Mitre Hotel
US$107
US$222
US$102
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Free Internet
US$252
US$236
1,032 results
All reviewsmanchester cathedralfantastic locationprint workshotel barsaturday nightgood nights sleepprintworks
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Room Tip: Room was stunning though a little rough round the edges when looked at closely.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I booked this hotel for a Monday night (24th March 2014) as I had to work in Manchester for 2 days and it saved travel to Leeds each day.
I had excellent correspondence from the hotel prior to stay such as reminder emails etc.
I checked in around 5.30pm and walked thought the bar. I had to asked the bar an how to find receptions as it didn't appear to be there. The reception is on the first floor, so I went up there and checked in.
When asked about breakfast i enquirer if there was continental and was told both continental and full English were both 4.99 which I thought was pricey for continental.
I got the keys to the room and went to find it up another flight of stairs. The floors and stairs in the hotel all creak incredibly loud so I would have expected to hear everyone coming in and out through the night.
I found the room and was immediately disappointed. There was a large leak in the shower en-suite which I'd actually requested a bath en-suite anyway. The window was head high and looked out a a roof, being in the attic of the hotel. The window pane was single glazed and also had a large crack down the middle. It wasn't looking good so I went back to the reception and told the chap about the leak. He came back up with me and laid 2 towels over the leak and said a plumber was needed but that would stop me slipping. He said there were no other rooms free to change to.
He went and I took 5 minutes to think, deciding I would not stay here. I was told that not single rooms had bath en-suites yet this is advertised on the website. There were no baths in the communal facilities either. There are also cracks etc in various glass doors as you go around.
I do not know if the water leak is sewage, clean or waste sink water but either way I didn't want to walk on soggy towels, nor trip on them at any stage.
I went back to reception and advised the room was not fit for purpose and that I would be leaving. I was told the receptionist didn't have the authorisation to give a refund and I'd have to call the next day and speak to Gary.
I called a few times the next morning and emailed but no response. A further call was answered and I spoke to Gary who immediately was understanding, agreeable and auctioned my refund which I now have.
I wouldn't recommend this except for a stag do or something as the bar was probably handy downstairs.
Also, from the point of view of a lone female that evening, I'm surprised the occupant details are left on reception whilst unattended. This means anyone walking into the hotel can go and view who is in what room and see the name which is appalling confidentiality and a risk to safety.
What a shame this hotel inside did not match the exterior as it is ideally located right in the centre and just minutes walk from Victoria train station.

Room Tip: None of the singles.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Zebraprintbikini
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel I've stayed in iron marks on carpet, creaky floorboards, borrowed an iron and it leaked as did the kettle , walls are paper thin, therefore disturbed sleep! Bathroom was not very clean and the water was cold at times. Very disappointed- also the sockets did not work so charging your phone/using a hairdryer was awkward. Will never stay here again. After drinking in the mitre pub I expected a lot better from the hotel. Also did not like the fact we had to leave our room key in reception, never had to do that before.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Georgia T
Reviewed 24 March 2014

we arrived at the mitre to be greeted by a really rude man on reception we have been coming for the last 5 years and have allways had a lovely time he told us we pay the money he was asking which was different to what we had been quoted or he wasnt going to give us the key luckily a man called chris came to our aid which we really appreciated .the room was freezing the kettle had a loose switch the man on reception said he couldnt help us he was on his own we wont be coming back again gwyneth

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I never write reviews but in this case I just had to.

Just returned from a one night stay. I shared a twin room with my work colleague on the top floor. The bathroom was across the hall, which didn't bother us except it wasn't clean, the shower gels were placed on the side of the sink. I moved them to use but they were stuck to the sink with rust/dirt. Pretty gross.
Our room had stains all over the carpet and walls. The mirror was like the one from the crooked house in Southend you walk towards it and you are slim - you walk away and you become fat!
The room was freezing cold and the duvet was very small. Did not sleep all night due to being woken at 2am by some drunk people outside my room and then again at 4.30am. Eight people decided to have a party outside our door whilst using the bathroom and toliet with the door open! We could hear everything - I had to go outside and say something in the end as this lasted for about 30 minutes.

My colleague had to stay on at this hotel in a different room for another night. A better room with a lovely huge TV that.......you guessed it.... didn't work!

The breakfast was nice and the staff were friendly but that's where it ends. I paid £78 for the room. I've stayed in better hostels!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business