“Great location & service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitre Hotel

Mitre Hotel
Ranked #88 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great location & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night and had the best time. The staff were the friendliest and most helpful staff I've encountered in a hotel, in particular Ben, who even took a mirror off a wall for me and my 3 friends to use as there was only one provided in our room.

We stayed in room 5 which was ensuite with a double bed and a separate adjoining room with two single beds. It was really clean and the most amazing location being a 2 minute walk from Manchester Victoria train station!

Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to all who need something central in Manchester!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Read so many bad reviews about the mitre but decided to give it a go anyway , 5 mins walk from station , 5 mins from phones4you arena , bedroom & bed was great , massive flat screen TV on wall , could hav used a chair or stool in the bedroom , breakfast in morn was very nice , food In bar was excellent , staff were very polite & courteous , an we best not forget BEN, did us proud at breakfast & looked after our luggage whilst we went shopping , would recommend this to family friends any day . BIG AL & HORNY VONNIE , WIGAN

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I decided to book a hotel before beginning my search for a flat in Manchester, where I am going to be for the next year and a half for my post graduate studies. I thought it would be best to have a nice place to relax and rest and sleep off 18 hours of travel from Seattle.

The Mitre was fantastic. The staff, specifically Ben, was really helpful and accommodating. He was able to answer all my questions about the city and even gave me some pointers for how to look for a living arrangement. Having worked for years in hospitality myself, I have a pretty high standard for good customer service and he--by far--lived up, or even exceeded them.

The room was nicer than I expected for how affordable the stay was, and it's such a well located hotel! It's right in the City Centre. When I first arrived it looked so busy in the attached pub and surrounding areas, really hopping, so I was a bit nervous I wouldn't get a lot of peace. As soon as I got up to my room, though, it was completely cut off from the noise. Perfect. For a person who had never been to Manchester before I could not have been happier with choosing this place for my first night in town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

1st visit at the Mitre was more than six months ago and when we got the chance to go again on a Living Social deal i didn't hesitate, it's in a fantastic location and the restaurant were quite happy for all 12 of us to book deals and eat together on a sunday afternoon. We were catered for very well, a waiter took our order instead of us all having to go to the bar and order seperate, service good, selection on the menu and food was fantastic.
Thanks again to The Mitre.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Brecon Beacons National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at the mitre hotel. Claire was particularly fantastic on reception she deserves a pay rise. Thank you very much, lots of love JB & AA. Ps Callum was okay at giving directions and he also told us where to go for a good night out. Loved it!!!

Stayed August 2014
Cheshire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I'd read mixed reviews but needed a cheap bed at short notice in Manchester. Bar is really good and has a good atmosphere. Location is amazing, right opposite Selfridges in the heart of the city. Room was clean and large. Furniture is a little shabby and the floors creak like crazy. The hotel is very noisy both outside and inside due to the creaking floor boards and old doors banging. I also had a rather large damp and mouldy patch in my room where is looks like there had been a water leak from upstairs. It wasn't over the beds so I just got on with especially I was literally using the room to sleep in for one night. In essence ok for a sleep but I wouldn't choose to stay here if I wanted to actually stay in the room for a longer period. For the price though you really can't complain, the next cheapest I could find at short notice was double the price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Windermere, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stopped in one of the twin rooms here with a business colleague. Pretty tidy rooms, downside is they are no en-suite so don't walk out of the room in the night and forget your key. Staff pleasant, and the bar downstairs is very clean. Have stopped a couple of times and if you are looking for a budget hotel, this one fits the bill but offers a higher standard than that of the well known chains!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business