“Absolutely awesome place”
Review of Monroes Hotel

Monroes Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manchester
Monroes Hotel
Ranked #71 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Hale, United Kingdom
“Absolutely awesome place”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in jan,wonderful location and great bar atmosphere,from the moment i checked in i was made to feel welcome by Pam at the bar,my room was very clean and spacious,although there was building work quite close it didnt interfere with my break whatsoever.i would not hesitate to recomend this hotel 10/10 and many thanks to debbie,michael,pam and rita

Room Tip: I chose a double at the rear
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Drew D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dublin
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Staff are so helpful, Michael, debbie run a brilliant b&b, train station on the doorstep, central to Chinatown, piciadilly station across the rd, so close to everything, nightlife, no need for taxis, city center 5min walk, I,d stay again, thanks to the helpful staff

Room Tip: Corner suites are huge,
2 Thank christydillon192
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We travelled as a group of 4 friends (1 female 3 male) who ended up staying "by chance" at Monroe's and even though we were 3 hours late for checking in and it was Christmas markets/football weekend the owners were patient enough to hold our room for us... and thank god they did!

Perfect location 5 minutes from Manchester Piccadilly station

Short walk (even in heels) to decent, friendly bars (by night) or a retail mecca (by day)

Full English breakfast (which was included in the price) served by the most entertaining waitress/chef who was the deal clincher in us definitely returning!

Refreshingly real staff and a clean, comfortable place to stay. Cracking value all round!

10/10 - see you again Monroe's!!

Room Tip: We shared a family room £20 a head for 4 people, included breakfast. Massive, clean room with comfy...
1 Thank Bex W
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I would like to call this place cheap and cheerful which I suppose it is and I feel I got value for my money compared to other hotels in the area. The hotel seems to be owned by a couple; one working in the bar, the other working in the hotel. The hotel is directly opposite Piccadilly train station and 2 min walk from the city centres shopping and restaurants.

On arrival we checked in at the bar and was given a nice friendly welcome by the member of staff.

We were then met by another member of staff who showed us to our room. The room was very basic with two single beds, a sink and television that had a very bad signal. The bathroom was just around the corner from our room which we didn't have a problem with as this was explained several times when we booked. The bathroom was clean, tidy and spacious with continuous hot water but the water pressure was shockingly weak which was a shame.

Whilst getting ready for an evening meal I needed to iron my clothes. I borrowed an iron from the hotel free of change and it came with a broken ironing board. It was fun attempting to iron at 45 degrees, something I have never done before.

The only main negative I have about the hotel is the signage... There are signs everywhere 'do not do this', 'do not do that', 'don't forget to' etc. Many of the signage contained spelling mistakes which is a pet hate of mine when aimed at customers.

I would stay here in the future but wouldn't pay anymore than what we paid as I felt it was only worth this. I wouldn't recommend the hotel to anyone wanting a city break in Manchester but would defiantly recommend it to anyone who is wanting a cheap warm place to stay when out drinking with friends or in need of a last min bed for the night.

1 Thank Matt C
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great place especially on a Wednesday or a Friday,great atmosphere ,music and Dancing.Stayed here with friends ,clean tidy ,nothing to much trouble.Good and handy for both City centre and Piccadilly Station.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank stuartcocker
Crewe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

went there with a friend - had room number 4 - a twin room
bad points: it is a bit dated, the sink was dirty, the pillows were too hard for my taste, i could feel the springs in the bed and the trams and sirens were loud and the telly was knackered (but written apology on the wall)
but the plus points outweighed the bad, great location, near train station and gay village, overall the room was very clean, as was bathroom, dining room and kitchen, with clean bedding and 3 clean towels each, bar of soap each, enough tea bags milk and sugar for a week, the hoteliers were lovely, as was the breakfast
cant beat that for £20 each!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawnjh
Redditch. England
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed at Monroes Hotel last night, and were more than happy. We stayed in room 5 (on the 2nd floor) The rooms are basic but very clean. The bed linen is pristine and duvets lovely and cosy - there is even a kettle and supply of tea, coffee etc in the room - more than we have had at some more expensive hotels. The shared bathroom was also kept very clean. Yes, you do have the trams making a bit of noise outside, but we didn't notice this after a while, it didn't stop me getting a good nights sleep (usually I am a very light sleeper). The proximity to Piccadilly station is fantastic, less than a 2 minute walk. The full English breakfast was lovely and really set us up for the day. Overall a fantastic place to stay, we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple