“Awesome Stay”
Review of Mitre Hotel

Mitre Hotel
Ranked #95 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Room Tip: I believe our room and ensuite bathroom had been recently renovated, the décor was great and the bed...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Mitre13, Reception Team at Mitre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Recently a group of our friends aged around 25 went to Parklife in Manchester! We checked into the hotel on Friday and were looked after by the excellent staff there, who we called Mum, as in our drunken and otherwise states they looked after us so well, opening the bar and making food for us so "we didn't go to bed on an empty stomach". Breakfast was brilliant and cheap! I would go back to this hotel every time, even if it's just to see our "Mum". Thanks for everything! Love from your sons (if you're reading this)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stefan S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

First time we stayed at the mitre hotel and got a real bargain. First of all i accidently booked a shared bathroom, i explained to the hotel that my partner was 7 months pregnant so would be struggling . they immeddiately upgraded us to an ensuite room for no extra charge. We only paid £35.00 which included breakfast for us both. The staff were so freindly and really hospitable.

The location was first class, a 5 minute walk from the train station and directly outside the shopping mall.

A great experience!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Mitre Hotel as we make it in our best interest to give our guests the best possible experience at the heart of Manchester. Our staff ensure all our guests feel at home and welcome and we hope our customer service guarantees your return.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I can't complain about this hotel, we stayed 3 nights at the start if June. The price was great, location brilliant and the staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were exactly what we needed.

The hotel has got some bad reviews, you are paying a small amount - you aren't going to get the Hilton.

I really enjoyed my stay and really can't fault anything. I will definitely be staying again.

Thanks guys.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mhazz
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Usual requirements for shopping trip with my two daughters (14/18) for basically a head down over night stay are price, minimum of clean tidy rooms, location central to shops, transport links, car park, free WiFi, plenty of eateries close by and the Mitre Hotel ticked all the boxes. Budget price, just round the corner from Manchester Victoria Train Station, next to Arndale Centre opposite Harvey Nics, pubs next door, good atmosphere as well downstairs in the hotel bar which has been decorated quite nicely, Printworks complex just round corner, so location excellent. The National Football museum, which is free to get in, is just round the corner and that killed three hours for Dad :O). Rooms are clean and OK for an overnighter; the stairs are a bit creaky and uneven but are OK. The location is such that if you want an early quiet night then this is probably unlikely to happen due to the pubs next door. Personally will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank masheyuk
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Good:
Staff were lovely, location couldn't have been better, incredibly cheap. Bedding was clean, pillows and duvet were big and soft. Checking in and out was quick and easy. Decor in reception is quite funky and someone is obviously trying to improve the hotel and make it a fun place to stay.

The Bad
Shower went from freezing to scalding and I had to wash by filling up a water bottle after getting burnt a few times... I tried for about half an hour to get the temperature to something bearable but couldn't do it. No lift and had to go up 2 flights of stairs with my own bags. (Would've been nice if someone had offered to help). WiFi signal didn't reach my room even though I had specifically asked for a room with a good WiFi signal as I would need it during my stay.

The Ugly
Floors were slopping in room, in fact a lot of the floors were at funny angles. Bath wasn't cleaned properly and plug seemed to be blocked as water wouldn't go down. Mattress should be burned, I wouldn't let a dog sleep on it, woke up slightly crippled and aching.

Recommend you stay on the side facing selfridges as it seemed to be the least noisy side of the building. Would totally recommend this place for a cheap night over, business or maybe for a group of friends but not for family and certainly not a child friendly hotel in terms of facilities.
I would stay there again if I was travelling without my family.

Room Tip: Facing Selfridges to avoid the noise... or Less noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My second visit to the Mitre in a matter of months - with a much bigger room on this occasion, facing Selfridges. Much quieter. Huge TV. Spacious bathroom, twin beds and included breakfast for £35 for one night,

Jaded, yes - but for a central location at that price, very good value.

Room Tip: A room to the west will be quieter as both pubs, Sinclairs and the Wellington, have outside seating...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business