smaller
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Many thanks for your review David W, we value all feedback that we receive. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your previous comments have been actioned, which made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future David.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Brilliant hotel...we stay a lot...brilliant staff...great rooms...brilliant breakfast....amazing stay as always. Mayra on the desk is so nice,like all the staff...very helpful & always happy looking forward to are next stay

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review shareleelawman, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you had an amazing stay with us and I will pass on your kind comments to Mayra. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I've spend last weekend in Pendulum hotel. Really good localization and very helpful staff, David, Karolina, Patricia and Ilhan. Breakfast was very good same as food served in the Garden Bar. Room was small but good organized, and comfy bed. I'll come back here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Many thanks for your review, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you found our team helpful. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.