1,904 results
All reviews garden bar manchester conference centre compact room canal street conference facilities ironing board palace theatre gay village piccadilly station short stay full english reception staff breakfast was excellent would stay again stayed for one night tea and coffee cooked breakfast
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Hotel reception was extremely helpful. Rooms clean and well appointed although a touch on the small side.
We ate in the Garden room and had a really tasty and well presented meal.
The only downside was some noisy people coming home in the early hours but it did not spoil our experience.
Very handy for both Piccadilly and Oxford Road stations and only a pleasant 10 minute walk to the Town Hall.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel in Manchester, it is about 10 minutes walk from both Oxford Road and Manchester Piccadilly stations.

The hotel staff were excellent, really friendly and helpful.

The room was compact, however very comfortable with everything I needed and good for the price in central Manchester. Nice to see a fan in the room as I often find city centre hotels can be warm.

Following an evening out a group of us returned to the hotel and bar and spent a really pleasant few hours more there which finished off the evening well.

Excellent breakfast selection with staff regularly topping food up and offering hot drinks.

Please note I took the photos just before checking out in the morning, which explains the bed covers!
My only feedback would be that you needed to stand to use either of the two mirrors in the room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Pendulumhotel, Deputy General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Many thanks for your recent positive review Dawn S, we value all feedback that we receive at the hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team here were friendly and helpful. I am pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to visit our Garden Bar after your night out. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel was nice and clean. We booked for 3 of us. It was just a double bed so 1 of us had stay on the floor. U had 24 hour service. However upon check in and check out they just kept asking for the card that wed booked with and werent saying what for. Communication was definitely a downfall. Werent sure if money was coming off or going on. It is like a maze but that was no problem. We didn't have food on the hotel so cant comment on food. Drinks were expensive but we went out anyway. The room itself was nice. Towels provided and shampoo and conditioner. We were going out down canal street and that was within walking distance. So was the Piccadilly train station. I would defo stay again the only problem was the room booking for 3 but was in a double room and the lack of communication regarding money. You also have pay 100 deposit upon check in.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your recent positive review Sharm_28th_13th2010, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us but I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered and that our communication with your party was not clear and adequate enough, I will follow up with my reception team to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We stayed here for a night and couldn't fault anything. Staff were brilliant, Room was clean and fresh. Its 10min walk to Piccadilly station and ideal for shopping . The bar was great and friendly. Would recommend to anyone. Breakfast was very nice especially after a party the night before. look forward to going back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your recent positive review Peter R, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our team welcoming. It is fantastic to hear that you would recommend us to anyone and we hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

This is a new and clean hotel that is affordable. The location is a little outside the centre, down towards the Universities, but all the quieter for that. Breakfast was good and the staff were welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Many thanks for your recent positive review Nick R, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our team welcoming. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.