1,894 results
All reviewsgarden barmanchester conference centrecompact roomcanal streetconference facilitiesironing boardpalace theatregay villagepiccadilly stationshort stayfull englishreception staffbreakfast was excellentwould stay againstayed for one nighttea and coffeecooked breakfast
Reviewed 18 November 2017

My wife and I decided to visit Manchester and their Christmas market and decided to book this hotel via a Groupon offer, which included a night's accommodation, dinner and breakfast.

On the dinner option you are limited to fish and chips, burger or any pizza, however I did overhear another couple ask if they order something else and pay the difference, to which they were told yes. The dinners my wife and I had were both very nice. As for breakfast, very nice, although it did appear that by the time we went for breakfast (09.00) all the Danish pastries had gone.

You'll probably find a familiar pattern regarding the rooms. Ours was very nice, with a comfortable bed and very nice decor but it was very much on the small side. Also, the hotel seems to be located around the university area of Manchester, unfortunately we were woken on a couple of occasions during the night from late night revellers.

The real plus point for the hotel were the reception staff. On the morning that we were going to Manchester I realised that I'd booked the previous night. When I phoned the hotel the member of staff couldn't have been nicer and was more than happy to help us, and sorted out my mistake. When we arrived at the hotel, once again the staff couldn't have been any more helpful.

All in all a very nice hotel, which is in a great location. If you travel by train, it is only a short walk from Manchester Piccadilly station. We would definitely recommend this hotel, very good value, excellent location and staff.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Pendulumhotel, Deputy General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Many thanks for your recent positive review MrandMrsAJP, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you utilised our promotional offer for your recent stay to Manchester to visit the Christmas Markets. I am sorry to hear that your rest was disturbed late at night, we do try to encourage our guests to remain respectful during the night and be mindful of people getting their rest. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

The hotel is within easy walking distance from Piccadilly station. Staff welcoming and hotel clean and relaxing. Rooms compact but have everything you need for a good stay. Restaurant food good and bar very pleasing and not too expensive. Hotel is walking distance to centre/ Arndale centre. we should have stayed two nights. Will definitely stay again when we go to Manchester.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your recent positive review Peter S, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you found our team to be welcoming and our food & beverage offerings good value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Hotel reception was extremely helpful. Rooms clean and well appointed although a touch on the small side.
We ate in the Garden room and had a really tasty and well presented meal.
The only downside was some noisy people coming home in the early hours but it did not spoil our experience.
Very handy for both Piccadilly and Oxford Road stations and only a pleasant 10 minute walk to the Town Hall.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel in Manchester, it is about 10 minutes walk from both Oxford Road and Manchester Piccadilly stations.

The hotel staff were excellent, really friendly and helpful.

The room was compact, however very comfortable with everything I needed and good for the price in central Manchester. Nice to see a fan in the room as I often find city centre hotels can be warm.

Following an evening out a group of us returned to the hotel and bar and spent a really pleasant few hours more there which finished off the evening well.

Excellent breakfast selection with staff regularly topping food up and offering hot drinks.

Please note I took the photos just before checking out in the morning, which explains the bed covers!
My only feedback would be that you needed to stand to use either of the two mirrors in the room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Pendulumhotel, Deputy General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Many thanks for your recent positive review Dawn S, we value all feedback that we receive at the hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team here were friendly and helpful. I am pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to visit our Garden Bar after your night out. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel was nice and clean. We booked for 3 of us. It was just a double bed so 1 of us had stay on the floor. U had 24 hour service. However upon check in and check out they just kept asking for the card that wed booked with and werent saying what for. Communication was definitely a downfall. Werent sure if money was coming off or going on. It is like a maze but that was no problem. We didn't have food on the hotel so cant comment on food. Drinks were expensive but we went out anyway. The room itself was nice. Towels provided and shampoo and conditioner. We were going out down canal street and that was within walking distance. So was the Piccadilly train station. I would defo stay again the only problem was the room booking for 3 but was in a double room and the lack of communication regarding money. You also have pay 100 deposit upon check in.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your recent positive review Sharm_28th_13th2010, we value all feedback that we receive. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us but I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered and that our communication with your party was not clear and adequate enough, I will follow up with my reception team to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.